PDA

View Full Version : At what Tension does OG micro 17g Stop Moving

Baseline Offensive
08-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Racquet: LM MP

Question: What tension would keep 17g OG micro natural from moving in a LM MP.

I am a 4.0 player that likes to hit with topspin. I tried biphase at 56 lbs and that wasn't close to holding the strings in place. I guess these are the only reference points I have. I don't wanna try using a poly yet and I like the economical price of micro.

Thanks for all input
=D

masterxfob
08-07-2009, 09:37 PM
syn gut moves, no real way to prevent it.

Blade0324
08-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I found that this string is more prone to movement than some others. However I have found that raising the tension on the crosses to be about 2-3 lb. higher than the mains does help quite a bit. However even this at lower tensions won't eliminate it. If you were to go to about 59 mains and 62 crosses the movement isn't too bad but really I find that Babolat Addiction is much less prone to movement and for me is an all around better string, just more expensive.

Lakers4Life
08-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I have Poly mains, and Gosen OG Micro on crosses. My mains hardly move. I agree with Blade, higher tension on the cross than the mains.

There are a lot of Polys out right now that are half the price of Lux. Volkl Cyclone (what I'm using now) is about $6-8, Topspin Cyber Flash is about $8-10. Use half a set for mains and OG Micro for crosses and you are good to go. Do your self a favor and buy a reel of OG Micro ($30), it comes out to like $1.78 a set. Instead of $3 to 4 for individually packaged sets.

Baseline Offensive
08-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the info! I'm going to try increasing cross tension.