PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Stringers In Australia

Lindsay
08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Greetings TW. I'm sending a player to Australia for some tournaments and am looking for a decent stringer to refer them to. The player will be in Brisbane for about a month and will then be all over the place. I'm not sure if Australia has anything similar to the USRSA, but I'd be looking for a "Master Racquet Technician" or similar. I'd also be looking for them to use a higher end electronic machine, as I've been stringing for this player on a Prince 6000, and would like it to be comparable. I already know of the Top Serve Tennis shop in NSW, but others would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

aimr75
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
These guys have recently become master racquet technicians..

http://www. t e n n i s w a r e h o u s e.com.au/

without the spaces

abllee2198
08-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Lindsay:

Aside from Ron Kohn's staff shop at Top Serve, you might have your player look up Michael Newbound. He strings a lot of tournaments, strung Aussie Open and a lot of smaller tournaments.

Albert

stules
08-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi

Give "strungout" a call. He is in Sydney. I believe he has done tournaments in the past. He does some stringing for Pat Rafter (he kindly allowed me to put one of his racquets on the RDC machine).
137 Bayswater Rd
Rushcutters Bay NSW 2011, Australia
+61 2 9360 9905
Philip Colin

Official stringer for NSW Open/Sydney International since 1985

Official stringer for all Davis Cup and Fed Cup ties held in Sydney since 1983

Part of the stringing team at US Open 1999 working for Jay's Custom Stringing

Official stringer Masters Cup 2001 held in Sydney

Established in 1992, Strung Out has become one of the leading tennis shops in Sydney