PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 blue

jmjmkim
08-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I was stringing this racket today with a rather inexpensive drop weight, 2 point stringer, and the black paint chipped off. I guess it happened when i was doing the crossess, and the tension pulled the racket laterally, and the friction from the fasteners must have scraped it. Afterwards, I noticed that underneath the black paint, there was blue paint, which is the colors of some of the other areas of the racket.

I guess they paint the racket with this blue first, then spray the black portions last. The black paint however, seemed very soft, almost as though it never quite bonded to the racket. This is the first time that I scraped a racket paint from this stringer . . . (This is probably why it is better to have a 4 point or more stringer)

But in other areas of the racket, I noticed similar scrapes (not common places to scrape due to game hitting). So, perhaps even a 4 pt. stringer would have made some marks on this racket. Maybe it's just a bad racket paint on these models.....:confused:

xxgt465xx
08-08-2009, 12:06 AM
The paint on most O3 models seems fairly soft me.

Make sure your fasteners are tight every time. I use a prince NEOS and sometimes it locks the racquet down tight, but other times the racquet is loose. Just give it a little jiggle before you go ahead and string it.