PDA

View Full Version : name some power strings that are still comfortable for the shoulder.

Elwood
08-08-2009, 05:42 AM
I know I can lower tension. But there have to be some strings that are retailed as power strings / and comfortable.

ihearit1st
08-08-2009, 06:35 AM
I know I can lower tension. But there have to be some strings that are retailed as power strings / and comfortable.

I may be misunderstanding your question, but I think you are backwards. Strings that are designed to give more power are mostly all also arm-friendly. These strings would be gut and high end multis. Polyester strings are for control and can create or worsen arm problems. If your arm is hurting, go with the softest string you can afford, use the thinnest gauge in reason, and drop it to a more comfortable tension. My recommendations would be natural gut, Wilson nxt tour, babolat xcel premium, prince premier, head intellitour, weiss canon explosiv, etc...

Elwood
08-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Strings that are designed to give more power are mostly all also arm-friendly.

I didn't know that. I just assumed I would by a soft string and lower the tension.

himynameisNIKE
08-08-2009, 07:50 AM
You should give pro line II a try

1st Seed
08-08-2009, 07:58 AM
+1 for Weiss Cannon explosiv.Great pop and comfort,resonably durable for a multi.
Also Ashaway dynamite great power on my k6.1's

steve s
08-08-2009, 09:14 AM
That would be GUT.

honz
08-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Any multifilament string. Stay away from poly if you are looking for power and comfort...poly strings are low powered and harsh on the arm.

rich s
08-08-2009, 10:13 AM
OP.....just curious....but what is making you conclude that your strng is responsible for your shoulder discomfort?

smack that
08-08-2009, 11:12 AM
naturL GUT

Valjean
08-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Babolat's Xcel Power...

Elwood
08-08-2009, 02:26 PM
OP.....just curious....but what is making you conclude that your strng is responsible for your shoulder discomfort?

I don't think it is responsible. I just have a sore shoulder and a bad back. I know that much of it is bad form. I am working on that. I still need the cush of a soft string. And power.

klementine79
08-08-2009, 03:29 PM
tecnifibre X-1, babolat xcel, gamma professional and weiss canon explosiv.

Steve Huff
08-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Generally, softer strings such as gut or multi's will help your racket be easier on your elbow. As for your shoulder, I doubt much of the shock of the racket is getting that far up. I imagine you are playing with a racket that is slightly too heavy for you. Heavier rackets may be easier on the elbow (if they are flexible too), but they are harder on the shoulder. Like many things, you have to find the right compromise. It doesn't take much difference in weight to have an effect. I can play comfortably with a 12.1 oz racket whereas a 12.7 oz will make my shoulder sore (same racket, just weighted differently).