PDA

View Full Version : Why is Federer in the Montreal draw? I thought he was skipping this one?

BreakPoint
08-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Wasn't Federer supposed to skip the Rogers Cup and come back at Cincy due to his newborn babies? So why is he seeded #1 in the draw?

Could he not stand the thought of missing a tournament named after him? :lol: j/k

Or is it because after he found out that Nadal is healthy enough to play, he decided he's also playing so that he could give Rafa a big beatdown? :)

フェデラー
08-08-2009, 12:13 PM
come on breakpoint. i thought you were mature.

BreakPoint
08-08-2009, 12:16 PM
come on breakpoint. i thought you were mature.
So why is he playing? I had no idea he was. Don't you think Nadal may have had something to do with him changing his mind to play?

FedFan_2009
08-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Wasn't Federer supposed to skip the Rogers Cup and come back at Cincy due to his newborn babies? So why is he seeded #1 in the draw?

Could he not stand the thought of missing a tournament named after him? :lol: j/k

Or is it because after he found out that Nadal is healthy enough to play, he decided he's also playing so that he could give Rafa a big beatdown? :)

Oh don't you wish? I don't think ****** will be able to get past the QFs anyways so 7-13 will remain.

jamesblakefan#1
This is a troll thread to rile up more Fed/Nadal **** wars...:roll:

jppc
i don't think so... maybe he can play or the tournament just boosted his appearance fee to some undeniable number, now that nadal is ready to play.. so that means ticket sale boost

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-08-2009, 12:26 PM

He found just a liiiiittle bit of space at home to place MS-title no 16, thats why he decided to play.

フェデラー
08-08-2009, 12:27 PM
thats why i want Nadal to drop to 3 so he can play Fed more often.

quest01
08-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Several articles have already stated that Federer was going to play Montreal about a week ago, try to keep up with the times.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Several articles have already stated that Federer was going to play Montreal about a week ago, try to keep up with the times.
Wow, a guest that is a hall of famer, props to you!:twisted:

rhubarb
08-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't think he was ever *not* playing.

A few weeks ago Pete Bodo wrote an article mentioning Fed was not going to play Montreal, so people assumed he wouldn't, but as far as I know Fed said nothing publicly about it.

CyberShot
08-08-2009, 02:51 PM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=279765

Maybe all the trolling that goes around here has clogged up all the decent, informative threads.