PDA

View Full Version : I hate tennis so much

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 02:35 PM
just lost my 3rd straight 3 setter. i lost 1-6 6-3 10-8. I feel like giving up i lose to so many worse players than i am. i mean last match i lost was pretty good but i mean this is just an embarrassing loss.

any suggestions on how to move on from here

star 5 15
08-08-2009, 02:38 PM
That's just tennis. You win some and you lose some. Just be happy your healthy and keep working hard.

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 02:43 PM
That's just tennis. You win some and you lose some. Just be happy your healthy and keep working hard.

i've lost 3 3 setters in a row. in all my 3 setters ive played which is 5 i have won the first set.

im tired of losing

game set match 46 TIMES!!
08-08-2009, 02:48 PM
i've lost 3 3 setters in a row. in all my 3 setters ive played which is 5 i have won the first set.

im tired of losing
Then start training and working hard... If you put even a 30-60 minites more aday of hard work youll beat these kids in a month i bet.

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Then start training and working hard... If you put even a 30-60 minites more aday of hard work youll beat these kids in a month i bet.

i play 5 hours a day plus gym and workouts. im sure i work much harder than anyone in my area

mtommer
08-08-2009, 02:52 PM
They're not the lesser player when they beat you. What that means is that you have to stop underestimating players based on rankings, form, technique and even results. In tennis, players can step it up, hit the zone, have great day, etc. The best players learn how to last against such players and position themselves to still win when they themselves start to hit all cylinders firing.

Don't look at this as a loss moreso than a learning experience. Think back about the match and think about how you MAY have won a point here or there if you had just done this or that. You don't have to win pretty. Also, don't play less because of this, play more. The more you play the more chances you give yourself to be put in a situation where you really have to dig down deep and think about alternate ways of winning. You'll get to the point where you should start winning some of these meetings against "lesser" players and you'll find the experience only helps against "equal" and "greater" players because you'll find yourself in the same situation of being down but now know what you have to do.

TennisNinja
08-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Dude Brandon I hate it too. I sucked nuts today. Again. It's so frustrating I practice so much and work my *** off, all for nothing.

himynameisNIKE
08-08-2009, 04:19 PM
dont worry man ur gonna go through some patches in your tennis where you dont feel confident in yourself you just gotta be confident man you have to believeeeee!!

08-08-2009, 04:43 PM
dont worry man ur gonna go through some patches in your tennis where you dont feel confident in yourself you just gotta be confident man you have to believeeeee!!

And dont get cramps in those 3rd sets!!

OliverSimon
08-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Work on your metal game!

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER
08-08-2009, 05:25 PM
....Just wait until you are top of your game/section and switch to a one hander...
Think of it this way, (without pushing) you don't WIN, you just don't LOSE first- Work to become that "brick wall" kid...

And if that doesn't put it in enough perspective for you, read the thread about the UCLA player in the College section and the kind of experiances he's going thru- I bet he would even be willing to lose to you, just to play at all.

The-Lengend
08-08-2009, 05:33 PM

im tired of losing

You play 5 hours a day?
maybe you need to train smarter or find a better coach. I have heard good things about the Central Park tennis club program. (I live in norcal)

Academy is also an idea.

Bud
08-08-2009, 05:56 PM
just lost my 3rd straight 3 setter. i lost 1-6 6-3 10-8. I feel like giving up i lose to so many worse players than i am. i mean last match i lost was pretty good but i mean this is just an embarrassing loss.

any suggestions on how to move on from here

Sounds like a pretty darn close match that could have gone either way... time to work on your mental game :)

Read The Inner Game of Tennis by Tim Gallwey

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 06:22 PM
And dont get cramps in those 3rd sets!!

ive never cramped b4

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 06:34 PM
....Just wait until you are top of your game/section and switch to a one hander...
Think of it this way, (without pushing) you don't WIN, you just don't LOSE first- Work to become that "brick wall" kid...

And if that doesn't put it in enough perspective for you, read the thread about the UCLA player in the College section and the kind of experiances he's going thru- I bet he would even be willing to lose to you, just to play at all.

theres a reason why i won the first set 6-1. i was an agressive brick wall then i lost my cool cuz i couldn't believe i was losing to him. stil i didnt give up i came back from 0-3 and got it to 2-5. i saved like 5 set points in a row with winners to make it 3-5. then i choked the 3-5 game away. 30 all and i dont even hit the ball hard like i should. ok so we go into super tiebreak and we both keep hitting winners after winners on pretty long rallies. and i blow it at 8-9 when i dumped another return. match point with my serve i hit a hard slice at him and he gives me an easy return, i hit it pretty agressively, and i get another short ball. i hit it fairly deep, and get an easy putaway volley but i hit it a little bit wide. i mean this is just another heartbreak after another.

and yeah these 3 setters just keeep killing me deeply. first match it was really close and i took it easy and it went away.

2nd match i won the first set and it was close too, then in 2nd set we had like 20 minute games and he played them better.

3rd match i was in total control i was ahead 6-1 i was pumped up everything was going my way. and even tho things went bad i still tried to come back and i almost did.

ClarkC
08-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Work on your metal game!

I have an old T5000 metal racket if anyone needs to work on their metal game.

08-08-2009, 07:33 PM
ive never cramped b4

I was talking to himynameisnike. He cramps alot in the 3rd so i just said that. haha sorry.

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I was talking to himynameisnike. He cramps alot in the 3rd so i just said that. haha sorry.

isnt cramping due to conditioning? if thats the cause im probably never gonna have one i have really good conditioning

himynameisNIKE
08-08-2009, 07:44 PM

no?i cramped once thats the only time i have

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 07:47 PM
another thing is that usually when i start playing matches i'm always down 0-3 and somehow find a way to come back either to win the set or tie it up.

any suggestions on how to prevent this.

last 3 matches this tournament i went down 0-3 at least once per match

SoCal10s
08-08-2009, 07:54 PM
since you play so mach tennis already,try doing some roadwork.. start runnung a few miles 2X a week .. this will not only help you with your stamina but also teach you how to appreciate the long distance hard work you have to put in to go 3,4,5 miles.. the secret is to do it on a very routine basis..pick 2 days to run,Mon. and Wed. or Tues. and Thurs,, and don't miss the running no mater what.. it's the discipline that you have to commit to to be able for you to get over that hump.. I know this works,, just do it and prove it to yourself.. good luck..

autumn_leaf
08-08-2009, 07:58 PM
i think it's the mental game. too much overconfidence when you think you're the better player, you get sloppy, and lazy during play.

also if you have an aggressive game several things can go wrong. you outplay yourself being aggressive. or if you start losing you start playing too defensively and it becomes a rolla coaster of shifting gears with seemingly no control.

himynameisNIKE
08-08-2009, 08:03 PM
i think it's the mental game. too much overconfidence when you think you're the better player, you get sloppy, and lazy during play.

also if you have an aggressive game several things can go wrong. you outplay yourself being aggressive. or if you start losing you start playing too defensively and it becomes a rolla coaster of shifting gears with seemingly no control.

agree with this guy. you just need to focus more and keep your intensity

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 08:06 PM

first set i was really agressive hitting my shots cuz he was staying at the baseline and i won it easily. 2nd set he went to the net more often and me being me i killed the ball at him and it didnt work. so i started lobbing him and i kept missing easy volleys. i start a comeback from 1-4 down but i miss an easy shot at 30-40 at 3-5.

tiebreak i already talked about.

and i wasnt playing too defensively if anything i was way more consistent in this match then in any other.

and i didnt get overconfident if anything playing him made me even more pumped up because of a little incident that i wont go into

08-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Sounds like me in a tourny in NM. won first easy lost second caue i played his game. Only i beat him 6-2 in the third. But i learned to keep my game cause ill lose alot playing their game.

DownTheLine
08-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Slow start.
Take a jog before your match get into the zone while you wait and in your warm-ups.

Many people overlook there warm-ups including me. Hit it to every shot of your opponent find out the weakest stroke and exploit that.

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Slow start.
Take a jog before your match get into the zone while you wait and in your warm-ups.

Many people overlook there warm-ups including me. Hit it to every shot of your opponent find out the weakest stroke and exploit that.

i have an 1hour warmup before matches and all my practices. including stretching etc. i found out his weakness which is how i won the first set so easily 6-1. he played better 2nd set killing me at the net. i would start lobbing him and it worked but when i went up for the volleys i kept missing them and i wasnt rushing at all.

at 8-9 i hit 2 pretty good forehands and i had an easy putaway volley right to me and i hit it wide a little bit

DownTheLine
08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
In the second set did you still hit to his weakness? Or did you become complacent and stop?

Plus, if somethings not working why keep on doing it?

LafayetteHitter
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
I think the first issue at hand here is believing that someone that just beat you is a lesser player. I never understand this thought process. I would rather walk off the court thinking I brought everything I could and the other player just had the answers. If you started smashing the ball at the guy and he still took you to the bank in the end, then ball smashing isn't the answer. My coach has an interesting saying I hear him use often. He talks about how he coaches these autistic children and they can smash the ball so hard it amazes him.

LafayetteHitter
08-08-2009, 10:27 PM
i have an 1hour warmup before matches and all my practices. including stretching etc. i found out his weakness which is how i won the first set so easily 6-1. he played better 2nd set killing me at the net. i would start lobbing him and it worked but when i went up for the volleys i kept missing them and i wasnt rushing at all.

at 8-9 i hit 2 pretty good forehands and i had an easy putaway volley right to me and i hit it wide a little bit

Maybe after the first set he figured out your weaknesses?

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 10:32 PM
In the second set did you still hit to his weakness? Or did you become complacent and stop?

Plus, if somethings not working why keep on doing it?

first set i hit heavy topspin deep keeping him at the baseline and it was his weakness so it killed him thats how i won 6-1. he then pounced on like all my short balls after that so i give him credit.

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I think the first issue at hand here is believing that someone that just beat you is a lesser player. I never understand this thought process. I would rather walk off the court thinking I brought everything I could and the other player just had the answers. If you started smashing the ball at the guy and he still took you to the bank in the end, then ball smashing isn't the answer. My coach has an interesting saying I hear him use often. He talks about how he coaches these autistic children and they can smash the ball so hard it amazes him.

i did give everything i almost staged a comeback from 1-4 down saving 8 set points before losing the 2nd set at 3-5 down by hitting a bad backhand at 30-40.

i give him credit tho he handled all my hard shots at the net pretty well.

LafayetteHitter
08-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Many players take the first set to figure out what someone is going to do and then start to adjust. There are many guys that love to have someone blasting balls at them.

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Many players take the first set to figure out what someone is going to do and then start to adjust. There are many guys that love to have someone blasting balls at them.

i guess he's one of them. i mean its just seriously depressing i put in so much time and hard work and guys that dont even care as much as i do keep beating me

DownTheLine
08-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Maybe your just burnt out and having a slump.

GeorgeLucas
08-08-2009, 10:53 PM
just quit already. tennis doesn't need talentless windbags like you wasting valuable court space.

Nadal&Nike10
08-08-2009, 10:54 PM
just quit already. tennis doesn't need talentless windbags like you wasting valuable court space.

Hey easy soulja b***h

himynameisNIKE
08-08-2009, 10:54 PM

dude. shut up. :evil:

seriously man f*** off

Nadal&Nike10
08-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Just keep working hard. people say thats just tennis but that is just life aswell, keep working and keep playing. it will pay off

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Maybe your just burnt out and having a slump.

im playingthe best i ever had before.

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 10:59 PM

r u telling me u've never had hard losses before. get out of here ckunt

GeorgeLucas
08-08-2009, 11:05 PM
r u telling me u've never had hard losses before. get out of here ckunt

my dawg i just dont cry about them all day look here the all knowing soulja boy says "i know alot of yall thought i wasnt comin back yeah yeah i had to prove em wrong got back in the studio came up wit another hit yeah yeah"

DownTheLine
08-08-2009, 11:07 PM
my dawg i just dont cry about them all day look here the all knowing soulja boy says "i know alot of yall thought i wasnt comin back yeah yeah i had to prove em wrong got back in the studio came up wit another hit yeah yeah"

WTF???????

Nadal&Nike10
08-08-2009, 11:08 PM
he is drunk as hell i bet

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 11:09 PM

ok mr turn my swag on. but im like different from everyone else i put in more hardwork then everyone else 3-5 hours a day. conditioning,fitness, and workout.

and what do i have to show for it can't win past 3rd round, and no trophies

Nadal&Nike10
08-08-2009, 11:13 PM
same and i do about the same, hours, conditioning, weights ect. it is f*****g annoying but it will eventually pay off

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 11:15 PM
same and i do about the same, hours, conditioning, weights ect. it is f*****g annoying but it will eventually pay off

hopefully it all pays off. conditioning hasnt really come into play in any of my matches yet

Nadal&Nike10
08-08-2009, 11:17 PM
is it hot in washington

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
is it hot in washington

for most i guess but the heat doesnt bother me. i like it cuz i know if i play long matches in the heat i can last. this past week its cooled down a lot it

Nadal&Nike10
08-08-2009, 11:27 PM
i live in texas and it gets hot and humid, like 110 with 85- 90% humidity on court sometimes if not hotter, but i have gotten used to that which is a huge bonus for me in my matches

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 11:29 PM
i live in texas and it gets hot, like 110 on court sometimes if not hotter, but i have gotten used to that which is a huge bonus for me in my matches

yeah people complain so much but its all about conditioning and since its gotten so hot on the court im always confident i can last out in the heat

DownTheLine
08-08-2009, 11:31 PM
ok mr turn my swag on. but im like different from everyone else i put in more hardwork then everyone else 3-5 hours a day. conditioning,fitness, and workout.

and what do i have to show for it can't win past 3rd round, and no trophies

Well first don't say you work harder then everyone else. Second what are you making of your time? Third stop playing the victim card or trying to make us feel bad for you.

Idk if your doing that or it just seems that way for me...?

Nadal&Nike10
08-08-2009, 11:32 PM
yeah it just need to start paying off now...

zeratul90
08-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Not trying to be rude, but this is what I think. I'm not that great of a player myself, but from just reading this thread so far, I think it is hugely a mental problem. You have got to lower that ego of yours. OK, you practice and give it your all more than 80% of the players out there but so does those other 20%. Because you work hard doesn't mean you should be able to get to X round or something or beat X players. It just means you have a higher chance of doing so.

I think that because of all this hard work and time you put into practicing/condition/etc you would assume that you are the superior player when matched against others. If so, that is something you really should stop doing.

mcutilize
08-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Not trying to be rude, but this is what I think. I'm not that great of a player myself, but from just reading this thread so far, I think it is hugely a mental problem. You have got to lower that ego of yours. OK, you practice and give it your all more than 80% of the players out there but so does those other 20%. Because you work hard doesn't mean you should be able to get to X round or something or beat X players. It just means you have a higher chance of doing so.

I think that because of all this hard work and time you put into practicing/condition/etc you would assume that you are the superior player when matched against others. If so, that is something you really should stop doing.

i dont have an ego. my mental is what wins me matches i came back from 2-5 down to win a match 7-6 6-4. i came back from 0-3 in all 3 of my matches this tournament. in 90% of the matches this summer i've had to come back at one point or another to win my matches

i dont assume im the superior player im just upset that i put in so much work and im not getting any results right now.

star 5 15
08-09-2009, 08:35 AM
i dont have an ego. my mental is what wins me matches i came back from 2-5 down to win a match 7-6 6-4. i came back from 0-3 in all 3 of my matches this tournament. in 90% of the matches this summer i've had to come back at one point or another to win my matches

i dont assume im the superior player im just upset that i put in so much work and im not getting any results right now.

Dude seriously. If you had a good mental game you wouldn't repeadly put yourself down like that at the start of matches. What it sounds like to me is you just play tennis all day. Mindless training just hitting balls and balls and balls and balls and there is no mental training at all. Yeah all the hitting is great but its a total waste if you don't how to apply it when the pressure heats up.

This thread is making me ****in sick though. Why would you say something like I hate tennis so much. You should be lucky your healthy and that you can play. I have been out of tournament play since March with an unhealed stress fracture in my back. I have had multiple cordizon injection to try and get the pain barable. SO STOP *****ING BECAUSE YOU LOST A COUPLE MATCHES. At least you actually got to play them. I would do anything to be healthy right.

Oh yeah I recomend playing more matches in practice with matchplay situations with PRESSURE and read a couple mental books. They will help.

babolatking
08-09-2009, 08:38 AM
two words my friend, WINNING UGLY

mozzer
08-09-2009, 12:19 PM
im playingthe best i ever had before.
So by the sounds of it, he was a better player. Whats the problem with losing to people better than you?

darthpwner
08-09-2009, 05:50 PM
develop a monster serve like karlovic and all u need is 1 break per set

Nadal&Nike10
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
develop a monster serve like karlovic and all u need is 1 break per set

No not a good idea

DownTheLine
08-09-2009, 09:48 PM
No not a good idea

Well it got him to what top 20 or 15 in the world?

Nadal&Nike10
08-09-2009, 09:51 PM
i'd rather have a good ground stroke game and all around game than a huge serve

DownTheLine
08-09-2009, 09:52 PM
So would I.

The-Lengend
08-10-2009, 05:56 PM

LOL your mental is what wins you matches? dude you have only won 4 out of 16 matches.

if you really play 5 hours a day you must be training EXTREAMLY stupid and unintense.

mcutilize
08-10-2009, 06:05 PM
LOL your mental is what wins you matches? dude you have only won 4 out of 16 matches.

if you really play 5 hours a day you must be training EXTREAMLY stupid and unintense.

im good fundamentally and all around i just dont have plans when im out for matches. i dont really know how to win

bholloway
08-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Don't worry it will come with time. It almost sounds to me like you might be panicking a little in the second or third set. I don't mean full blown panic, but you probably start thinking about your previous losses in three sets and how you want to prevent that. This probably causes you to tighten up a little bit and not play your best. This season I lost in 3 sets to the same kid twice after wining the first set in both matches. What I learned from those matches is that you really have to take it one point at a time. And you have to come out aggressive in the second set. If you win the first, dont give him any chance to get back on his feet in the second.

mcutilize
08-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't worry it will come with time. It almost sounds to me like you might be panicking a little in the second or third set. I don't mean full blown panic, but you probably start thinking about your previous losses in three sets and how you want to prevent that. This probably causes you to tighten up a little bit and not play your best. This season I lost in 3 sets to the same kid twice after wining the first set in both matches. What I learned from those matches is that you really have to take it one point at a time. And you have to come out aggressive in the second set. If you win the first, dont give him any chance to get back on his feet in the second.

i just realized my first ever win in tournaments was a 3 set win lol.l

yeah the 3rd set thing is at the back of my mind when i play and it sorta comes to thought whenever i win first set but its not that i tighten up. its sometimes when i get a huge lead i get complacent but i fix it later on.

last match i came out blazing first set and i got it 6-1, i played the same and the guy adjusted but i almost got a come back so i respect him for holding me off.

the tiebreak was close and the last point if i didnt hit the volley putaway a lil wide it mightve been different

CHOcobo
08-10-2009, 09:24 PM
the more you loose the better you get. you get experience through mistakes not success. look at Goku, got his *** kicked so many times, in the end he does the *** kicking.

find a hitting buddy and practice a lot. i used to be like you, lost to all my friends. now i win em. if you continue to have low self-esteem like this you won't win another match. no one can help you but yourself, just practice.

mcutilize
08-10-2009, 09:30 PM
the more you loose the better you get. you get experience through mistakes not success. look at Goku, got his *** kicked so many times, in the end he does the *** kicking.

find a hitting buddy and practice a lot. i used to be like you, lost to all my friends. now i win em. if you continue to have low self-esteem like this you won't win another match. no one can help you but yourself, just practice.

i beat this guy twice that beat me every time for a year straight.

yeah im already over this loss im looking forward to sectionals next week

u know it was just heat of the moment cuz it was the 3rd straight 3 setter i lost this month and i have won the first set in all 5 of my 3 setters

dwhiteside
08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
It seems like your conditioning is fine. You say your training is fine, and I'm assuming you think your technique and hitting is fine. Focus on the mental side of things. No amount of practice will fix that, even if you play 9 hours a day. Even the best technique and hitting form won't hold up if you aren't able to maintain focus and concentration and not allow distractions, pressure, and the opponent's shifting strategies to affect you. Focus on the mental game. Work on strategy and tactics, thinking things through, using your mind and creativity. Don't mindlessly ball bash. Adjust your game plan depending on every game. It doesn't matter how much you practice and how good your conditioning is if you're not able to adapt and evolve on the fly and if your mind is constantly sabotaging you either via poor strategy/tactics, inability to adapt, poor focus, or poor observation causing you to miss flaws in your opponents game and thereby not exploiting them properly.

vndesu
08-12-2009, 12:32 AM
dont be such a kash.
suck it up and play harder and strive to win.

mcutilize
08-12-2009, 12:53 AM
dont be such a kash.
suck it up and play harder and strive to win.

im not a kashgotmoney since i posted this thread i've gotten over the loss im working even harder now to make sure it doesnt happen again

himynameisNIKE
08-12-2009, 12:59 AM
im not a kashgotmoney since i posted this thread i've gotten over the loss im working even harder now to make sure it doesnt happen again

it probably will happen again it happens to everybody u cant control certain things during a match

mcutilize
08-12-2009, 01:07 AM
it probably will happen again it happens to everybody u cant control certain things during a match

lol yeah i know **** i won 2 3 setters in a row then i lost 3 3 setters in a row.

shiet its 1 am in washington i need sleep

himynameisNIKE
08-12-2009, 01:10 AM
lol yeah i know **** i won 2 3 setters in a row then i lost 3 3 setters in a row.

shiet its 1 am in washington i need sleep

haha same here man

Gmedlo
08-12-2009, 02:34 PM
next week you're playing in sectionals; you can't expect a win there if you aren't winning many matches in regular champs tournaments.

mcutilize
08-12-2009, 02:38 PM
next week you're playing in sectionals; you can't expect a win there if you aren't winning many matches in regular champs tournaments.

dude everyone is playing at sectionals everyone has a chance. and im not even thinking about my past losses im just thinking ahead for the future.

on a side note i heard u brother is gonna play t lowes at tacoma

Gmedlo
08-12-2009, 07:48 PM
on a side note i heard u brother is gonna play t lowes at tacoma

Dang, just saw the draw. With how my brother is playing now it'll be a sweep, 0-6 1-6 maybe. 2,2 if he's lucky.

mcutilize
08-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Dang, just saw the draw. With how my brother is playing now it'll be a sweep, 0-6 1-6 maybe. 2,2 if he's lucky.

lol dude t isnt god hes just a moonballer. funny story is that we were both playing at the same time at tacoma and we both had 3 setters. my score was 4-6 7-5 10-7 ( i lost after being up 5-2 in the 2nd :evil: ) and t lost 6-4 5-7 10-4

mcutilize
08-14-2009, 08:05 PM
at sectionals i play number 3 seed and in dubs i play number 8 seeds. i dont know what to expect from 3 seed but he's pretty good so i might enjoy it.

but doubles im confident that we might win if me and my partner play steady

a-naik.1
08-15-2009, 01:28 PM
3 seeds can be very very deceiving...i would be careful...lol. I played a 3 seed in the finals of a tourny once and lost 6-3 6-0. The reason being because the kid did not play many tournaments at all. If he wouldve played the same amount as me, he would wouldve be 1st and i wouldve been seeded 2nd.

USERNAME
08-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Quit or stop complaining. Losing is a part of every sport, just make sure you take something from the loss. Find what you need to work on and work on it. And never discredit your opponents, they played as hard or harder then you that day and won it.

mcutilize
08-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Quit or stop complaining. Losing is a part of every sport, just make sure you take something from the loss. Find what you need to work on and work on it. And never discredit your opponents, they played as hard or harder then you that day and won it.

i don think u realize this was from like last week im way over this loss.

yeah i played amazing first set and he found out how to beat me 2nd set and tiebreaker was 10-8 so it was close.

USERNAME
08-15-2009, 08:26 PM
i don think u realize this was from like last week im way over this loss.

yeah i played amazing first set and he found out how to beat me 2nd set and tiebreaker was 10-8 so it was close.

Work on that weakness that people pick on, dont show any major reactions to uf errors that will give any hint to a shot u dont like.

mcutilize
08-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Work on that weakness that people pick on, dont show any major reactions to uf errors that will give any hint to a shot u dont like.

the weakness was serve and volley no one else i've ever played has done that to me so i worked on it this past week and my lobs have gotten a lot better

USERNAME
08-15-2009, 09:09 PM
the weakness was serve and volley no one else i've ever played has done that to me so i worked on it this past week and my lobs have gotten a lot better

Dont always try to lob, becomes predictable, aim for the service line T and keep the ball low. If ur more confident push the ball at a tight inside-out angle or put it down the line. Just remember when hittin dtl or inside-out u open up the angles for ur opponent, so make sure when trying this u can make it a good shot. Hittin to the middle always works well to neutralize the angle shots so thats where id go 80-85% of the time.

mcutilize
08-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Dont always try to lob, becomes predictable, aim for the service line T and keep the ball low. If ur more confident push the ball at a tight inside-out angle or put it down the line. Just remember when hittin dtl or inside-out u open up the angles for ur opponent, so make sure when trying this u can make it a good shot. Hittin to the middle always works well to neutralize the angle shots so thats where id go 80-85% of the time.

at first when he started doing it i kept missing my passing shots. then i started hitting the ball really hard at his body and hed come up with winners. but i started coming back from 1-4 down to 3-5. i kinda blew it at 30 all

USERNAME
08-15-2009, 09:20 PM
at first when he started doing it i kept missing my passing shots. then i started hitting the ball really hard at his body and hed come up with winners. but i started coming back from 1-4 down to 3-5. i kinda blew it at 30 all

Hittin a hard ball at a seemingly good S&V player is the wrong strategy, hit a rally ball not a 90mph pro fh. Dont give em a ton of pace to work with, just makes it easier to push the ball right past u. Hittin a rally ball can b dangerous tho if u cant keep it low (overheads, swing vollies, droppers.) Keep it at there feet, MAKE them come up with an amazing shot.

mcutilize
08-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Hittin a hard ball at a seemingly good S&V player is the wrong strategy, hit a rally ball not a 90mph pro fh. Dont give em a ton of pace to work with, just makes it easier to push the ball right past u. Hittin a rally ball can b dangerous tho if u cant keep it low (overheads, swing vollies, droppers.) Keep it at there feet, MAKE them come up with an amazing shot.

well when i saved 9 set points i hit some pretty hard winners

USERNAME
08-15-2009, 10:43 PM
well when i saved 9 set points i hit some pretty hard winners

still aint a good strategy, sounds like u did it outta desperation.

mcutilize
08-15-2009, 11:25 PM
still aint a good strategy, sounds like u did it outta desperation.

no its like he hit some good volleys right to me and i just pounded them either cross court or down the line under pressure. when i play im not nervous that much so i usually go for my shots

USERNAME
08-16-2009, 01:18 AM
no its like he hit some good volleys right to me and i just pounded them either cross court or down the line under pressure. when i play im not nervous that much so i usually go for my shots

So how did u lose? Sounds like even if he comes in u didnt have a problem. Did u let off at times or what?

mcutilize
08-16-2009, 09:38 AM
So how did u lose? Sounds like even if he comes in u didnt have a problem. Did u let off at times or what?

at the beginning of first set i went down early cuz i couldnt hit any passing shots. then i staged a comeback to get it to 3-5 then when it was 30 all i was pretty much poised to come back to 4-5 but i blew an easy putaway at the net which gave him another set point.

but yeah 3rd set tiebreak we both had pretty good points and we kept holding until i blew another putaway on match point

USERNAME
08-16-2009, 09:10 PM
at the beginning of first set i went down early cuz i couldnt hit any passing shots. then i staged a comeback to get it to 3-5 then when it was 30 all i was pretty much poised to come back to 4-5 but i blew an easy putaway at the net which gave him another set point.

but yeah 3rd set tiebreak we both had pretty good points and we kept holding until i blew another putaway on match point

hmmmm sounds like pressure got to u a little. That happens 2 every1 tho, jus work on stayin poised and calm thruout a match no matter the score. Its very hard 2 do but doin it works miracles in tough situations.

mcutilize
08-16-2009, 09:12 PM
hmmmm sounds like pressure got to u a little. That happens 2 every1 tho, jus work on stayin poised and calm thruout a match no matter the score. Its very hard 2 do but doin it works miracles in tough situations.

yeah thanks i played 4 and half hours today and i feel ready for my tournament tommorow. i will update all you with my results

USERNAME
08-16-2009, 10:32 PM
yeah thanks i played 4 and half hours today and i feel ready for my tournament tommorow. i will update all you with my results

Good luck dude.

mcutilize
08-17-2009, 06:42 PM
i won my match 6-1 6-1. so i play 4 seed tommorow and its gonna be a good match cuz we have similar style

TennisNinja
08-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Mitch does not play like you...

mcutilize
08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Mitch does not play like you...

shut up ben he hits the ball moderately hard. and i hit the ball hard. i pushed today cuz i didnt have to hit hatrd

TennisNinja
08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
What's with all this hostility bro? Lol. No I just really don't think you two play similarly.

mcutilize
08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
i lost my 3rd round singles match 6-2 6-4. first set i didnt start hitting hard until the end. so at 2nd set we were even until 4-5. then we had deuce at 4-5 down and it was long rally like 14 balls then i slid to a ball and fell and my knee ended up all bloody. so bloody my shorts are like stained lol.

then i won my first 16s doubles match 9-7 with my partner. then i won the championship 9-7

Katlion
08-19-2009, 05:58 PM

im tired of losing
You've played 5 three setters. Suck it up, and get back out there. If you really hate it, then quit, but don't be complaining just because you have lost 5 three set matches.

mcutilize
08-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Sectionals here i come its gonna be an amazing week :):):):)

fruitytennis1
08-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Hmm my first year of vasity i never won a set or went into a tiebreak.

MethodTennis
08-21-2009, 01:26 PM
if you hate it so much quit then no 1 realy cares. sounds think u have a bad attitude the players that beat you are not lesser players but better players on the day

mcutilize
08-23-2009, 03:07 PM
i did alright at sectionals.

lost first match 0 and 1 cuz the ump screwed me over in the beginning.

in backdraw first match i won 6-1 6-3.

in backdraw 2nd match i won 4-6 6-3 10-8. i got pretty lucky and i did everything i could to hold on and i guess it worked.

then i lost in the backdraw quarterfinals 6-4 6-4. came back from 0-3 down both sets but i just couldnt save one more game and lost it.

and to all who think i still hate tennis i dont this was made like 2 weeks ago and i got over it

10isplayer
08-23-2009, 03:18 PM
How can you lose a match 0,1 and think that it was the umpires fault?!?!?!

Oh I know you are delusional

mcutilize
08-23-2009, 03:32 PM
How can you lose a match 0,1 and think that it was the umpires fault?!?!?!

Oh I know you are delusional

it started when i was 0-2 down and had break point.

she gave me a time warning and i freaked out

DownTheLine
08-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Still not an excuse to lose 0 and 1 LOL.

10isplayer
08-23-2009, 03:47 PM
yeah so she gave you a warning doesnt mean she gave you a point penalty. So because she tells you, you need to speed up a little and you lose it?? I don't know how you can say you are mentally strong if you let one little thing affect you like that.

Gmedlo
08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
it started when i was 0-2 down and had break point.

she gave me a time warning and i freaked out

The player you lost to is a 5-star... The time warning had nothing to do with your loss.

mcutilize
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
The player you lost to is a 5-star... The time warning had nothing to do with your loss.

is that why for the first 5 games i had multiple game points and break points?

star 5 15
08-23-2009, 06:51 PM
is that why for the first 5 games i had multiple game points and break points?

dude you must not be very good if you let what an ump says in the 3rd game upset you to lose 0 n 1, for crying out lud cut the crap. I had a ref say that to me at 5-6 in the third set during the easter bowl last year.

mcutilize
08-23-2009, 07:08 PM
dude you must not be very good if you let what an ump says in the 3rd game upset you to lose 0 n 1, for crying out lud cut the crap. I had a ref say that to me at 5-6 in the third set during the easter bowl last year.

its not that she gave me one she gave me one when i was waiting for my opponent to come back from getting a new racquet becuz he broke his strings.

it was a bull shi t reason

star 5 15
08-23-2009, 07:19 PM
its not that she gave me one she gave me one when i was waiting for my opponent to come back from getting a new racquet becuz he broke his strings.

Your not seeing the point. that is no reason no matter the circumstances to lose your mental composure. Big freakin whoop that after the third game. you have to win 12 to win a match...

DownTheLine
08-23-2009, 09:52 PM

Highly doubt that.

Was the opponet walking back from his bag when she warned you? If so I would just laugh because it's so stupid.

mcutilize
08-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Highly doubt that.

Was the opponet walking back from his bag when she warned you? If so I would just laugh because it's so stupid.

like heres how it went

he broke his strings and i won the point cuz he made a ue. he went back to bag to get racquet so i stood by fence. while hes walking back after getting his racquet i come to the line to get ready to serve. the ump then said time violation and i freaked out at her cuz i didnt know why she gave it to me and she never gave me an answer

DownTheLine
08-23-2009, 10:09 PM
She probably did that because she was wrong...

mcutilize
08-23-2009, 10:14 PM
She probably did that because she was wrong...

yeah thanks thats what the 2nd umpire said too

USERNAME
08-23-2009, 10:30 PM
U cant let that bug u man, like i said b4, jus keep a clear straight head no matter what happens. And also give credit where credit is due. U got beat, leave it at that, dont start sayin u got beat cause an ump screwed u. Thats unsportsmanlike and never good to hear.

mcutilize
08-23-2009, 10:46 PM
U cant let that bug u man, like i said b4, jus keep a clear straight head no matter what happens. And also give credit where credit is due. U got beat, leave it at that, dont start sayin u got beat cause an ump screwed u. Thats unsportsmanlike and never good to hear.

all im saying is we were having a pretty close match then the lady screwed me over and i couldnt recover at all from that.

i mean i had at least 2 game points per game b4 that happened

USERNAME
08-23-2009, 10:51 PM
all im saying is we were having a pretty close match then the lady screwed me over and i couldnt recover at all from that.

i mean i had at least 2 game points per game b4 that happened

Doesnt matter how many game points a player has in a match, its how many the player wins no matter the situation. Sayin u got screwed by an ump is discrediting ur opponent, he played better then u and thats why he won.

mcutilize
08-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Doesnt matter how many game points a player has in a match, its how many the player wins no matter the situation. Sayin u got screwed by an ump is discrediting ur opponent, he played better then u and thats why he won.

just ******** tho idc if he was a 5 star or not we were having a pretty competitve match and my mindset got screwed up. i didnt know whata do

USERNAME
08-23-2009, 11:11 PM
just ******** tho idc if he was a 5 star or not we were having a pretty competitve match and my mindset got screwed up. i didnt know whata do

Learn to have a brain like a goldfish in these types of situations, take it and then 4get about it very quickly. Dont dwell on these things.

T1000
08-24-2009, 05:07 PM
just keep fighting and you'll win these. I just played a mens open final against a DI college player whose 21 (i'm 17). I won the first 6-4 but I was serving up 5-2. I lost the 2nd 7-5 after being really tight and having a ton of game points on my serve at 6-5. I got down 3-0 and told myself i could win this. came back and ran off the next 6 games. you just gotta keep fighting and know you can win.

mcutilize
08-24-2009, 05:17 PM
just keep fighting and you'll win these. I just played a mens open final against a DI college player whose 21 (i'm 17). I won the first 6-4 but I was serving up 5-2. I lost the 2nd 7-5 after being really tight and having a ton of game points on my serve at 6-5. I got down 3-0 and told myself i could win this. came back and ran off the next 6 games. you just gotta keep fighting and know you can win.

yeah thats what happened in my 3rd match i was down 4-6 and down 0-3 then i came back to win the set 6-3 after fighting hard. then won the tiebreak 10-8

misakikidd
08-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Yo man i think i can relate... But you know if you love the game n work ur tail than no shame in losing. Right now u say this but u love the game in the end right? Isnt everyone here like that? I got a problem too but i bet while u play those tough sets u love how it goes. Aight ive never been to a final( in singles) but like i lose i let go n get ready for next one. In ur case let it go. You love this game while u play I DONT. So at the end stop lookin at recordedbut the process... You play three hours but do you really work on what u have to or what you want to? U probably can kill so let it all go and bust ur moves... Amazingly dude u made me realize thar i can get my attitude back so if i can bounce back so can you right? Hope to see you across the court one day... Wit much love and good luck

mcutilize
08-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Yo man i think i can relate... But you know if you love the game n work ur tail than no shame in losing. Right now u say this but u love the game in the end right? Isnt everyone here like that? I got a problem too but i bet while u play those tough sets u love how it goes. Aight ive never been to a final( in singles) but like i lose i let go n get ready for next one. In ur case let it go. You love this game while u play I DONT. So at the end stop lookin at recordedbut the process... You play three hours but do you really work on what u have to or what you want to? U probably can kill so let it all go and bust ur moves... Amazingly dude u made me realize thar i can get my attitude back so if i can bounce back so can you right? Hope to see you across the court one day... Wit much love and good luck

thanks yeah it just hurt being up a set and then losing in 3 3 times in a month. but i came back and won 4-6 6-3 10-8 at sectionals cuz i fought hella hard

misakikidd
08-28-2009, 11:52 AM
nice to hear man...yeah im gettin heat from people now lol but yeah im realizin on my own what i gotta do

ahile02
10-03-2009, 09:07 PM

You. Fail.

halalula1234
10-26-2009, 03:11 AM
it happend to me before when i first gotten back into tennis a couple of yrs ago. Now i feel much more confident even if i loose i just forget about it, its better for you that way, dont think about stuff that brings you down too much, just brush it aside and you'll win some

TENNIS 67
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
there is no way to prevent a loss, when you go out on the court just know that when the match is over, one person will walk of the court a winner and the other the loser. When playing matches though, if you lose the second set its not over, remember you only have to win 51 % of the points. A common misconception now-a-days is that you should be winning 70-80 % of points to win a match. While in school you may not be satisfied with a 51%, thats all it takes to win a match.

star 5 15
10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
God! don't get this thread brought back up. It should be deleted.