PDA

View Full Version : String prices

mad_dr
08-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey there

I recently got me a stringing machine, and am planning (with my bro) to start a small stringing business. The goal will be, most of all, make ends meet. We aren't really planning on making money (more as we dont expect to have a big enough client base), but we'll be more than happy if we can make enough to cover our own supplies (strings and such).

Now that the idea is formulated, the question: to those who run a similar business, how much do you mark up the strings? Imagining I get me a string at 5 a job, that would be usually found at 10/15, what is the price you usually ask for (besides the work itself?).

Thank you all in advance for your time and help

Mad

bab pure drive roddick
08-08-2009, 08:08 PM
if my customers have their own string i charge $15 for the work. if they don't have their own string and let me string it with a cheap synthetic that i have, then $20 for the whole job. hope this helps even though you are using euro's

game set match 46 TIMES!!
08-08-2009, 08:14 PM
My coach brings me all the bussiness. I bought a eagnas stringer and i got a reel for free and 2 other reels for 20$ each. My coach said you do a great stringjob and i get them done in 2 hours or less 90% of the time. The strings are great! I didnt come up with the prices anyways. I guess im saying if you get a $5 string sell it for $4-5 more then you buy it. If its more money like $15charge like $23. If there to high then who will want to get them. So keep a profit but keep it resonable. Again hopes this helps even though your using euros.

DownTheLine
08-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Depends what I am stringing...

Multifillment and Syn Gut not as much, but a poly or a two piece poly with syn gut or multi I charge more. Mostly because I always seem to have trouble with knots on those hybrids.

forehand_barrage
08-09-2009, 01:19 AM
I usually charge my freinds $7 for teh labor and $2 extra for strings if i am paying less than its retal price

zomg_rofl
08-09-2009, 03:06 AM
well my stinger charges me 10$ + stings if i don't have any.

PBODY99
08-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Hey there

I recently got me a stringing machine, and am planning (with my bro) to start a small stringing business. The goal will be, most of all, make ends meet. We aren't really planning on making money (more as we dont expect to have a big enough client base), but we'll be more than happy if we can make enough to cover our own supplies (strings and such).

Now that the idea is formulated, the question: to those who run a similar business, how much do you mark up the strings? Imagining I get me a string at 5 a job, that would be usually found at 10/15, what is the price you usually ask for (besides the work itself?).

Thank you all in advance for your time and help

Mad

If you keep you inventory under control without too many sets that don't turn, 125 to 150% of your per/set price to your door, including prorated shipping work out just fine, plus your labor charge. So in the case of a string that cost you 5 it get marked up to 7.5 + labor. By turns I mean if you string 20 sets a year and keep 5 sets on hand, that equals 4 turns.

mad_dr
08-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I appreciate you all took your time to help me!

Your overall ideas go to what I was planning (will have to keep the labor price lower, can't see anyone paying 15€ here) but the 150% mark up seem a good balance between profit and client price.

Again, thank you all for your time

Mad