PDA

View Full Version : What does this quote mean to you....

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-08-2009, 06:13 PM
"Thank God the hardcourt season is over."

Federer's been great since Madrid, but now he has to play on hardcourts which seemed to cause him big trouble early on. So how will Fed do in your opinion? He's riding a big hot streak of late but then again, Fed hasn't shown this year that he's a danger for a HARDCOURT master's, and tell tell me blah blah blah "clay was like fast hardcourt" bull.

GameSampras
08-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Hmm...

Overrall hardcourts.. Well overall Period I dont expect Fed to accomplish a whole lot the rest of his career. He seems to have put all his focus on the slams. Thats where most of his accomplishments will come until he retires I think.

Fed is at the point now where does winning Queen or Dubai or Cincinatti really matter? Been there done that

flyinghippos101
08-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Well considering he beat Nadal on clay, won both the French AND Wimbledon, then he would be going into the latter part of the season with a reinvigorated confidence and thus will hopefully post some good results. I see him pocketing one of the Masters and winning the US Open, reason, he has the crowd behined him, he has no pressure anymore and he also still has incredible momentum going into the US Open even if he doesn't win any of the later hardcourt masters.

GameSampras
08-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Well considering he beat Nadal on clay, won both the French AND Wimbledon, then he would be going into the latter part of the season with a reinvigorated confidence and thus will hopefully post some good results. I see him pocketing one of the Masters and winning the US Open, reason, he has the crowd behined him, he has no pressure anymore and he also still has incredible momentum going into the US Open even if he doesn't win any of the later hardcourt masters.

Well not so fast.. If Nadal comes back tearing up the tour again, and Fed loses some high profile matches to Nadal especially slam matches and loses his #1 ranking pretty quick.... You may see the pressure build once again..

I think Fed really wants to solidify his legacy, and losing more slams to Nadal should be the last thing Fed wants

flyinghippos101
08-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Well not so fast.. If Nadal comes back tearing up the tour again, and Fed loses some high profile matches to Nadal especially slam matches and loses his #1 ranking pretty quick.... You may see the pressure build once again..

I think Fed really wants to solidify his legacy, and losing more slams to Nadal should be the last thing Fed wants

Well Federer pretty much has his #1 spot guarenteed up till the US Open but consider this
- Hard is Nadal's worst surface
- US Courts are the fastest on the tour, not too good for Nadal's grandpa knees.
- Hard Courts also likes taking a hammer to Nadal's knees.
- No bad bounces on hard + balls bounce drastically low thus severely hindering one of Nadal's main weapons against Federer
- Federer has no pressure just because he already beat Pete's record, now he can play relaxed and at this point, can just improve his GS total to make it harder for the next tennis prodigy down the line to beat.
- Nadal will be forced to somehow alter his game to prevent yet another bout of tendinitis. Tendinitis isn't like a cold, it just doesn't go away.
- Nadal definately does not beat Federer nor Murray when it comes to footwork on hardcourts.

GameSampras
08-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Well Federer pretty much has his #1 spot guarenteed up till the US Open but consider this
- Hard is Nadal's worst surface
- US Courts are the fastest on the tour, not too good for Nadal's grandpa knees.
- Hard Courts also likes taking a hammer to Nadal's knees.
- No bad bounces on hard + balls bounce drastically low thus severely hindering one of Nadal's main weapons against Federer
- Federer has no pressure just because he already beat Pete's record, now he can play relaxed and at this point, can just improve his GS total to make it harder for the next tennis prodigy down the line to beat.
- Nadal will be forced to somehow alter his game to prevent yet another bout of tendinitis. Tendinitis isn't like a cold, it just doesn't go away.
- Nadal definately does not beat Federer nor Murray when it comes to footwork on hardcourts.

In regards to the USO I agree.. Nadal coming back at a time where he is rusty and having to deal with the conditions of the USO, I dont envy him a bit.

But.. Nadal has had these problems before.. I guess I am talking about the overrall next two seasons or so, which I assume Fed will still be around as long as he is capable of winning slams and trying to stretch that record further.. But if a healthy Nadal stands in his way and begins taking slams away from Roger.. The buzz going around will be "Fed still cant conquer Nadal on the big stage" Thus giving Fed more pressure.

You will see the pressure mount if Nadal comes back healthy overtakes Fed as king of the mountain again.

Fed can have all the records he wants.. If he cant beat Nadal on the big stage, then he still has a problem

flyinghippos101
08-08-2009, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=GameSampras;3780891]In regards to the USO I agree.. Nadal coming back at a time where he is rusty and having to deal with the conditions of the USO, I dont envy him a bit.

But.. Nadal has had these problems before.. I guess I am talking about the overrall next two seasons or so, which I assume Fed will still be around as long as he is capable of winning slams and trying to stretch that record further.. But if a healthy Nadal stands in his way and begins taking slams away from Roger.. The buzz going around will be "Fed still cant conquer Nadal on the big stage" Thus giving Fed more pressure.

You will see the pressure mount if Nadal comes back healthy overtakes Fed as king of the mountain again.

Fed can have all the records he wants.. If he cant beat Nadal on the big stage, then he still has a problem[if /QUOTE]

A big if, let's just see how well he performs in the coming tournaments before we begin suggesting that Nadal will be snatching away grand slams from Roger. Even if this scenario were to occur and people begin to question Fed (like what many were doing for over a year till the french open) whats to say Fed will even care by then?