PDA

View Full Version : Nadal says he may not be 100% for U.S. Open

Commando Tennis Shorts
08-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

I don't mean to throw fuel on the fire or anything, but after this news http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=4385847 , what in God's name is going on? He's going to play in Montreal, but he's still not 100 percent apparently, which I guess makes sense when you have a two-month layoff from injury, but after this latest news, I can only imagine the speculation that will ensue from now until the start of the U.S. Open

flyinghippos101
08-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Damnit Nadal has to decide whether or not he's fit for play. Pretty sure if he can play in Montreal, he's more than ready for the US Open. Sheesh this is getting worse than the Brett Favre saga.

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't think he cares how a bunch of neckbeards on a forum will interpret his remarks.

Stop putting every single word these guys say under a microscope and just enjoy the tennis.

raiden031
08-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Normally I wouldn't say this, but maybe Nadal should just retire. If he is never going to be 100% then there is no point in going on.

Commando Tennis Shorts
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't think he cares how a bunch of neckbeards on a forum will interpret his remarks.

Stop putting every single word these guys say under a microscope and just enjoy the tennis.

The #2 player in the world saying he may not be 100 percent for his third straight Grand Slam when he's only 22 years old---That's not making a big deal out of nothing. It's making a big deal out of a big deal.

Plus, that's what we as fans do. We're fans. We care about these things.

GameSampras
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Normally I wouldn't say this, but maybe Nadal should just retire. If he is never going to be 100% then there is no point in going on.

You do make a good point... Why go on in such a pain and agony the rest of his career? Hes made enough dough. You do need your knees to play tennis.

And I can understand the pain he must be going through.. But at the end of the day, if hes never gonna be healthy, never finish a season healthy, and continue pulling out of tournaments, then I dunno what to tell ya.

I mean are we going to through this every year with Nadal?

uNIVERSE mAN
08-08-2009, 08:22 PM
He should take the rest of the year off and come back in Australia.

egn
08-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Waiting for some ******* to say he is making excuses in advance...and gosh get him a good trainer and doctor or something

GameSampras
08-08-2009, 08:23 PM

Thats another good idea.. Get as fully healthy as possible, instead of rushing back quick, risking more damage on his knees, and not be able to perform in top shape at the USO.

backhand winner
08-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I agree. 1 month is not enough. I think it will take 6 months.

raiden031
08-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Waiting for some ******* to say he is making excuses in advance...and gosh get him a good trainer and doctor or something

There is already a large thread on this. :)

goyeji
08-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't really see any news in this article. The writer has a nice sense of humor though - "Nadal could face the ultimate fitness and mental test in Montreal, with Federer confirming on Friday that he would compete in the event." Yes facing Federer is the ultimate test for Nadal LMAO.:lol:

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Well look at this. I didn't know so many doctors frequented this tennis forum.

No, Nadal is not going to retire. Yes, he is going to win more grandslams. Yes, he is going to beat Federer some more and keep that one sided record going.

rommil
08-08-2009, 08:30 PM

We are bringing out the big guns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na9ZZ4ZjVa8

PatrickB
08-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I hear the USO has wheelchair tennis, too...

rommil
08-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I hear the USO has wheelchair tennis, too...

How many percent do you have to be to win that? Nadal's "percent" keeps fluctuating. Next thing we know he will start complaining how gruelling the wheelchair season is and BOOM he has tapes all over his wheelchair.

raiden031
08-08-2009, 08:38 PM
How many percent do you have to be to win that? Nadal's "percent" keeps fluctuating. Next thing we know he will start complaining how gruelling the wheelchair season is and BOOM he has tapes all over his wheelchair.

The problem is that its hard to pick his butt while sitting in a wheelchair.

rommil
08-08-2009, 08:43 PM
The problem is that its hard to pick his butt while sitting in a wheelchair.

Well he could always put a hole just to accommodate his OCD. They will also place cupholders on the wheelchair so he can keep perfect alignment of the water bottles even during play.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 08:44 PM

No, Nadal is not going to retire. Yes, he is going to win more grandslams. Yes, he is going to beat Federer some more and keep that one sided record going.

Amen brother.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 08:46 PM
ha funny thing is that nadal could prob beat you scrubs in a wheelchair and i bet youd be dying to be in nadals position in life so just keep finding lil thi gs to nitpick about him.

rommil
08-08-2009, 08:49 PM

I hope our resident doctors make a lot of money. How about you? How much do you make being a fortune teller?

rommil
08-08-2009, 08:54 PM
ha funny thing is that nadal could prob beat you scrubs in a wheelchair and i bet youd be dying to be in nadals position in life so just keep finding lil thi gs to nitpick about him.

I'll play Nadal....bring it on!!!! Better yet, let's put him on a wheel barrow and you can push his injured @ss around the court. I promise I will not hit a lot of drop shots. Deal?

yung goon
08-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I'll play Nadal....bring it on!!!! Better yet, let's but him on a wheel barrow and you can push his injured @ss around the court. Deal?

i really dont understand why your saying these things you really are in no position to talk **** on the man. your prob a fedfan

rommil
08-08-2009, 09:03 PM
i really dont understand why your saying these things you really are in no position to talk **** on the man. your prob a fedfan

You issued a challenge, I am taking it. Yes I am a Fed fan but the most important thing is are you playing? If your wheel barrow starts squeaking I won't hesitate to call a let on you and Rafa. Intiende?

DownTheLine
08-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Just another excuse when he loses...

JeMar
08-08-2009, 09:25 PM
If Nadal starts making excuses, it's a good sign he's feeling great.

Look, some people need a crutch in order to play their best. In Nadal's case, it's low expectations on anything but clay. In Federer's case, he thrives under heavy expectations. This isn't new, and it's not going to change. Just learn to live with it, guys.

flyinghippos101
08-08-2009, 09:33 PM

Cue hypocritical remark...

BreakPoint
08-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I thought Nadal has always stated that he won't play ANY tournament unless he's 100%?

I mean, that's what he said before Wimbledon, where he was the defending champion. And that was Wimbledon, his most coveted tournament and this is the Roger's Cup for chrissakes!

BreakPoint
08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
McEnroe took 6 months off in the middle of his career. When he came back, he never made it to another Grand Slam final again for the rest of his career.

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 10:04 PM
I hope our resident doctors make a lot of money. How about you? How much do you make being a fortune teller?

Not much considering the over abundance of fortune tellers on this forum.

Commando Tennis Shorts
08-08-2009, 10:04 PM

I like my chances

namelessone
08-08-2009, 10:05 PM
As always some *******s keep on complaining about Nadal's condition as if it affects them in some way.Look,withdrawing from Wimbledon and playing Montreal are 2 different things,so stop with the 100% thing.
Nadal withdrew for WB cause he didn't feel good enough to enter the most prestigious tournament where he would have played 3 out of 5 for 2 weeks on grass where you have to bend a lot.Nadal plays to win not just to participate.It's good that he withdrew,I'd rather see him rest his knees than see another sub-par Rafa.

Montreal is nothing but a glorified exo for him.The guy loves tennis and has stayed away for 2 months.It must have been very hard to sit on the sidelines and in the meanwhile watch other guys win titles,Slams and to lose your nr.1 and possibly nr.2 in the process.In the TVE interview he said he still feels some pain but this time feels good enough to give it a try.To be 100% he would probably need to take the rest of the year off but that's not an option for Nadal.

The guy is taking it slow and has low expectations.He is not 100% but enters to test out the knees again in a real match after 2 months.Basically this is Nadal giving it a go.There are 2 possible outcomes:

1)knees hold and he moves as he always does and perhaps even plays some good tennis in the process.

2)pain comes back and he retires in the first or second match and probably doesn't play again until USOpen.

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 10:06 PM
This place has degraded into abunch of losers living vicariously through Federer. It's not even about the sport anymore. It's like you actually hate Nadal the person, whom you've never met.

VivalaVida
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I hope he is fit for the USO. The whole tournament will be soo much better.

BreakPoint
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM
This place has degraded into abunch of losers living vicariously through Federer. It's not even about the sport anymore. It's like you actually hate Nadal the person, whom you've never met.
Have you ever met Nadal? No? Then why do you love him so much? :oops:

JeMar
08-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I hope he is fit for the USO. The whole tournament will be soo much better.

He'll be fit, don't worry. Excuses means that he's really serious about winning it.

goyeji

You have to understand these people though. Nadal's injury at the French was probably the best news these sad people heard in all of their entire pathetic lives. They decided that injury and pain is funny, and their own humor still does not fail to amuse them two months later. It is almost inhumane to critisize these sad creatures. The intelligent and compassionate posters surely should know better by now.

JeMar

Says the guy that named his avatar after him...lol.

Do you have Nadal undies too?

rafan
08-08-2009, 10:15 PM

Well I think the reason we turn into a bunch of over analysing neckheads is because we have missed him so much on the tennis scene and really hope he can make it. But I understand where you are coming from

rafan
08-08-2009, 10:17 PM
You do make a good point... Why go on in such a pain and agony the rest of his career? Hes made enough dough. You do need your knees to play tennis.

And I can understand the pain he must be going through.. But at the end of the day, if hes never gonna be healthy, never finish a season healthy, and continue pulling out of tournaments, then I dunno what to tell ya.

I mean are we going to through this every year with Nadal?

I just hope you haven,t hit the nail on the head so to speak. I can only suggest he could change the whole of his game to be less stressful

namelessone
08-08-2009, 10:18 PM
He'll be fit, don't worry. Excuses means that he's really serious about winning it.

They were saying the same thing about Wimbledon participation when he was testing his knees.A lot of people were like "sure he'll play he is just trying to take the attention away from the RG defeat" and so on and after that Nadal withdraws from Wimbledon.

I don't think he is thinking about winning USOpen at this point,probabl he is thinking whether to enter or not.He hasn't won that GS even when he was in good shape,how is he going to do it now? I think the is slowly trying to get back and see how he feels,that's all.

His condition is probably more serious than we previously thought.His doctor said 3-4 weeks should be enough.It has been 2 months and Nadal says he still feels some pain.It's got better but it still hurts after 2 months.That can't be good,can it?

rommil
08-08-2009, 10:19 PM
You have to understand these people though. Nadal's injury at the French was probably the best news these sad people heard in all of their entire pathetic lives. They decided that injury and pain is funny, and their own humor still does not fail to amuse them two months later. It is almost inhumane to critisize these sad creatures. The intelligent and compassionate posters surely should know better by now.

Awww all of a sudden you are sensitive? Boo freakin' hoo....you want to help yung goon push the wheel barrow?

goyeji

Nadal's undies seem to be the topic of keen interest to Federer fans. You should really talk to them about Nadal undies, and how he touches them, and such, instead of harrassing an intelligent poster.

yung goon
I like my chances

No you dont.

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 10:20 PM

No I've clearly outlined his weaknesses many times. I don't love someone that I've never met, nor would I hate him. I'm a fan.

Federer fans would suck his **** if they could.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Awww all of a sudden you are sensitive? Boo freakin' hoo....you want to help yung goon push the wheel barrow?

lol your idiotic

JeMar
08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Nadal's undies seem to be the topic of keen interest to Federer fans. You should really talk to them about Nadal undies, and how he touches them, and such, instead of harrassing an intelligent poster.

How many times do you have to get banned before you give up?

JeMar
08-08-2009, 10:25 PM
No I've clearly outlined his weaknesses many times. I don't love someone that I've never met, nor would I hate him. I'm a fan.

Federer fans would suck his **** if they could.

I've outlined Federer's weaknesses many times over many threads.

Oh, and I didn't make a screenie with Fed's name on it.

So don't worry about lending me your knee pads.

goyeji
08-08-2009, 10:25 PM
lol your idiotic

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure how to reply to that nonsensical post, but I sure am glad you found just the right words.:D

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
How many times do you have to get banned before you give up?

Says a guy that hasn't posted anything with a shred of intelligence in months. Sarcasm doesn't cover up your obvious idiocy.

zagor
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Would be good for the game if Nadal arrives in good condition(as good as possible a the moment)at USO,we'd then have 5-6 good contenders for the title(Fed,Nadal,Murray,Novak,Roddick and IMO Delpo as well),could make for some great tennis.

I don't how bad is his condition at the moment,Montreal and Cinncinati will tell us more.He's bound to be a bit rusty after such a long layoff but as long as his health is good he's bound to find his game till USO and be a contender there.

If his knees are still in such bad shape maybe a bit longer layoff(6 months)to rest his knees would help him although I don't know much about sport injuries and such so obviously I don't know what is the best course of action for him.I'm sure he and his team know much better what to do.

JeMar
08-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Says a guy that hasn't posted anything with a shred of intelligence in months. Sarcasm doesn't cover up your obvious idiocy.

You've been following me for months? I'm a little scared.

Weren't you leaving?

Or are you waiting till you get banned for the lewd references?

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I've outlined Federer's weaknesses many times over many threads.

Oh, and I didn't make a screenie with Fed's name on it.

So don't worry about lending me your knee pads.

So just because the word "Federer" isn't in your screen name, you're an honest, unbiased poster.

You wouldn't need knee pads anyway, the amount time you've spent on your knees has got to have built some calluses.

rommil
08-08-2009, 10:32 PM
lol your idiotic

Idiotic? Don't hold back, your hesitation to commit is embarrasing.

JeMar
08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
So just because the word "Federer" isn't in your screen name, you're an honest, unbiased poster.

You wouldn't need knee pads anyway, the amount time you've spent on your knees has got to have built some calluses.

You're more than welcome to look through my post history. The amount of ********, overly defensive Nadal and Sampras fans has made the recent posts a little skewed, but it's nowhere near as terrible as the garbage that you and some of the other Nadalites somehow manage to spew unto your keyboards.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure how to reply to that nonsensical post, but I sure am glad you found just the right words.:D

:) 10 char

rommil
08-08-2009, 10:35 PM
:) 10 char

Sensical post.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Idiotic? Don't hold back, your hesitation to commit is embarrasing.

your the one here who is embarassing.

rommil
08-08-2009, 10:36 PM

Another sensical post.

rommil
08-08-2009, 10:38 PM

Oh indeed I am embarrasing............YOU.

goyeji
08-08-2009, 10:39 PM

I sometimes wonder if rommil and the likes actually hate Federer and pose as Federer fans just to make his fanbase look bad.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Oh indeed I am embarrasing............YOU.

..um....ok? whatever helps you sleep better.

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 10:40 PM
You're more than welcome to look through my post history. The amount of ********, overly defensive Nadal and Sampras fans has made the recent posts a little skewed, but it's nowhere near as terrible as the garbage that you and some of the other Nadalites somehow manage to spew unto your keyboards.

And the garbage that is constantly spewed by *******s is what? A very insightful and unbiased outlook?

Kind've hard to not be defensive when you're in the lions den and every second thread is a "Nadal is not 100%/Nadal should retire/Nadal will never win again" etc etc.

You have overwhelmingly superior numbers on this website and you're still butthurt over Nadal/Sampras fans. Lawl at you sir.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I sometimes wonder if rommil and the likes actually hate Federer and pose as Federer fans just to make his fanbase look bad.

well hes doing pretty well.

koopa_troopa
08-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Doesn't that mean he may not play in the US Open? Wasn't his reason for not playing Wimbledon was that he won't play unless he is 100%?

JeMar
08-08-2009, 10:49 PM
And the garbage that is constantly spewed by *******s is what? A very insightful and unbiased outlook?

Kind've hard to not be defensive when you're in the lions den and every second thread is a "Nadal is not 100%/Nadal should retire/Nadal will never win again" etc etc.

You have overwhelmingly superior numbers on this website and you're still butthurt over Nadal/Sampras fans. Lawl at you sir.

Oh?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x120/Defcoalknot/dumb.jpg

rommil
08-08-2009, 10:51 PM

Oh darn you had me figured out. I actually don't play tennis and am actually just here because I follow a certain player. I am a Nadal fan.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 10:53 PM
wow...too much free time.

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh?

First of all, taking a screenshot of the front page at the current moment and getting 2 threads on the same thing (Nadal bashing) is helping me out, so thank you for that. Notice the lack of Federer hating threads (0).

Second, take a screenshot tomorrow at midnight and let's add up the tally again. I guarantee you another 3-4 threads about it.

Thirdly, taking what I said literally, and then reaffirming your butthurt by taking all that time to make that picture just proves how far you'll go to defend your butt buddy Federer.

Thanks broseph.

yung goon
08-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh darn you had me figured out. I actually don't play tennis and am actually just here because I follow a certain player. I am a Nadal fan.

noone takes your posts seriously unless you play tennis

JeMar
08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
First of all, taking a screenshot of the front page at the current moment and getting 2 threads on the same thing (Nadal bashing) is helping me out, so thank you for that. Notice the lack of Federer hating threads (0).

Second, take a screenshot tomorrow at midnight and let's add up the tally again. I guarantee you another 3-4 threads about it.

Thirdly, taking what I said literally, and then reaffirming your butthurt by taking all that time to make that picture just proves how far you'll go to defend your butt buddy Federer.

Thanks broseph.

I can always spare 30 seconds to expose someone for the hypocritical fool they are. Come back any time.

I take it you weren't around for the days of 40 daily threads about Federer's retirement after he lost the Wimbledon final last year?

goyeji
08-08-2009, 10:57 PM

Well if you're a Nadal fan then why are you so fascinated with his *** and his underwear?:lol:

rommil
08-08-2009, 10:57 PM
well hes doing pretty well.

Thank you. I am glad to represent. So, you have your wheel barrow ready? I have a video especially for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25BlzbPU0FQ

Nadalfan89
08-08-2009, 10:59 PM
I can always spare 30 seconds to expose someone for the hypocritical fool they are. Come back any time.

I take it you weren't around for the days of 40 daily threads about Federer's retirement after he lost the Wimbledon final last year?

I don't even need to spend time on you. You expose yourself:)

Now I have to work tomorrow morning and can't sit around all night with photoshop and 40oz of old english to knock back in my Texas hovel.

G'day lads. Remember to change the sheets after your wet dreams about Federer!

VivalaVida
Oh?

ROFL! Pwned.

yung goon
Thank you. I am glad to represent. So, you have your wheel barrow ready? I have a video especially for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25BlzbPU0FQ

do something else with your time please

VivalaVida
08-08-2009, 11:00 PM

Now I have to work tomorrow morning and can't sit around all night with photoshop and 40oz of old english to knock back in my Texas hovel.

Yup, thanks for letting us know. Clearly, this is an area of your expertise.

rommil
08-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Well if you're a Nadal fan then why are you so fascinated with his *** and his underwear?:lol:

Isn't that a requirement to join the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of the Travelling Itchy Clamdigger Pants?

CountryHillbilly
08-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Oh?

You just pwned yourself by wasting so much time.

rommil
08-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Oh ok I can understand if you don't like Salt n Pepa so I got something else for you. I promise you will like this. It's a bit more inspiring I say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnw_SPfMxM

JeMar
08-08-2009, 11:05 PM

Don't work on weekends; I used Paint, but you've got to be pretty dense if you think you need Photoshop for something as rudimentary as that; don't drink; and I quite like the home I own at 24 years of age.

Thanks for trying, though.

Goodnight.

JeMar
08-08-2009, 11:07 PM

So do you guys use computer for anything other than posting?

It literally takes like 30 seconds to make, and another 30 seconds to upload.

goyeji
08-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Isn't that a requirement to join the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of the Travelling Itchy Clamdigger Pants?

Yes, you need that to be cool with the Fedtroll hyena pack (which you already are), but what's that to do with Nadal fans?:lol:

フェデラー
08-08-2009, 11:12 PM

you are the one who was bashing POOR PEOPLE. Calling for poor people to get off their asses and read a book. Seriously, leave the forum.

JeMar
08-08-2009, 11:14 PM
you are the one who was bashing POOR PEOPLE. Calling for poor people to get off their asses and read a book. Seriously, leave the forum.

No, dumbass. They have to go to college to learn how to read first. God.

rommil
08-08-2009, 11:18 PM

Or how about this? Just imagine Rafa sitting on the front and ....well here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAGYYmzQts

Commando Tennis Shorts
08-08-2009, 11:40 PM
No you dont.

If Nadal was in a wheelchair? I almost guarantee he's never played in a wheelchair. I think anyone here who's 4.5 or above could/would beat Nadal if Nadal was in a wheelchair.

Commando Tennis Shorts
08-08-2009, 11:46 PM
And just because this thread questions Nadal's health does not mean it's a "Nadal bashing thread", as Nadal questioned his own health. You might as well chastise Nadal for bashing himself then.

sureshs
08-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Wasn't Fed not a "100 %" for several months with "mono"?

Aabye
08-09-2009, 09:20 AM
So do you guys use computer for anything other than posting?

It literally takes like 30 seconds to make, and another 30 seconds to upload.

Not for these types of people.

Nadalfan89
08-09-2009, 09:31 AM
[/B]

No, dumbass. They have to go to college to learn how to read first. God.

I was obviously trolling and got banned for it. You purists are so easy to rattle...

フェデラー
08-09-2009, 09:35 AM
why does he ALWAYS have to be 100%? 90% Nadal can beat everyone on tour (except Fed :))

Aabye
08-09-2009, 09:38 AM
why does he ALWAYS have to be 100%? 90% Nadal can beat everyone on tour (except Fed :))

Right, because it only takes a 75% Nadal to beat Fed. ;) But seriously, as far as anyone is concerned playing should equal prepared. If they aren't 100% that isn't their opponent's fault.

Lifted
08-09-2009, 09:57 AM

That really only takes about a couple of minutes. Screenshot of the page, open screenshot in MS Paint, type comments next to threads, upload on internet, post on site.

weallwegot
08-09-2009, 10:04 AM
No one returns the same after injury, give it time.

Sartorius
08-09-2009, 10:10 AM
What's the big deal about this?.. It's the plain simple truth. It would be awfully weird if he said "I'll certainly be %100 for U.S. Open", no?..