PDA

View Full Version : Its So Expensive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austin357
08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
TENNIS IS SO BLANK EXPESIVE. i love it so much i play all the time but i cant afford to get lessons or play usta or alot of tournaments or get new strings or frames all the time . anyone got any tips?? (that isnt use poly strings cause they dont break)

TennisLover17
08-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Same problem. I guess some dreams do cost ya.

Lakers4Life
08-08-2009, 10:28 PM
It's cheaper than GOLF!

krprunitennis2
08-08-2009, 10:39 PM
How about searching things up on youtube? How to play tennis. Haha. I think that's more reasonable than lessons.

And usta tournaments aren't really all that. I think that it costs a LOT of money so I don't join often. But look around your area. See if they have any round robin "tournaments" hosted by the clubs, etc. In Burbank Tennis Center and the Arroyo Seco Racket Club, you can pay around 5 to 10 dollars to play some matches. Many good people show up too.

About the rackets and stringing, if you're a beginner, I don't think that you should be spending much on racket frames and stuff like that. Maybe a racket or two every two-three years?

Austin357
08-09-2009, 06:09 AM
im not a begginner im a hs player trying to get college scholarship

gb93433
08-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Many hours at a back board and one ball is very cheap.

krprunitennis2
08-09-2009, 10:52 AM
im not a begginner im a hs player trying to get college scholarship

oh. if so, maybe getting a job at a local tennis store would be helpful. my friends get a lot of discounts for stringing and everything else so they save money. and if you're good enough maybe you wouldn't need as much lessons? lol i'm not there yet so i don't know about getting scholarships. but the job at a tennis store might be a good idea if there is one nearby.

game set match 46 TIMES!!
08-09-2009, 11:03 AM
It's cheaper than GOLF!

And its better ;)!

Austin357
08-09-2009, 11:11 AM
oh. if so, maybe getting a job at a local tennis store would be helpful. my friends get a lot of discounts for stringing and everything else so they save money. and if you're good enough maybe you wouldn't need as much lessons? lol i'm not there yet so i don't know about getting scholarships. but the job at a tennis store might be a good idea if there is one nearby.

well problem with that is we have no tennis store around and we dont have a backboard at our courts:neutral:

TennisNinja
08-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Yep that's why tennis is known as a rich persons sport. It costs a TON o money.

krprunitennis2
08-09-2009, 11:25 AM
well problem with that is we have no tennis store around and we dont have a backboard at our courts:neutral:

look up a hitting partner in the area? try asking around here in the forums. or if there are any round robin tournaments, those seem to be more efficient in getting experience.

And if you're really desperate and like tennis that much, (you probably already thought of this) you should get a job. I'd want one, but I still don't have a work permit. :[