PDA

View Full Version : Fave strings in your Fischer M Speed Pro #1?

Keifers
08-09-2009, 05:39 AM
I put Gamma Prodigy 16 @ 58 in mine because I liked the way Prodigy 16 played in the demo I tried. I'd like to move on to other strings that will further enhance that unique and delicious "Fischer feel."

Mine is a 105, but I'd be interested in what you put in your 98s as well.

Please tell us the strings, gauges and tensions you liked the best.

Thanks!

NicoMK
08-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Any Tecnifibre multifilaments (NRG, X-One, TGV...) or Wilson Sensation, or Head Fibergel... are good on the Fischer racquets. And I've always thought that the Fischer racquets play better with rather low tensions.

Cheers !

schenkelini
08-09-2009, 06:21 AM
I just received a 105 in a trade. I hit with it yesterday for the first time. It has some sort of synthetic gut at 54lbs. It took some getting used to. My ususal stick is a Ki15 PSE with a Black Magic/OG Micro at 56/58. It seems to me that the Fischer is a good candidate for a full gut string job at maybe even lower tension than 54. What kind of experiences do you guys have with Gut in at 105?

stoble
08-09-2009, 09:04 AM
I switched to the Pro1 98 SL about 5 months ago and tried full synthetic, full multi, full poly, and now full gut in it.

NicoMK I agree with you about Fischers at lower tensions. I noticed that I started with 54 lbs and have slowly gone down to 51 so far, although with gut I went back to 54.

Here are my thoughts on the strings I've tried. But please keep in mind that I'm a predominantly flat hitter and don't break strings very quickly. The gut is easily the best performing so far; great ball pocketing, great spin, lots of power, and nice touch around the net. A multifilament feels similar for the first 5 hours but then seems to lose it's life. Synthetic is SUPER crisp and plays pretty well in all areas. It seems to lose its bite after about 8 hours but is still playable. Poly was great for smashing groundstrokes and there was tons of spin and control, but I could not get used to hitting volleys with it. It just felt weird and difficult to get a good punch on the ball, it sort of felt like I had to swing at my volleys to get any punch.

Overall natural gut has been the best experience so far. I like regular synthetic gut over multi because when the multi goes soft it feels out of control in a flexy frame like this. Poly didn't seem to fit my game as I'm not a baseliner, although I may try a hybrid next time and also go down 2 more pounds with the poly.

Reference Strings:
Synthetic: Prince Original 17g, with Duraflex 17g
Poly: SPPP 17g
Multi: Technifibre Multifeel 17g
Natural Gut: Pacific Classic 17g

Keifers
08-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks, guys.

Anyone else?

Deck
08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I have tried every many combination's and a full multi like NRG definitely will give the racquet that unique soft feel that the Fischers are known for. I use the M Speed No.1 98 and a couple Mag Tours, both are the heavier SL version. Full gut will be similar but very expensive.

racquetjunkie
08-12-2009, 07:28 AM
for such a soft racquet (at least in the throat), I find a poly mains hybrid works really well with it. I used this frame for 2 years and tried tons of poly mains hybrid combinations. I settled on 54# on the mains and 57# on the crosses (any syn gut or even multifillament... I cannot tell them apart when strung in the crosses, honestly). My favorite for this frame was Pro Red code 17 followed by Lux TIMO 17L, paired with a syn gut.

if you like a crisp but flexible feel at the same time, give this combo a try. (oh and lots of spin)