PDA

View Full Version : US Open - Nadal: Winning 'almost impossible'

jergosh
08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Update on Nadal: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09082009/58/open-nadal-winning-impossible.html

GameSampras
08-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Update on Nadal: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09082009/58/open-nadal-winning-impossible.html

Gotta love the confidence..

Ahh well.. Another year goes by, another year Nadal doesnt reach a USO final. Its a shame cause I would have liked to see a Nadal-Fed USO final since we never got to see one and see how they would have matched up..

But obviously this is probably going to be a reoccuring theme with Nadal the rest of his career. More leg problems, and pulling out of more and more tournaments and not finishing seasons healthy

maximo
08-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Imagine if Nadal beats Federer at the USO with his knees. It would be the funniest day EVER!

Then Fed fans can start making excuses on how Federer shouldn't be stripped of his French and Wimledon trophies. :D

GameSampras
08-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Yea but nadal will probably get elminiated by the 4th round if that. Only way for Nadal to even see a deep USO run, he would have to be in top top form and 100 percent healthy just due to the fact he isnt as good there due to his game being neutralized. HE cant play on rubber legs or no knee caps and see success

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:12 PM
All those interviews by Nadal are rather irritating. It looks to me he's trying to make the US Open a win-win situation for him:

1) If he wins, he is the biggest fighter in the game, winning a grand slam title without even being 100% recovered.

2) If he losses, it won't count as a legitimate loss because he was not fully recovered.

It seems Nadal and his uncle still haven't understood one simple idea - if you go into court, you are fit. End of story, no excuses. I hope Nadal hasn't bought into his fans ideas of him not being able to lose when fully healthy.

GameSampras
08-09-2009, 01:14 PM
All those interviews by Nadal are rather irritating. It looks to me he's trying to make the US Open a win-win situation for him:

1) If he wins, he is the biggest fighter in the game, winning a grand slam title without even being 100% recovered.

2) If he losses, it won't count as a legitimate loss because he was not fully recovered.

It seems Nadal and his uncle still haven't understood one simple idea - if you go into court, you are fit. End of story, no excuses. I hope Nadal hasn't bought into his fans ideas of him not being able to lose when fully healthy.

Well in his defense, tennis is a tough sport to play on not having any knees or legs to stand on.. And if anyone needs full support of his legs its nadal due to his style of play.

maximo
08-09-2009, 01:15 PM
^^ HAHAHA!!

I see you enjoyed reading my sig, Mr. Agony. :lol:

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Well in his defense, tennis is a tough sport to play on not having any knees or legs to stand on.. And if anyone needs full support of his legs its nadal due to his style of play.

But it pains me that he feels the need to give excuses before the even has even started. He bought into his fans hype, probably had a chat with Nadal's Freak and veroniquem.

Instead of all this talking he needs to practice, try hard and hope for the best. If he losses, it's a perfectly legitimate loss, because it was his decision to play. If he wins, good for him. But stop "preparing" the public for excuses. I hate those stunts.

FedFan_2009
08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Maximo is trolling again. Yeah it's really plausible that with bad knees Nadal will not only make the US Open final, but beat a healthy Federer! He'll be lucky to get to R16.

maximo
08-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Maximo is trolling again. Yeah it's really plausible that with bad knees Nadal will not only make the US Open final, but beat a healthy Federer! He'll be lucky to get to R16.

You accuse me of trolling!?!? :lol:

You're the biggest ******* on these boards. Creating endless amounts of fanboy threads and posts.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:23 PM
^^ HAHAHA!!

I see you enjoyed reading my sig, Mr. Agony. :lol:

Your sig isn't based on anything real, so you making it up is rather pathetic. Of course, I can make stuff up myself.

Lionheart392
08-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Imagine if Nadal beats Federer at the USO with his knees. It would be the funniest day EVER!

Then Fed fans can start making excuses on how Federer shouldn't be stripped of his French and Wimledon trophies. :D

Not as funny as Murray getting spanked in the final again. :)

maximo
08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Your sig isn't based on anything real, so you making it up is rather pathetic. Of course, I can make stuff up myself.

My sig is based on you exaggerating Rog's fitness level. Don't deny that inside you know my sig has some truth to it.

BTW, what you said about me in yours just cracked me up. :lol:

kimbahpnam
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM

how arrogant

GameSampras
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
But it pains me that he feels the need to give excuses before the even has even started. He bought into his fans hype, probably had a chat with Nadal's Freak and veroniquem.

Instead of all this talking he needs to practice, try hard and hope for the best. If he losses, it's a perfectly legitimate loss, because it was his decision to play. If he wins, good for him. But stop "preparing" the public for excuses. I hate those stunts.

Well I do agree. He should just keep his mouth shut and hope for the best instead of making pre-emptive excuses.. He has had some time off now.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:29 PM
My sig is based on you exaggerating Rog's fitness level. Don't deny that inside you know my sig has some truth to it.

Never wrote anything that has to do with Lance, and I was only commenting on tennis players, therefore, your sig has no truth in it, none. The only one you insult with it is yourself. People already know what a troll you are, and you making up sigs about other people only confirms their thoughts.

P_Agony
Well I do agree. He should just keep his mouth shut and hope for the best instead of making pre-emptive excuses.. He has had some time off now.

Finally we agree on something :)

maximo

It's hard to keep anything shut when you're in the public eye.

Lionheart392
08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Actually if you read the article I think he's saying Montreal is almost impossible to win, not the US Open.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Actually if you read the article I think he's saying Montreal is almost impossible to win, not the US Open.

Nadal is not an idiot. He's coming to almost every tourny with the full intention of winning it. If he wasn't fit or didn't believe in his chances, he wouldn't have played, simple as that.

Lionheart392
08-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Nadal is not an idiot. He's coming to almost every tourny with the full intention of winning it. If he wasn't fit or didn't believe in his chances, he wouldn't have played, simple as that.

Yeah I'm not disputing that, just pointing out that technically I think the title of the article is misleading.

maximo
08-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Never wrote anything that has to do with Lance, and I was only commenting on tennis players, therefore, your sig has no truth in it, none. The only one you insult with it is yourself. People already know what a troll you are, and you making up sigs about other people only confirms their thoughts.

The sig was made from you exaggerating Federer's fitness level. No need for me to repeat myself. I know it hurts you badly, but you're going to have to deal with it. And calling me troll doesn't help you either. Since anyone other than a Fed fan knows how delusional you are when it comes to your Rog.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:37 PM
The sig was made from you exaggerating Federer's fitness level. No need for me to repeat myself. I know it hurts you badly, but you're going to have to deal with it. And calling me troll doesn't help you either. Since anyone other than a Fed fan knows how delusional you are when it comes to your Rog.

The sig was made up, that's all. In fact, all Murray fans in that thread disagreed with you about Fed's fitness. Yet even if you disagree with me and even if you think I'm exaggerating, that's no reason to make up stuff.

maximo
08-09-2009, 01:40 PM
The sig was made up, that's all. In fact, all Murray fans in that thread disagreed with you about Fed's fitness. Yet even if you disagree with me and even if you think I'm exaggerating, that's no reason to make up stuff.

No they never agreed with you on the fitness of Federer being better than Nadal's and Murray's. Here is a perfect example of you doing what you said i'm doing to you. :-?

Also, i find it very frustrating when you say that you're a Murray fan when you quite clearly arn't. :-?

BallzofSkill
08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
what happened to 'if i'm not 100%, i don't play'?

maximo
08-09-2009, 01:44 PM

Well, i suppose Nadal can't miss every slam and ruin his career.

Lionheart392
08-09-2009, 01:45 PM
No they never agreed with you on the fitness of Federer being better than Nadal's and Murray's. Here is a perfect example of you doing what you said i'm doing to you. :-?

Also, i find it very frustrating when you say that you're a Murray fan when you quite clearly arn't. :-?

You can be a fan of someone without worshipping them 24/7....

Sartorius
08-09-2009, 01:46 PM

Ditto.

Agreed.

10char.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:46 PM

He's got a point. Federer is quite fit. He doesn;'t look like it, but he is.

Have you ever seen a match where Federer was dead tired and couldn't run anymore? He outlasted Roddick at Wimby. In the last few games Roddick was framing the ball all over the place and Fed looked just fine.

Who said he couldn't? For the record, I'm also not saying that Murray is fitter than Roger.

You have failed again Maximo.

And also, not everyone who likes Murray has to like you. I like Murray, he's one of my favorite, but I'm also a realistic fan who can critisize when I feel it is needed.

zagor
08-09-2009, 01:48 PM
He said Montreal is impossible to win,not USO.I hate it when they misquote.

maximo
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
You have failed again Maximo.

And also, not everyone who likes Murray has to like you. I like Murray, he's one of my favorite, but I'm also a realistic fan who can critisize when I feel it is needed.

They didn't say that he was fitter than both Murray and Nadal. Try harder, If you can that is...

You exaggerate on Fed's abilities. And put down Murray whenever it makes Federer look like the better man. You seriously arn't a fan of Murray. I really don't want to get into these pathetic arguments with a delusional guy.

Tiberius
08-09-2009, 01:56 PM
For heavens sake maximo why do you have to turn every thread into a flame war?!?

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:56 PM
They didn't say that he was fitter than both Murray and Nadal. Try harder, If you can that is...

They also didn't say he was less fit, so they don't agree with you also, at least until I see further proof.

If you think I'm just saying that because I "worship" Fed, why don't you make a poll? I bet at least 60% will vote for Federer as having superior fitness to Murray, perhaps even Nadal.

Lance has nothing to do with this. I only compared tennis players, therefore your sig is not only made up and pathetic, it is also irrelevant.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 01:57 PM
He said Montreal is impossible to win,not USO.I hate it when they misquote.

Doesn't matter, it's still a dirty stunt.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
You exaggerate on Fed's abilities. And put down Murray whenever it makes Federer look like the better man. You seriously arn't a fan of Murray. I really don't want to get into these pathetic arguments with a delusional guy.

No, I'm being honest. Both Fed and Murray have their strngths and weaknesses. I have stated many times that Murray has the far better backhand of the two, and is a better tactican as of late.

Murray is no god, and yes, Federer does some stuff better than Murray and vice versa. Snap out of your worship mode and start thinking like a normal human being.

maximo
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
They also didn't say he was less fit, so they don't agree with you also, at least until I see further proof.

If you think I'm just saying that because I "worship" Fed, why don't you make a poll? I bet at least 60% will vote for Federer as having superior fitness to Murray, perhaps even Nadal.

Lance has nothing to do with this. I only compared tennis players, therefore your sig is not only made up and pathetic, it is also irrelevant.

That would a great idea creating a poll since 80% of the fans here are of Federer. :roll:

I'm tired, i give up. You win the battle.

FedFan_2009
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Bottom line - when Fed's forehand is on he can dominate Murray.

Cesc Fabregas
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Doesn't matter, it's still a dirty stunt.

How is it dirty? Nadal doesn't have a big ego so he likes playing down his chances, we saw the strop Federer got in when he wasn't favourite in Australia because he has a massive ego.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
How is it dirty? Nadal doesn't have a big ego so he likes playing down his chances, we saw the strop Federer got in when he wasn't favourite in Australia because he has a massive ego.

Read my first post of the thread, I'm not going to repeat myself.

fedtastic
08-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Nadal is being honest when he says he doesn't have much of a chance to win US Open. He knows himself best.

I also don't give him a chance of winning US Open. Nadal will be out before the final. A semi would be a great result for him.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 02:06 PM
That would a great idea creating a poll since 80% of the fans here are of Federer. :roll:

I'm tired, i give up. You win the battle.

It's a shame that after the Wimbly semi when everyone were down on you for all the "Murray will win Wimledon" threads and posts I was the one to defend you and asked people to be nice, because from where I come from it's not appropriate to be happy for other people's loss.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Nadal is being honest when he says he doesn't have much of a chance to win US Open. He knows himself best.

I also don't give him a chance of winning US Open. Nadal will be out before the final. A semi would be a great result for him.

Nah, he's pulling another stunt to buy him some more excuses, as if "tired" and "injured" weren't enough for the clay season.

fedtastic
08-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Nah, he's pulling another stunt to buy him some more excuses, as if "tired" and "injured" weren't enough for the clay season.

I don't think its a stunt. I believe he really loves playing tennis and doesn't like losing like every champion but I don't think its a stunt. He is just being realistic.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't think its a stunt. I believe he really loves playing tennis and doesn't like losing like every champion but I don't think its a stunt. He is just being realistic.

I have to disagree. Nadal, with the help of his uncle, has turned into an excuse machine as of late. He was tired when he lost to Fed, he was injured when he lost to Robin, and now he is just giving excuses in advance just in case he losses again to no matter who.

fedtastic
08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I have to disagree. Nadal, with the help of his uncle, has turned into an excuse machine as of late. He was tired when he lost to Fed, he was injured when he lost to Robin, and now he is just giving excuses in advance just in case he losses again to no matter who.

Don't confuse Nadal with some of his fans on this board. They always have excuses, sometimes its the altitude or the real final having already been played the day before.

Nadal doesn't make excuses. He is just saying he is not totally fit and if he loses it shoudn't be a surprise.

JeMar
08-09-2009, 02:35 PM
All this sandbagging is totally pathetic. I used to think that a former number one would talk about himself so badly in the press, but this just takes it to a new level.

If he wins, it'll be because he's the greatest warrior in the history of the universe. After all, he accomplished the impossible given his situation.

If he loses to Federer, Djokovic, Murray, or anyone else, his defeat will be forever have an asterisk by it because, well, Rafa was trying to achieve the impossible.

This is like those annoying tennis kids and parents that have their kids play up an age group all the damn time because they can't handle the pressure of expectations.

Pathetic.

Cesc Fabregas
08-09-2009, 02:38 PM
All this sandbagging is totally pathetic. I used to think that a former number one would talk about himself so badly in the press, but this just takes it to a new level.

If he wins, it'll be because he's the greatest warrior in the history of the universe. After all, he accomplished the impossible given his situation.

If he loses to Federer, Djokovic, Murray, or anyone else, his defeat will be forever have an asterisk by it because, well, Rafa was trying to achieve the impossible.

This is like those annoying tennis kids and parents that have their kids play up an age group all the damn time because they can't handle the pressure if expectations.

Pathetic.

You should be ashamed of this post. He is coming back off a serious knee injury and is rightfully playing down his chances but obviously you're a very very insecure Federer fan.

fedtastic
08-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Let's give Nadal some time and see how he does in the upcoming tournaments. By the time of the US Open he might be getting to his best but even at his best I think he will lose in the semis.

If Nadal loses to any of the top 4, its not because he wasn't 100% but because they were better on the day. If he isn't fit enough to play, he shouldn't step on to the court.

JeMar
08-09-2009, 02:43 PM
You should be ashamed of this post. He is coming back off a serious knee injury and is rightfully playing down his chances but obviously you're a very very insecure Federer fan.

If he's really in that bad of a shape, he should take more time off to rehab it. It's not fair to the rest of the tour to mark future victories like he's doing.

He didn't get hit by a car, he didn't tear his ACL, he didn't get stabbed, yet he's making a colossal deal out of a CHRONIC condition that he's been struggling with FOR YEARS.

Seles came back from much worse and wasn't a crybaby, even though she had every right to qualify the rest of her matches for the rest of her career.

Me? Insecure? Look at all the *******s that are just chomping at the bit at any little excuse they can find to excuse Nadal if he struggles when he comes back.

Lifted
08-09-2009, 02:48 PM
If he's really in that bad of a shape, he should take more time off to rehab it. It's not fair to the rest of the tour to mark future victories like he's doing.

He didn't get hit by a car, he didn't tear his ACL, he didn't get stabbed, yet he's making a bigger deal out of a CHRONIC injury that he's been struggling with FOR YEARS.

Seles came back from much worse and wasn't as much of a crybaby, even though she had every right to qualify the rest of her matches for the rest of her career.

Me? Insecure? Look at all the *******s that are just chomping at the bit at any little excuse they can find to excuse Nadal if he struggles when he comes back.

I fully agree with you and P_Agony on this one. If he feels it is going to be nearly impossible to win Montreal, then he should take a bit more time off, or wait and play a smaller tournament.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 02:51 PM

This is like those annoying tennis kids and parents that have their kids play up an age group all the damn time because they can't handle the pressure if expectations.

Pathetic.

Couldn't agree with you more JeMar. Good post.

mental midget
08-09-2009, 03:37 PM

pat rafter used to say that all the time.

and mean it.

P_Agony
08-09-2009, 03:52 PM

This thread has nothing to do with Federer. Stop trying to defend Nadal using Federer or Federer fans. Even your buddy GameSampras, who is FAR from a Federer fan, agreed with me on this one.

JennyS
08-09-2009, 04:05 PM

I never realized that losing a match is grounds for stripping him of previous titles he won.

JennyS
08-09-2009, 04:08 PM

That's exactly how I feel about this year's Australian Open. Nadal plays a tough 5 setter in his semis and he makes statements that he won't be at his best in the final and Roger will probably win. So when Roger lost, it was a combination of Nadal heroically recovering from a grueling match (he had a day off, no?) and Federer not being able to beat a "wounded" Nadal.

No wonder Roger cried.

JennyS
08-09-2009, 04:11 PM

He almost reminds me of Justine after her 2003 US Open semifinal win. Remember how she was "questionable" for the final and being hooked onto an IV machine? I thought that was in part to psyche Kim Clijsters out. And I think it worked.

JennyS
08-09-2009, 04:17 PM

This is like those annoying tennis kids and parents that have their kids play up an age group all the damn time because they can't handle the pressure of expectations.

Pathetic.

That's exactly what he did to Federer before the Australian Open final. He plays a 5 set semi and then says crap like Roger's the favorite and it's going to be hard to win because he's tired. Then when he won he was the biggest warrior ever and Roger was pathetic because he couldn't beat a "wounded" Nadal.

And besides, if he has no chance to win Montreal why is he playing? Isn't that the reason why he didn't play Wimbledon?

Rafa, stop acting like Justine!

ShooterMcMarco
08-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I can imagine that! You know what would also be funny?! Murray losing to Federer's daughter in mixed singles at Wimbledon!

Emelia21
08-09-2009, 04:24 PM

He is learning from the best alas Roger Federer :cry:

The-Champ
08-09-2009, 06:51 PM
The only reason he is playing in Canada is to show everyone that he is not suspended, like many people here suspect he is because of illegal drugs. He will lose in the first round in Canada, Cincy in the 2nd round and will be ready for the USO final :)

Serendipitous
08-09-2009, 06:54 PM
The only reason he is playing in Canada is to show everyone that he is not suspended, like many people here suspect he is because of illegal drugs. He will lose in the first round in Canada, Cincy in the 2nd round and will be ready for the USO final :)

Yay! :):):)

bruce38
08-09-2009, 07:20 PM

Nadal was the one who said he would not enter a Major if he is not 100% (before Wimb). Now he will contradict himself. Ho hum, what else is new?

Andy G
08-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I actually think at this rate, Nadal will retire at the end of 2011, age 25, winning zero more slams.

Nadalfan89
08-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I actually think at this rate, Nadal will retire at the end of 2011, age 25, winning zero more slams.

He would still have 6 more than Murray.

Andy G
08-09-2009, 07:50 PM

By year end 2011? I'm confident Murray will have 2-3 slams won

Tiberius
08-09-2009, 07:53 PM

He didn't get hit by a car, he didn't tear his ACL, he didn't get stabbed, yet he's making a colossal deal out of a CHRONIC condition that he's been struggling with FOR YEARS.

Seles came back from much worse and wasn't a crybaby, even though she had every right to qualify the rest of her matches for the rest of her career.

That's a really good post!

JennyS
08-09-2009, 08:00 PM

:D True dat!

egn
08-09-2009, 08:21 PM
You accuse me of trolling!?!? :lol:

You're the biggest ******* on these boards. Creating endless amounts of fanboy threads and posts.

god i just agreed with maximo O_o on two notes.

1. the trolling
2. i will be laughing so hard if nadal with his busted knees beats fed not in any normal final IN A FIVE SET FINAL.

NamRanger
08-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Thomas Muster got hit by a car and didn't even whine as much, holy crap.

goyeji
08-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Nadal was the undisputed top player in the world when he got injured playing in Madrid semis (grueling match against the second-best clay-courter in the world). Of course, the attention of the tennis world is on Nadal. Of course the press are pestering him endlessly with requests for interviews. He is being a gentleman entertaining these requests and answering all questions as truthfully and completely as possible. People who do not understand this should be ashamed of themselves.

Sentinel
08-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I admired him for saying that then, but now it seems it was said to discredit Federer since Federer did play through illness and a back injury something Nadfans wont accept even though they accept Nadal's injuries and lack of fitness.

Precisely, that's already happened. If he doesn't win he wasn't healthy ... blah blah. The playing field is level for all -- the rules are the same for Roger and Rafa.

Anyway, I don;t mean to hit on Nadal when he's down -- he's a great player -- we need him, I'd like to see him fit again asap. It's his fans that get into one's wedgie all the time ;-)

Blinkism
08-09-2009, 08:45 PM

The drummer from Def Leppard played drums with only 1 arm!

Stevie Wonder can play the piano, and he's blind!

Basically, Nadal is the biggest p***y in the world (which is why his 13-7 H2H Federer is so fantastic)

:)

JeMar
08-09-2009, 08:46 PM

Yep, he just sucked it up and trained using a modified wheel chair. His efforts were paid off later with a RG title and countless victories on clay. Nadal could stand to learn a lesson from this man.

Sentinel
08-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Poor chap, he has to plan his schedule to cater to drakulie's posts. No wonder his knees are taking a knocking !!!:twisted:

namelessone
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow,talk about getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.

Go ahead and shoot Nadal.What was so wrong with his statements? I cannot win Montreal,it's almost impossible.Because guess what,it is!!! He is coming off a 2 months rest period over injury and hasn't played a proffesional match in all that time,just some light practice and recovery.And he is coming back on HC so his chances were low even if he was fully fit.

People here bang on with the excuses.I've never heard Nadal say "oh I lost Madrid and RG because of knees".At the Madrid press conference,in front of all the spanish reporters,he said that Fed played better when all were waiting for an excuse.In RG press conference reporters were ganging him just to see if he would come up with an excuse,they were saying things about the wind(which murray complained about),the faster conditions this year and so on but Nadal didn't use those things as excuses.
Nadal merely stated a few things and they were took out of context by haters.If Nadal says that he wished that the crowd was more on his side,does that make him a bad person? It's not like he said that he could have won with the crowd on his side.

If a reporter asks Nadal when did the pain come back and Nadal says since Monte Carlo onwards,why do some of think that's an excuse? It's merely the cold,hard facts.Nadal also said that he didn't think it a big deal because even though he was in pain he won MC,Barca and Rome but went to see a doctor after Madrid and he and his team thought that they could win RG with pain also.This was a mistake because RG is a GS,a slam,which is much tougher to win than a masters title.Then they realised their mistake and pulled out of WB.This "excuse" thing is getting old because it's the same thing some were pulling with federer,analyzing his every word.

Montreal is nothing but a glorified exo for Nadal,the one chance to test his knees after 2 months in a competitive match.Nadal is a proffesional athlete,he cannot stay away for half a year from tennis.The 100% percent quote was rushed because he will never be 100% again,not unless he takes A LOT of time off.What I think Nadal meant is that if he feels fit ENOUGH he will compete,regardless of tournament.And please stop with the "it's the same tendinitis he has had for 4 years" argument.It is true that he has had tendinits for 4 years.However,he had it at first just in one knee and only taped that on HC.Time passed and he got it in the second knee,and obviously two bum knees are worse than one.Then he taped them on HC AND grass.His burnout and tendinitis usually took Rafa out in the autumn season.As the years passed his tendinitis has been sidelining him more and more and earlier in the season so there is a pattern in which his chronic condition is affecting him more than in the past.So while it is the same condition it's got worse for Nadal because it's causing his knees to break apart faster than in the past.

And LOL at the creating low expectations thing.Nadal doesn't have to create low expectations through statements because Nadal himself,his team,Toni,his fans have low expectations after the whoe knee injury thing.I mean,it's not like everyone expects Nadal to butcher the ATP after his return on court.The guy is trying to take it slow and is being tarnished for it.Quite sad really.

DarthMaul
08-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Nadal was the undisputed top player in the world when he got injured playing in Madrid semis (grueling match against the second-best clay-courter in the world).

Congrats to him for winning the FO!

mandy01
08-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I.Dont.Buy.It. As I said its a pre-emptive excuse and again an attempt to put himself in the position of an underdog which he enjoys the most..He said something along similar lines before the AO and then went on to win it :roll:
If he wins-He's a hero.El matador.
If he loses-Poor knees.
win-win situation for him.

jamesblakefan#1
08-09-2009, 10:49 PM
This report doesn't sound too promising.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3785062&postcount=50

Nadalfan89
08-09-2009, 10:54 PM
He'll be fine. I know the resident doctors on TTW are experts in their field but don't worry about it.

maximo
08-10-2009, 01:31 AM
1. the trolling
2. i will be laughing so hard if nadal with his busted knees beats fed not in any normal final IN A FIVE SET FINAL.

It's good to see someone else agree with me. ;)

sh@de
08-10-2009, 04:00 AM
I think Nadal's trying to put the pressure off his shoulders, but to be honest, what's wrong with that? Seems very logical given that he is coming back after such a long period without competitive match play.

Andres
08-10-2009, 04:51 AM
And besides, if he has no chance to win Montreal why is he playing? Isn't that the reason why he didn't play Wimbledon?I believe he cannot afford the chance of skipping the tourney and losing 1000 points, and be seeded #3 or #4 at the USO.
I don't see him winning, but a QF or even a SF is not that out of the question, and may be good enough to keep his ranking, at least, till the USO.

drakulie
08-10-2009, 05:04 AM
this just in>>>>> Nadal isn't sure if he will be 100% next year.

mzzmuaa
08-10-2009, 05:08 AM
considering how full of **** nadal has been in the past
when he says that winning is impossible, it means that he's basically got the title.

Tiberius
08-10-2009, 05:13 AM
I think Nadal's trying to put the pressure off his shoulders, but to be honest, what's wrong with that? Seems very logical given that he is coming back after such a long period without competitive match play.

Yeah but he seems to be going overboard here...It may backfire...but thats thing, even if it backfires hes got an excuse now. If it doesn't, hes the greatest warrior in tennis...So its a win win situation.

FlamEnemY
08-10-2009, 05:21 AM

The funniest day ever would be if Karlovic wins USO without being broken throughout the tournament. That would make the rest of the year so much more fun :)

sh@de
08-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Yeah but he seems to be going overboard here...It may backfire...but thats thing, even if it backfires hes got an excuse now. If it doesn't, hes the greatest warrior in tennis...So its a win win situation.

Ok I suppose maybe he's gone overboard a bit...

What should he say though?

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Nadal was the undisputed top player in the world when he got injured playing in Madrid semis (grueling match against the second-best clay-courter in the world). Of course, the attention of the tennis world is on Nadal. Of course the press are pestering him endlessly with requests for interviews. He is being a gentleman entertaining these requests and answering all questions as truthfully and completely as possible. People who do not understand this should be ashamed of themselves.

Hey man! :)

How are you today?

vive le beau jeu !
08-10-2009, 06:43 AM

Pathetic.
great post.

pmerk34
08-10-2009, 06:45 AM

This board always makes excuses for their favorite players. I'm sure plenty of people will drink this kool-aid.

If you play it counts. Period.

Terr
08-10-2009, 07:29 AM
if you go into court, you are fit. End of story, no excuses. I hope Nadal hasn't bought into his fans ideas of him not being able to lose when fully healthy.

I think it's pretty rare for a player to go a whole season being 100% physically fit. But I think Nadal's just had a worse physical history than most other players.

What fans need to wrap their minds around is the fact that whether their favourite player is 100% or not, it still counts as loss/victory because it HAPPENED. Perhaps not under the circumstances they wanted, but that's just the way it is. Players can make up excuses for themselves, without the need of fans glorifying their favourite players' victories and dismissing their losses.

tintin
08-10-2009, 07:30 AM
i sure he doesn't win the open

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 07:34 AM
RE: Nadal: winning - almost impossible

Yeah . . . . whatever. :rolleyes:

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 07:35 AM
RE: Nadal: winning - almost impossible

Yeah . . . . whatever. :rolleyes:

TheFifthSet :arrow::)

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 07:45 AM
TheFifthSet :arrow::)

suotipidnereS yb detautafin si Teshtfifeht.

bob costas is a very, very good sportscaster and journalist. he roasted those jerks mcgwire and sammy syringe. 150 pounds dripping wet, and he did it all naturally!

T. H. Park
08-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Gotta love the confidence..

Ahh well.. Another year goes by, another year Nadal doesnt reach a USO final. Its a shame cause I would have liked to see a Nadal-Fed USO final since we never got to see one and see how they would have matched up..

But obviously this is probably going to be a reoccuring theme with Nadal the rest of his career. More leg problems, and pulling out of more and more tournaments and not finishing seasons healthy

It has probably little to do with confidence. It's a way of making an escape exit in case he does not do well. If he wins he'll be like, I was OK after all. If he loses he'll be, yeah, I am not "100%." (BTW when was he ever 100% recently?) If he is not ready to play, he should stay at home. It's probably more in his head, after losing RG early on. On the other hand, he may be using it as a tactic to give others a false sense of confidence.

Either way, I think it's pretty bad and negative form.

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 07:59 AM
it seems as if serendipitous has decided to end our lively dialogue.

:(:(:(:(

pmerk34
08-10-2009, 08:01 AM
this just in>>>>> Nadal isn't sure if he will be 100% next year.

So that means is Roddick beats him it doesn't count. he's not 100%.

Just like when Connors made Rosewall look like an idiot in the '74 finals it didn't count- Ken was old.

sureshs
08-10-2009, 08:03 AM

We might get a preview of that at Montreal.

pmerk34
08-10-2009, 08:04 AM
We might get a preview of that at Montreal.

If he wins he wins. No extra points because of his knees.

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:06 AM
it seems as if serendipitous has decided to end our lively dialogue.

:(:(:(

I'm sorry......:(

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry......:(

it's o.k/okay/okej/ok/okee-dokee. go have a klondike bar. :(

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:08 AM
go have a klondike bar. :(

Thank you. I like ice cream. :cry::cry:

Lionheart392
08-10-2009, 08:09 AM

What are your feelings on being called 'Dippy' for short? :)

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 08:10 AM

boiling coffee is my norm on hot summer days. in the winter i eat klondike bars.

a bit counterintuitive i know. that's the way i roll.

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:11 AM

Sure, whatever you want. :)

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:12 AM
boiling coffee is my norm on hot summer days. in the winter i eat klondike bars.

a bit counterintuitive i know. that's the way i roll.

Interesting.......

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 08:12 AM

His nickname is 'Ren.™

That's what we will all be calling him from now on. Bwahahhahahahaha

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:13 AM
His nickname is 'Ren.™

Sounds good. :)

Lionheart392
08-10-2009, 08:15 AM
His nickname is 'Ren.™

But I like Dippy :cry:

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:15 AM

Me too.....:cry::cry::cry:

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 08:17 AM

I think that many Wilt Chamberlain fans on here make take seeeeerious offense.

At the very least, you would be cutting it close . . . . :(

Lionheart392
08-10-2009, 08:18 AM

Who is Wilt Chamerlain? :confused:

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Who is Wilt Chamerlain?

exactly.

you just offended a legion of fans. :twisted::oops::twisted:

http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/news/bct/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/00wilt.jpg

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:21 AM

Dippy :cry::cry::cry:

Lionheart392
08-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Well he looks like a great man. BUT I think Serendipitous is a special enough person to share the name 'Dippy' without offending fans. :)

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Well he looks like a great man. BUT I think Serendipitous is a special enough person to share the name 'Dippy' without offending fans. :)

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 08:23 AM

your avator makes me want to heal a wounded kitty.

btw, do you post exactly four emotic's so that the responding poster cannot post even one? why, that's very fiendish. [INSERT HURTFUL IMAGE]

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:23 AM

That's wonderful! :D

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:24 AM

You should get an avatar.

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 08:28 AM
You should get an avatar.

if i do, i'll have to find the right one. i can't just change my avatar every two weeks. that's antithetical to my philosophy of life. 8-)

Devilito
08-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Tennis isn’t boxing or some other sport where you can “tough it out” for 30 min with some injury and ride on adrenaline. When you potentially have to play 3-4 hour matches 7 times in 14 days, tendonitis in the knees is pretty much a death sentence. But I’m sure you’re all qualified to judge him based on your experiences playing such a schedule with such an injury
:rolleyes:

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 08:52 AM
if i do, i'll have to find the right one. i can't just change my avatar every two weeks. that's antithetical to my philosophy of life. 8-)

Nice avatar! 8)

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Nice avatar! 8)

thxxxxxx!! :)

my cat is more intelligent than yours. ;)

P_Agony
08-10-2009, 01:17 PM

To me it looks like more mind games to put the pressure on his opponents and giving pre excuses "just in case".

Again, if you don't feel 100%, don't play. Otherwise, just go on court with no excuses. If you lose, you lost because your opponent was better that day, and if you won, congrats. That's the end of it.

Somehow I feel uncle Tony is all behind it. He is the mind games expert.

P_Agony
08-10-2009, 02:24 PM
I would just like to ask all Nadal fans something.

If Nadal is not yet recorvered and is making all those pre-excuses, why is he also playing doubles? Has he not learned from past mistakes?

namelessone
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM

If Nadal is not yet recorvered and is making all those pre-excuses, why is he also playing doubles? Has he not learned from past mistakes?

No,it doesn't seem like he did.Nadal is very passionate about tennis.He cannot stay away for too long and he needs a lot of matches to get going.He's still a kid when it comes to scheduling.He likes to play,almost too much,and I think he chose doubles to improve his volleying skills and to get back on court.Montreal is an exo for Nadal,both in singles and in doubles.If he feels good he will go on.If pain comes back again in the first matches he will withdraw and probably only come back at the USOpen.

This is the great catch 22 of Nadal's career.In order for him to be at his best game-wise he need to play a lot,go get some rhythm back.But if he overplays his knees kick in so to speak and he has to stop playing tournaments.
He has to walk a very fine line between playing to get his form back and playing too much(and possibly ending in pain again).It's very tough as a young player to choose which way to go.Nadal knows he may not have many years in his career.What to do? If he doesn't play montreal&cincy he doesn't have play experience until USOpen.If he does play them he may enter(or not)USOpen in not very good physical condition because of the HC he played on in the previous 2 tournaments.Also,does he sacrifice the USOpen this year and try next year or go full throttle and give it all to win,even if he risks permanent damage to his knees? Many,many questions for Nadal.Hopefully he can answer them.

P_Agony
08-10-2009, 02:41 PM
No,it doesn't seem like he did.Nadal is very passionate about tennis.He cannot stay away for too long and he needs a lot of matches to get going.He's still a kid when it comes to scheduling.He likes to play,almost too much,and I think he chose doubles to improve his volleying skills and to get back on court.Montreal is an exo for Nadal,both in singles and in doubles.If he feels good he will go on.If pain comes back again in the first matches he will withdraw and probably only come back at the USOpen.

This is the great catch 22 of Nadal's career.In order for him to be at his best game-wise he need to play a lot,go get some rhythm back.But if he overplays his knees kick in so to speak and he has to stop playing tournaments.
He has to walk a very fine line between playing to get his form back and playing too much(and possibly ending in pain again).It's very tough as a young player to choose which way to go.Nadal knows he may not have many years in his career.What to do? If he doesn't play montreal&cincy he doesn't have play experience until USOpen.If he does play them he may enter(or not)USOpen in not very good physical condition because of the HC he played on in the previous 2 tournaments.Also,does he sacrifice the USOpen this year and try next year or go full throttle and give it all to win,even if he risks permanent damage to his knees? Many,many questions for Nadal.Hopefully he can answer them.

I'm sorry, but using pre-excuses for future "might be" losses, and then going to play doubles is pure hypocrisy. I think Tony is behind it, not Nadal, but it still p****s me off.

zagor
08-10-2009, 02:47 PM

Playing Montreal and Cincy in singles is fine,he needs some matches under his belt,he's bound to be rusty a bit given that he didn't play since FO but complaining about injury and not being 100% physically and then entering BOTH doubles and singles is a bit silly.

Aabye
08-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry, but using pre-excuses for future "might be" losses, and then going to play doubles is pure hypocrisy. I think Tony is behind it, not Nadal, but it still p****s me off.

The rule in tennis (as it should be in any professional sport) is "If you play, you're fit, and if you're fit you play." Thus, regardless of all this hullabaloo Nadal is fit.

What I don't get is what the big deal is. The kid says he thinks winning the USO will be extremely difficult, which it obviously will be since hard court is his least favorite surface. If he had said that it would be easy-peasy everyone would be up in arms about how arrogant he is.

Sentinel
08-10-2009, 06:57 PM

At least we are assured a lot of drama on this forum.
I notice the drama queens of this forum ( one or two) have begun coming back to life lately. ;-)

thxxxxxx!!

my cat is more intelligent than yours. ;)

My cat has more intelligence in her brain than yours has in her little paw. Whatever.

(I forget who to attribute this to.)

JennyS
08-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Playing Montreal and Cincy in singles is fine,he needs some matches under his belt,he's bound to be rusty a bit given that he didn't play since FO but complaining about injury and not being 100% physically and then entering BOTH doubles and singles is a bit silly.

Seriously, what is he thinking?!

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 07:16 PM
At least we are assured a lot of drama on this forum.
I notice the drama queens of this forum ( one or two) have begun coming back to life lately. ;-)

My cat has more intelligence in her brain than yours has in her little paw. Whatever.

NamRanger's signature.

goyeji
08-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Hey man! :)

How are you today?

I am so fantastic, I have just never been better! How about you? I hope you are doing well, this thread is pure agony.

TheFifthSet
08-10-2009, 10:12 PM
I hope you are doing well, this thread is pure agony.

Has my engaging conversation with 'Ren put a smile on you face? :)

goyeji
08-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Has my engaging conversation with 'Ren put a smile on you face? :)

Yes yes any lively light hearted conversation is so much better than utter bitterness and pure agony.:D

Andres
08-10-2009, 10:51 PM

N_F, of course ;)

maximo
08-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Yes yes any lively light hearted conversation is so much better than utter bitterness and pure agony.:D

HAHA! :D

Was there any pun intended with P_Agony? :)

Just read my sig if you want to know just how he's such a logical and superb poster.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 01:41 AM

Just read my sig if you want to know just how he's such a logical and superb poster.

You yourself admitted that the quote was made-up.

A guy who has averaged 85 matches the past six years with only 1-2 minor injuries is pretty damn fit . . . . I don't think saying Federer is fitter than Murray is going out on a limb. The guy served more than 20 aces in the fifth set of one of the longest finals ever. And 21 consecutive GS Semifinals.

You also scoffed at P_Agony for suggesting that a 28 year old could be fitter than a 22 year old---and then brought up Lance Armostrong, who's 38! I'm not saying Federer is fitter than Armstrong (neither is P_Agony), but show some consistency please.

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 01:42 AM

You mean the sentence that is totally made up and was never printed from my keyboard?

You just keep gaining credit maximo. Everybody, including the Murray fans, know you are a troll and a worthless poster. You are actually going against one of the single poster who actually still stand you when everyone were down on you after Wimbledon.

Everyone knows I never wrote that and you just made it up, yet nobody seems to take your posts eriously anyhow.

maximo
08-11-2009, 01:45 AM
You mean the sentence that is totally made up and was never printed from my keyboard?

You are just keeping gaining credit maximo. Everybody, including the Murray fans, know you are a troll and a worthless poster. You are actually going against one of the single poster who actually still stand you when everyone were down on you after Wimbledon.

Everyone knows I never wrote that and you just made it up, yet nobody seems to take your posts eriously anyhow.

More whining comming from the 'superb' poster as some Fed fans have labeled you??

You exaggerated on Fed's fitness level. My sig is perfectly acceptable but the same can't be said about yours. :oops:

Huh?? You never stood up for me during Wimbledon!?

What a lie!

I didn't need support, i was fine taking in all the Fednatic garbage coming my way.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 01:48 AM
More whining comming from the 'superb' poster as some Fed fans have labeled you??

You exaggerated on Fed's fitness level. My sig is perfectly acceptable but the same can't be said about yours. :oops:

It really makes me uncomfortable to speak for another poster, but oh well;

You yourself admitted that the quote was made-up.

A guy who has averaged 85 matches the past six years with only 1-2 minor injuries is pretty damn fit . . . . I don't think saying Federer is fitter than Murray is going out on a limb. The guy served more than 20 aces in the fifth set of one of the longest finals ever. And 21 consecutive GS Semifinals.

You also scoffed at P_Agony for suggesting that a 28 year old could be fitter than a 22 year old---and then brought up Lance Armostrong, who's 38! I'm not saying Federer is fitter than Armstrong (neither is P_Agony), but show some consistency please.

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 01:50 AM

No, I haven't exaggerated. I said Fed is the fittest player in tennis, not the fittest person in the world.

He's A LOT fitter than Murray and Djokovic, and the only one you can argue with me about is Nadal, who's fitness is also great, but I would still give the edge to Federer.

maximo
08-11-2009, 01:53 AM
No, I haven't exaggerated. I said Fed is the fittest player in tennis, not the fittest person in the world.

He's A LOT fitter than Murray and Djokovic, and the only one you can argue with me about is Nadal, who's fitness is also great, but I would still give the edge to Federer.

Federer is not Physically fitter than Murray and Nadal. That's just ludicrous to even think that. But had you said Federer is mentally stronger than Murray in slams, i would of agreed with you.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Federer is not Physically fitter than Murray and Nadal. That's just ludacrious to even think that. But had you said Federer is mentally stronger than Murray in slams, i would of agreed with you.

Still no reply?

*ludicrous

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 01:57 AM

Huh?? You never stood up for me during Wimbledon!?

What a lie!

I didn't need support, i was fine taking in all the Fednatic garbage coming my way.

A day after Murray lost to Roddick, I told everyone to stop being down necause you don't laugh at someone else's loss. Go back and look at all the Wimbly threads, I wrote quite a few of those so I'm sure you'll find at least one.

maximo
08-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Still no reply?

*ludicrous

I don't need to reply to your post, Federer had a cakewalk draw to the Wimbledon and French Open final.

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Federer is not Physically fitter than Murray and Nadal. That's just ludicrous to even think that. But had you said Federer is mentally stronger than Murray in slams, i would of agreed with you.

You are, quite possibly, the only person in the entire world who thinks Murray is ftter than Federer. Granted, you're entitled to your own opinion, but saying I've exaggerated is a huge exaggeration in itself.

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 01:59 AM
I don't need to reply to your post, Federer had a cakewalk draw to the Wimbledon and French Open final.

A cakewalk draw? Acasuso and PHM took him to 4, and Haas and DP took him to 5. Murray couldn't even beat Gonzales, a thing Fed did easly last year at RG when he was playing craptaciular tennis.

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:01 AM
You are, quite possibly, the only person in the entire world who thinks Murray is ftter than Federer. Granted, you're entitled to your own opinion, but saying I've exaggerated is a huge exaggeration in itself.

Go ask anyone else other than a Fedfan regarding this matter. I'm sure they would say i'm right. Federer's growing a little belly, while Murray has a six pack. I don't think you realise how much Murray works out to increase his fitness level.

You are as blind as a bat.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:03 AM

Kendrick, Gulbis, Troicki, Wawrinka (8-10 career record on grass), Ferrero (one title in the past six years.)

vs

Lee, Garcia-Lopez, Kolcshriber (sp), Soderling (24-4 since French, almost beat Nadal in '07, came damn close to beating Federer in Halle in '05), Karlovic, Haas, Roddick.

Explain to me how Murray's draw was tougher, both at Wimby at the FO.

And still---"cakewalk" draws don't explain 21 GS Semi's. And you still haven't conceded your contradiction---you throw a hissy fit that Federer could be fitter than Murray because of his age, and then you bring up a man 10 years older than Federer (again, I'm not saying Federer is fitter than Lance, just funny how you contradict yourself.)

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Go ask anyone else other than a Fedfan regarding this matter. I'm sure they would say i'm right. Federer's growing a little belly, while Murray has a six pack. I don't think you realise how much Murray works out to increase his fitness level.

You are as blind as a bat.

Nobody sane would agree with you. Not even the biggest Fed haters.

If Murray would have been taken to 5 by Haas and then DP, he would probably faint on court. I like Murray, but fitness isn't exactly his strongest attribute (although it's getting better)

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Nobody sane would agree with you. Not even the biggest Fed haters.

If Murray would have been taken to 5 by Haas and then DP, he would probably faint on court. I like Murray, but fitness isn't exactly his strongest attribute (although it's getting better)

Murray certainly didn't faint after coming back from a set down to beat Wawrinka. :lol:

If people were half clever, they would easily see how you're wrong in comparing the two physically.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Murray certainly didn't faint after coming back from a set down to beat Wawrinka. :lol:

If people were half clever, they would easily see how you're wrong in comparing the two physically.

This is grass, not clay. Murray came back from a set down against a guy with an 8-10 grasscourt. Federer came from behind three times this year at the FO---and did so in Wimby, against one of the greatest grasscourters of this generation.

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Kendrick, Gulbis, Troicki, Wawrinka (8-10 career record on grass), Ferrero (one title in the past six years.)

vs

Lee, Garcia-Lopez, Kolcshriber (sp), Soderling (24-4 since French, almost beat Nadal in '07, came damn close to beating Federer in Halle in '05), Karlovic, Haas, Roddick.

Love the way you to put down Murray's opponents achievements while you do the exact opposite with Federer's. Very unbiased of you i must say. :lol:

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 02:12 AM

He beat Wawrinka in 5 and then couldn't beat Roddick! He looked gassed out in that match.

Federer played two 4 setters and two 5 setters at the FO and sill looked fresh as a daisy in the final. How can you even compare his fitness to Murray?

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Love the way you to put down Murray's opponents achievements while you do the exact opposite with Federer's. Very unbiased of you i must say. :lol:

Other than Ferrero, pretty much nobody in his draw achieved anything on grass in their career, and Ferrero is almost 30 and has only won one title in the past six years. Kendrick gave Murray a tough 4-setter, and Kendrick is 4-12 career on grass. Troicki, GULBIS, the guy who hasn't gotten past the third round once this year? lol.

So yes or no: was Murray's draw tougher than Federers? Yes or no.

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:17 AM
He beat Wawrinka in 5 and then couldn't beat Roddick! He looked gassed out in that match.

He was mentally (a new word for you) wrong. Murray's strategy in that match was all wrong. Still, you said Murray can't come back from behind when he did against Wawrinka so i've proved you wrong (again)...

Federer played two 4 setters and two 5 setters at the FO and sill looked fresh as a daisy in the final. How can you even compare his fitness to Murray?

Did Haas not choke whatsoever? :lol:

That match should of been done and buried. Federer still struggles against lower ranked players. Undeserving winner in my eyes.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:19 AM
And maximo---I'm both a Djokovic and Fed fan. So don't accuse me of *Federer worship.*

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 02:21 AM
He was mentally (a new word for you) wrong. Murray's strategy in that match was all wrong. Still, you said Murray can't come back from behind when he did against Wawrinka so i've proved you wrong (again)...

That match should of been done and burried. Federer still struggles against lower ranked players. Undeserving winner in my eyes.

Are you kidding me? Murray played a great match at the first 2 sets, was a bit unlucky in a few points, but overall he played great, and outserved Roddick. His superb return of serve also allowed him to break Roddick a few times. In fact, Murray was the one who looked like the winner in the first two sets. There wasn't anything wrong mentally with Murray in that match period!
He didn't choke, he didn't make wrong decisions. He played well, but Roddick played better and Murray was tired in the 4th set.

What does that have anything to do with Hass choking and Federer deserving or undeserving. We are talking about fitness here, and you're trying to change the topic because you know you are getting owned right there. Your reply was completley off topic.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:22 AM

Federer didn't lose one point in his service games in the first set, and then played terribly in the tiebreak. That's choking.

Federer wiped the floor with Haas in the final two sets---and he saved BP at 4-3 in the third with a sublime crosscourt winner.

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Federer didn't lose one point in his service games in the first set, and then played terribly in the tiebreak. That's choking.

Federer wiped the floor with Haas in the final two sets---and he saved BP at 4-3 in the third with a sublime crosscourt winner.

Don't fall to his trap. He's trying to change the topic because he knows he's losing the fitness argument. What he doesn't realize is that he has no case whatsoever in this topic also.

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Are you kidding me? Murray played a great match at the first 2 sets, was a bit unlucky in a few points, but overall he played great, and outserved Roddick. His superb return of serve also allowed him to break Roddick a few times. In fact, Murray was the one who looked like the winner in the first two sets. There wasn't anything wrong mentally with Murray in that match period!
He didn't choke, he didn't make wrong decisions. He played well, but Roddick played better and Murray was tired in the 4th set.

What does that have anything to do with Hass choking and Federer deserving or undeserving. We are talking about fitness here, and you're trying to change the topic because you know you are getting owned right there. Your reply was completley off topic.

No, are you kidding me? :lol:

Murray did not play his best. You are simply saying that to prove yourself right. Lets get someone else here to tell you exactly how Murray's returning and passing shots deluded him.

I never said Murray 'choked', but he certainly didn't play the same way against Wawrinka after the first set. If anything, you're just trying to dig a bigger hole since you know deep down Murray is physically fitter.

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Don't fall to his trap. He's trying to change the topic because he knows he's losing the fitness argument. What he doesn't realize is that he has no case whatsoever in this topic also.

You must be looking in the mirror because i'm on fire here!

You're logic is just soo wrong, but yet it's very typical from Mr. Agony.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:28 AM

yah i'm sorta bored anyway. i'm working a morning shift in a few hours and there's pretty much no chance that i will be getting any sleep---it's an amusing way to pass the time. :)

and maximo; still haven't gotten back to me on the 'yes or no' question.

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 02:29 AM

Murray did not play his best. You are simply saying that to prove yourself right. Lets get someone else here to tell you exactly how Murray's returning and passing shots deluded him.

I never said Murray 'choked', but he certainly didn't play the same way against Wawrinka after the first set. If anything, you're just trying to dig a bigger hole since you know deep down Murray is physically fitter.

Either way, I would like to end this argument and never talk to you again.

Are you willing to take my name off your sig?

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Either way, I would like to end this argument and never talk to you again.

Please, never compare a young 22 year old lad who does rigorous amounts of training everyday compared to a 28 year old man who's growing a belly. You must be seriously blind if you can't see that. Alright, Federer is VERY fit for his age. And mentally stronger in the slams, but that's really down to his experience if anything.

Are you willing to take my name off your sig?

I don't know.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:33 AM

Match vs Roddick: 76 winners, 20 unforced errors, 82% 1st serve points won.

Wawrinka match: 49 winners, 38 unforced errors, 74% 1st serve points won.

I agree, he didn't play like he did vs Wawrinka. He played BETTER. Much, MUCH better.

TheMagicianOfPrecision

Good question, AND, why did he practice like crazy before and during Wimbledon? Then suddenly withdrew???

P_Agony
Please, never compare a young 22 year old lad who does rigorous amounts of training everyday compared to a 28 year old man who's growing a belly. You must be seriously blind if you can't see that. Alright, Federer is VERY fit for his age. And mentally stronger in the slams, but that's really down to his experience if anything.

I don't know.

I need an answer, and I would like to end this as nicely as possible. I took off mine because I'm not into childish games.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 02:35 AM

Maximo is a little delusional, he thinks that Roddick is extremely mentally weak! That sums it up pretty good.

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Maximo is a little delusional, he thinks that Roddick is extremely mentally weak! That sums it up pretty good.

I am not commenting or replying anything that is related to maximo anymore.

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:37 AM
I need an answer, and I would like to end this as nicely as possible. I

Fine, as i can see that it hurts you deeply i guess that would be the best thing to do...

TheFifthSet
Please, never compare a young 22 year old lad who does rigorous amounts of training everyday compared to a 28 year old man who's growing a belly.

Armstrong is 38. CONSISTENCY MUCH?

P_Agony
Fine, as i can see that it hurts you deeply i guess that would be the best thing to do...

I think we are both grown enough to respect each other at least in that regard.

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:38 AM

I don't want to get started with you! ;)

I'm tired already with P_Agony. :D

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 02:38 AM
I am not commenting or replying anything that is related to maximo anymore.
That might be a good idea, what bothers me is that when you lay out some great arguments to certain posters they just dont reply to it, that bothers me, you got to be able to admit when you are wrong dont u agree?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 02:40 AM

Oh please...i dont mind! My case is a lot stronger than yours, Roddick beating Murray in front of his mom and gf in a slam-SF at Wimbledon in front of 17,000 crazy brits= Mentally weak...Great man! And i assume Murray is mentally strong, right?

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:40 AM
That might be a good idea, what bothers me is that when you lay out some great arguments to certain posters they just dont reply to it, that bothers me, you got to be able to admit when you are wrong dont u agree?

I replied to every single one of his posts, you really are getting the wrong impression...

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:41 AM

Maximo. Did Murray have a tougher draw than Federer?

Did he also play better in the Wawrinka match than in the Roddick match, despite the fact that he was +56 in winners/errors in the latter match?

Just simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.

(lol, I don't know why I'm continuing this. I just want to see if I'm talented enough to make Maximo concede that he his wrong on anything. Perhaps it contradicts my previous thread about not replying to trolls . . . . but this is just too funny.)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 02:41 AM
I replied to every single one of his posts, you really are getting the wrong impression...
Im not talking about him, THIS is personal:twisted:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 02:42 AM

Did he also play better in the Wawrinka match than in the Roddick match, despite the fact that he was +56 in winners/errors in the latter match?

(lol, I don't know why I'm continuing this. I just want to see if I'm talented enough to make Maximo concede that he his wrong on anything. Perhaps it contradicts my previous thread about not replying to trolls . . . . but this is just too funny.)
Dont get your hopes up, its Maximo we are talking about:twisted:

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:42 AM

I'm not replying to a biased individual who manipulates Statistics and draws to make his player seem better. :lol:

Reply if you wish, i won't answer this time.

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 02:43 AM

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However, there is no harm in listenning to others and perhaps learn something new. And yes, I agree it's annoying when people change the topic suddenly or just don't reply.

I think it's for the best that me and maximo will not talk to each other.

maximo
08-11-2009, 02:45 AM

Let's just leave it at that, as you said...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 02:45 AM

However, there is no harm in listenning to others and perhaps learn something new. And yes, I agree it's annoying when people change the topic suddenly or just don't reply.

I think it's for the best that me and maximo will not talk to each other.
They are, but then they should also be able to respond even if its out of their league or simply say "ok u got me there".

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 02:47 AM
They are, but then they should also be able to respond even if its out of their league or simply say "ok u got me there".

Well, it is a forum, so there is no should or shouldn't here. I agree with your idea, but sometimes it is just better to let go and move on when you think things are pointless, and that is what I did.

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 02:49 AM
I'm not replying to a biased individual who manipulates Statistics and draws to make his player seem better. :lol:

Reply if you wish, i won't answer this time.

lol, like I'll let you have the last word. Don't reply, I don't care, but I'll take this last opportunity to roast you for tonight.

a) I already told you, I'm a Djokovic fan moreso than I am a Federer fan.

b) +56 winners/errors. +11 winners/errors. I got these all from the Wimbledon website. Not much manipulation going on.

c) Kendrick, Troicki, Gulbis, Ferrero, Wawrinka. Among them, not one grasscourt title. Those are the men he beat. I don't care enough to check, but I think Roddick has about 5, Karlovic 2, Haas 2 . . . . Soderling may have one, I don't know.

There. Have a good day, max.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Well, it is a forum, so there is no should or shouldn't here. I agree with your idea, but sometimes it is just better to let go and move on when you think things are pointless, and that is what I did.
I agree, i know but thats just my opinion.