PDA

View Full Version : Del Potro will win USO 2009

bladepdb
08-09-2009, 04:36 PM
You heard it here first folks.

dragonfire
08-09-2009, 04:38 PM
why, because he played and beat a poor andy roddick serving horribly. I'm going out on a limb and using the nadal excuse - roddick was tired and del potro was fresh.

bladepdb
08-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I have no rationale. But in case he does win it, I can say I was (one of) the first to say it on TTW.

But to clear the record, I was personally rooting for Roddick and saw the match. Everyone talking about how JMDP would be unable to handle the heat today and how he came back after losing the first set, thereby slapping everyone who counted him out, proved that he is made of the stuff that GS winners are made of (especially since he's only 20). We'll see if he can take that with him to USO -- definitely makes the draw more interesting since you have more than just the top 3 contending.

dragonfire
08-09-2009, 04:43 PM
if del poto plays anyone in the top 5 in 5 sets, he won't win

Ambivalent
08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
why, because he played and beat a poor andy roddick serving horribly. I'm going out on a limb and using the nadal excuse - roddick was tired and del potro was fresh.

That makes sense considerin del Potro was just commenting on how tired he was during the Gonzalez match.

bladepdb
08-09-2009, 04:46 PM
if del poto plays anyone in the top 5 in 5 sets, he won't win

Confidence boosters like today go a long way....

Carsomyr
08-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Roddick was fine. They both played very well; Del Potro just came away with the win.

Del Potro hasn't really proved himself on the big stage yet, so I'm not ready to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

grafselesfan
08-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately Federer will win the U.S Open. I am almost certain of it.

dragonfire
08-09-2009, 04:51 PM
That makes sense considerin del Potro was just commenting on how tired he was during the Gonzalez match.

yeah, by the way he had a day's rest while roddick was battling 7-5 in the third testerday

bladepdb
08-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah and it was fatigue that lost Roddick the match today, right?

dragonfire
08-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah and it was fatigue that lost Roddick the match today, right?

na, not really, JMDP was the better player and roddick wasn't exactly serving great, oh well, lets move on with our lives :)

Conquistador
08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Roddick is playing so well. I feel Roddick is better than Juan Del Potro. However--saying Del Po will win the us open is a stretch.. My two favorites to win the us open are federer and roddick... roddick and new york city--theres nothing better than a night match with roddick in new york---nothing like it.

bladepdb
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Roddick is playing so well. I feel Roddick is better than Juan Del Potro. However--saying Del Po will win the us open is a stretch.. My two favorites to win the us open are federer and roddick... roddick and new york city--theres nothing better than a night match with roddick in new york---nothing like it.

Except a Sampras-Agassi showdown in NY.

Sadly this is the next best thing, and it's far from best.

Agassifan
08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I think he should be the joint favorite along with federer and murray. Don't count out roddick though

Conquistador
08-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Except a Sampras-Agassi showdown in NY.

Sadly this is the next best thing, and it's far from best.

Sampras-Agassi showdown in New York--i don't think so. Sure it is a spectacle, a big time match between giants of the game, but Roddick in a night match is truly surreal. It is surreal because you see all the celebrities come and watch, roddick plays all of his matches at night, and he is more appealing to the new york crowd because of his personality and honesty.