dragonfire
08-09-2009, 04:44 PM
more chance of winning than del potro

bladepdb
08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Hehe. I'm bored if you can't tell.

dragonfire
08-09-2009, 04:46 PM
im ****ed off at roddick losing at a third tier player like JMDP when he should have won.

bladepdb
08-09-2009, 04:53 PM
LoL, agreed. Roddick got sloppy there in the later stages of sets 2 & 3. That said, though, JMDP did out-serve Roddick in the final tiebreak...gotta give him credit for that.

bladepdb
08-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Cmon folks vote away!

flyinghippos101
08-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I voted the third one, this "100%" ******** has gotten out of hand.

RoddickAce
08-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Probability-wise, this a safe bet cuz the chance of someone other than Nadal winning is over 99% xD.

Blinkism
08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah, he's not winning the USO.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

Nadalfan89
08-09-2009, 11:58 PM
He's defenitely not going to win USO. AO, French and Wimbly are obviously a sweep if he stays healthy though.

フェデラー
08-10-2009, 12:01 AM
STOP WITH THE THREADS
http://wylfwt.com/home/files/images/Baseball%20-%20You%27re%20Doing%20it%20Wrong.jpg

CHOcobo
08-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I think Roddick parties too much. lol.

mandy01
08-10-2009, 12:05 AM
He will do by yet again deflating pressure :roll:
"I never 100%,no?!"

zagor
08-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Well,we'll see how he does at Montreal and Cinncinati but the guy's a 6 time slam winner and won AO on HC this year so IMO we shouldn't count him out.He isn't a favourite at USO(never was)but one of the contenders for the title surely.

settolove
08-10-2009, 12:20 AM
He will do by yet again deflating pressure :roll:
"I never 100%,no?!"

I agree, Nadal is always quick to draw pressure away from himself on surfaces that are not clay and direct it to someone else, usually Roger. Some people say he's humble because he's always praising Roger. I'm not so sure.

namelessone
08-10-2009, 12:51 AM
I agree, Nadal is always quick to draw pressure away from himself on surfaces that are not clay and direct it to someone else, usually Roger. Some people say he's humble because he's always praising Roger. I'm not so sure.

Nadal doesn't take away pressure from himself,people do it for him.Look,everyone knows Rafa has no HC game and no HC weapons,no big serve or hitting flat.However Rafa has great results on HC for someone who doesn't play the HC type of game.

Nadal is merely stating the truth and trust me,he is the first one to know that HC brings out his weaknesses.I mean,he is confident on clay because he knows it brings out his strenghts and he feels very good about grass too.But in HC Slams he had the slowest progression out of all the 3 surfaces.He got beaten at HC slams by guys like Blake,Youzhny,Hewitt,Gonzales,Ferrer,Tsonga and so on.In RG and WB he had far stronger performances making a total of 7 finals there whereas he only has 1 HC Slam final in AO.Nadal will always be an underdog at the HC Slams due to his game.

And Nadal doesn't have to put pressure on Federer.Fed has had major pressure since he gained so many slams.When Nadal won Wimbledon he said it was great but Roger has 5 already.When he won AO he reassured Fed that he would pass Sampras and he did.If it is an act give the guy an Oscar for putting on that show for at leat 4 years running.Nadal knows how good Fed is because he has to push himself hard do beat him.In every other interview Rafa says that Fed is the best he has played against and this is coming from a guy who has defeated roger 13 times,5 times in GS finals but who is seeing first-hand how hard it is to win so many slams so he shows respect to his adversary.Even guys from Rafa's team,like Costa and Toni have said that Rafa still feels that Roger is the best (even when he beat him a lot) because Rafa knows that he has to improve a lot and to be very focused to get even near Fed's GS record.

So no,I don't think it's an act.Nadal is not humble for humility's sake,he is merely saying what he thinks about Federer.Sure,a lot of people on TW tend to put Federer down but his peers know more about him than we do and I would rather listen to them.