PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Masters, Nadal and Djokovic playing doubles

deltox
08-09-2009, 08:23 PM
and they are playing each other in the first round.

why is this weird, well.
novak isnt playing with his little brother but instead Dusan VEMIC ranked 391 at 33 years old

nadal is playing with
Francisco Roig (ESP), a retired 41 year old coach in some capacity in the nadal camp.

i cant believe nadal is playing singles and doubles after the time off from overplaying he has had.

i cant fathom that novak didnt play with his little brother.

weird tournament for sure.

dincuss
08-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Did his brother even qualify?

JeMar
08-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Nadal is such a He-Man.

Mere mortals would play less tennis if they were nursing a bad knee, but Nadal has to show them what girlie men they are by playing singles AND doubles.

A man? No, a legend.

Mansewerz
08-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Nadal is such a He-Man.

Mere mortals would play less tennis if they were nursing a bad knee, but Nadal has to show them what girlie men they are by playing singles AND doubles.

A man? No, a legend.

Until he complains that his knees are hurting.

FedFan_2009
08-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Nadal is such a He-Man.

A man? No, a legend.

No a legendary moron. He'll NEVER learn.

jamesblakefan#1
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't get this from Nadal. This and saying his schedule will be:

"Montreal, Cincinnati, U.S. Open, Davis Cup, if I’m called upon and have no setbacks, then Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Paris and London.”

He's really pushing his luck w/ those knees, if the injury is as serious as he said it was.

JeMar
08-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Until he complains that his knees are hurting.

Not content with being a physical ubermensch, Nadal is also benevolent. He only lost to Soderling at RG so Roger would stop crying and he only skipped Wimbledon so that Roger would have a shot at Roger in the final. His alleged physical ailments are just ways of missing tournaments to give other a shot at a trophy for once.

Blinkism
08-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Nadal's going to teach his knees a lesson they'll never forget.

goyeji
08-09-2009, 08:49 PM
It's good to see Novak not babysitting Marko this time by playing doubles with him. I'm sure playing some doubles with old guys will help Djokovic and Nadal to work on their returns, angles and volleys.

JeMar
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I can understand Djokovic playing doubles, as he could really benefit from the extra practice. Not saying he's bad or anything, but doubles is never bad for your game.

Well, that's not entirely true. Doubles can be bad for your game if you're already nursing an injury and you're trying to not exacerbate it. Nadal keeps saying that he's not 100%, but he keeps over-scheduling himself.

FedExFan
08-09-2009, 09:13 PM
i don't understand why Nadal would come off an time-out for an injury and then play BOTH singles and doubles:confused: it will be an interesting match though, i wonder who will win?:)

DarthMaul
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
If he's playing singles AND doubles, then all his bad knee story is a fake and he's just a big liar making early excuses.

effervescence
08-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I was really surprised to see Rafa was entered in doubles too. I thought he'd be trying his best to cut down on his time on court... ah well.

mandy01
08-09-2009, 11:19 PM
I was really surprised to see Rafa was entered in doubles too. I thought he'd be trying his best to cut down on his time on court... ah well. Ironically he is again complaining about the schedule.

dragonfire
08-09-2009, 11:22 PM
i really do not understand nadal's decision to play double. Hard is the worst surface for you body, he's coming off tendinitis, and he's playing doubles as well.

FEDEXP
08-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't get Nadal's playing doubles and with essentially an unknown underling.

Nadalfan89
08-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Nadal is punishing his knees.

No seriously. He's literally punishing them for being weak.

Cesc Fabregas
08-09-2009, 11:39 PM
People whining again, Nadal is playing 1 lousy doubles match because he is rusty that is all.

LanceStern
08-10-2009, 02:26 AM
He is playing doubles with a 41 year old coach, he's trying to get some of the rust out people.

And it couldn't hurt his volley/serve game either. Don't expect Nadal to scramble or tax himself

wyutani
08-10-2009, 02:27 AM
dun worry guys, doubles is not as gruesome as singles. so im not worried here mate'...

ttbrowne
08-10-2009, 04:41 AM
How about a little doubles for practice? Nadal is playing with a guy who obviously doesn't mind if he doesn't advance or get any ATP points. Nadal can lose, or give just 70%, w/o feeling bad for his partner. There's nothing to simulate a real game. Not even a practice partner.

Gorecki
08-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Nadal is such a He-Man.

A man? No, a legend.

legendary only his complaints about the extensive schedule of ATP...
:-?