PDA

View Full Version : Difference between PSGD and Gosen OG-Sheep Micro?

forevertennis
08-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm looking into both of these strings as crosses for my hybrid set-ups. What are the differences?

And what would be the main difference, besides power, that I'd see putting these two syn guts next to a multi, like Pro Supex Maxim Touch?

The_Question
08-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Dflex cost more by single packs or reels. Gosen is much cheaper & lively, and play very crisp. Both durabilities are about the same, Dflex doesn't last any longer than Gosen.

Applesauceman
08-10-2009, 07:27 AM
I feel that Gosen Micro has a little more bite on the ball too. Currently, GM is my favorite cross string.

And, as mentioned, it costs about half as much as PSGD.

forevertennis
08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll pick up a few sets of the Gosen.
Have you noticed any differences between the Natural and White?

forehand_barrage
08-13-2009, 09:11 PM
stick with natural

javierjavier
08-13-2009, 09:30 PM
the gosen og sm 17 in the natural and it felt really dead to me. i definitely wouldn't call it lively. i really don't understand why people love it so much. i'm almost thinking i had a bad set. unfortunately it sucked so bad i gave away the other set i had and have no desire to try it again.

if you're looking for something crisp and lively psgd 17 is a much better string.

SteveI
08-14-2009, 06:21 AM
the gosen og sm 17 in the natural and it felt really dead to me. i definitely wouldn't call it lively. i really don't understand why people love it so much. i'm almost thinking i had a bad set. unfortunately it sucked so bad i gave away the other set i had and have no desire to try it again.

if you're looking for something crisp and lively psgd 17 is a much better string.

Hi,

Have used both.. many times. I find that just the reverse is true in my case.
If I am trying to tame the power of a frame.. I might go for PSGD. Looking for a syn with good bite and somewhat lively.. I would string with OG 17 nat. OG 17 is not a long lasting string if you use it in the mains.. but seems to hold up well as a cross for me. In a poly syn gut hybid.. I almost always cut out the poly before the crosses break. Also... OG Micro in reels.. is a Steal!
One internet site is selling it for $29.99 with free shipping...:-)

Regards,
Steve

hoodjem
08-14-2009, 07:52 AM
I have used both.

PSGD moves a LOT MORE than Gosen OGSM, does not feel as nice or lively, and does not last as long IMO.

forevertennis
08-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks again to everyone for their advice/opinions.
So I know the difference between gauges and such, but what has been everyone's opinion between the 16 and 17?
I don't want the crosses to break first.
The strings I'll be hybriding them with are:
Kirschbaum Pro Line 2 17g
Black Code 16g
Big Ace 17g
and one more poly, don't know what.
suggestions?

Toad
08-14-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't want the crosses to break first.

You should be fine with 17 in the crosses. I have never used 16, so can't give a direct comparison, but in my Kevlar 17/Gosen 17 and Kevlar 18/Gosen 17 hybrids, the Kevlar always breaks not the Gosen.

tenniscoach07
08-14-2009, 12:32 PM
which site is offering 29.995 and free shipping?

tenniscoach07
08-14-2009, 12:33 PM
oops..... 29.95

Toad
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM

Are you serious...?
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACGOSEN-GSR17.html
of course you only get free shipping with an order over $75, but I doubt shipping is much anyways.

diredesire
08-14-2009, 01:01 PM

Don't discuss or bring up competitors, it's in the rules ;)

javierjavier
08-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi,

Have used both.. many times. I find that just the reverse is true in my case.
If I am trying to tame the power of a frame.. I might go for PSGD. Looking for a syn with good bite and somewhat lively.. I would string with OG 17 nat. OG 17 is not a long lasting string if you use it in the mains.. but seems to hold up well as a cross for me. In a poly syn gut hybid.. I almost always cut out the poly before the crosses break. Also... OG Micro in reels.. is a Steal!
One internet site is selling it for $29.99 with free shipping...:-)

Regards,
Steve
it really is highly praised. i must have had a bad set?!

well it's cheap enough to try again. it looks like i just may have to...

Thanks...