PDA

View Full Version : New babolat N.VY string

forehand_barrage
08-10-2009, 02:54 AM
I was looking at babolats products when I noticed a new string called N.VY. Has anyone tried it yet, if u have can u write a review. There are also videos on the internet about the new string

Eiffel59
08-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Single wrap nylon w/silica microspheres for improved durability. We should receive it this week and test it before leaving for France. At touch, looks not so soft, but Bab claims it play quite on the "comfy" side thanks to a very soft nylon core/thin polyamide microfibers wrap.

forehand_barrage
08-10-2009, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the info Eiffel, much appreciated. I am looking forward for its release.

mowry77
09-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Great string. I could almost swear it added 10mph to my serve compared to poly or Prince Synthetic gut (2 strings I have previously used). I am not sure about string life yet b/c I am a chronic string breaker. I love the feel, the pop, and has tons of control. I hope it holds up.

Valjean
09-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the info Eiffel, much appreciated. I am looking forward for its release.
"Release"? When it's been out for several months--and is on hand, even here!???

You could have found several references to it in the forum.

Meanwhile, here is some of the "feedback," found behind the listing itself, here on TW dating back to last September: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback-BNV16.html

Babolat's own rankings--Power 3/5, Comfort 4/5, Durability (nylon string) 4/5--seemed pretty accurate when I tried it.

Here's TW's own narrative description, though:

"The Babolat N.Vy String is a synthetic gut string coated with 2 outer wraps. The first layer is a beaded, denser wrap, while the second, outer wrap is silicon based, helping prevent notching. We found this string to provide a nice balance between power, control, and feel."

JT_2eighty
09-20-2010, 10:02 AM
^^ look closer at the date of the post you quoted. mowry bumped this thread out of the archives :)

Valjean
09-20-2010, 10:07 AM
^^ look closer at the date of the post you quoted. mowry bumped this thread out of the archives :)
Curse the hand that made this possible, at all;... :) -- :(

BobFL
09-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Great string! I hybridize PH with n.vy and for me that would be the best setup I have tried...