PDA

View Full Version : Unifibre Natural Gut

forehand_barrage
08-10-2009, 09:36 AM
I was looking for tennis strings on **** when i came across unifibre natural gut strings, they were around $21.99. Has anyone tried these strings? Can someone post a review? If this is legitimate and plays like natural gut it can be a cheaper alternative to babolat vs, or Klip legend.

tennisdad65
08-10-2009, 09:46 AM
hmm.. $22?
looks like everyone is following babolat tonic price increase.

I have 2 unifibre sets that I bought in jan, but that was at less than $15 per set... I think (probably less). I have yet to use them, but likely will do so in a month or 2 since I have tonic+ still lying around.

I got it from the bay, (seller was from los angeles). However, the description was suspiciously close (actually I think it was the same as) to Global Gut description. My feeling (I may be completely wrong) was that he ordered Global Gut in bulk and is reselling here..

forehand_barrage
08-10-2009, 11:05 PM
I also found it on Sports Priority, i have never tried buying strings on that site, can anyone tell me if it is a legitimate site?

dancraig
08-10-2009, 11:33 PM
I also found it on Sports Priority, i have never tried buying strings on that site, can anyone tell me if it is a legitimate site?

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.sportspriority.com%2F

forehand_barrage
08-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the link now i am convinced its a safe site it goign to be n\my new site for natural gut strings, they are selling babolat vs for 35$ compared to 42 on tw, and $14 for luxilon alu rough

tennisdad65
08-22-2009, 08:16 PM
I finally got down to stringing unifibre.
1) The coating is very dry. Actually, I do not know if it is coated at all.
2) I was very carefull but while doing the crosses, I noticed the strands separate while pulling.. but after tensioning, it seems ok.
3) The thickness is not uniform.

will post after playing with it for a month or so. A set of Tonic+ lasts for about 80-100 hours (~2 months playing time for me). Unifibre has to last 50-70+ hours to be worth it.

Il Mostro
08-22-2009, 08:46 PM
If Unifibre is the guy in Huntington Beach, (and I think it is), he informed me that the gut is manufactured in India when I inquired a few months ago. FWIW...

tennisdad65
08-22-2009, 08:50 PM
yes, it was from huntington beach, and it's description was exactly the same as Global Gut description.

tennis.yellow.balls
08-22-2009, 11:55 PM
yes, it was from huntington beach, and it's description was exactly the same as Global Gut description.

Has anyone in Southern California gone to the business address on their website?