PDA

View Full Version : pacific tough gut or klip armour?

i suck at tennis
08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
So I’m going to treat myself to a set of natural gut… I’ve pretty much narrowed my choices down to the Pacific Tough Gut 16g or the Klip Armour Pro 16g. Any opinions on these from the resident TT experts? J I’ve read the customer reviews on the TW website, but just looking for a little more info before I make the purchase. Whichever one I get I will most likely do a hybrid with either Gosen Micro or Pro Supex Titan, as those are the two syn guts I have on hand right now. For informational purposes I play with the Tecnifibre 320 VO2 and have a moderately spinny forehand and fairly flat backhand.

I do have two questions regarding the stringing… I’ve never strung gut before, and my main concern is waxing the mains. Will I need to do this before stringing the crosses since both of these have a “protective coating”?? Also, will I need to pre-stretch before stringing??

DownTheLine
08-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I would like to know the same thing because I am going to buy a set of Gut.

I just don't want to get addicted to it... lol

dhahntennis
08-10-2009, 12:35 PM
So I’m going to treat myself to a set of natural gut… I’ve pretty much narrowed my choices down to the Pacific Tough Gut 16g or the Klip Armour Pro 16g. Any opinions on these from the resident TT experts? J I’ve read the customer reviews on the TW website, but just looking for a little more info before I make the purchase. Whichever one I get I will most likely do a hybrid with either Gosen Micro or Pro Supex Titan, as those are the two syn guts I have on hand right now. For informational purposes I play with the Tecnifibre 320 VO2 and have a moderately spinny forehand and fairly flat backhand.

I do have two questions regarding the stringing… I’ve never strung gut before, and my main concern is waxing the mains. Will I need to do this before stringing the crosses since both of these have a “protective coating”?? Also, will I need to pre-stretch before stringing??

ive never played with tough gut, but all i know is that armour pro is terrible, its a pain in the ***** to string and it plays like a cheap synthetic

Keifers
08-10-2009, 01:43 PM

I have a hybrid of Tough Gut mains and a multi cross in one of my sticks, and I would say TG definitely feels softer than Legend (which I have played) and is therefore most likely softer than Armour Pro (which I haven't). That would be my main consideration in choosing between your 2 candidates.

I would definitely not prestretch AP -- or, at most, I would prestretch it just lightly.

Good luck.