PDA

View Full Version : lux m2 vs kirschbaum pro line II

JonnyJolly11
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Can anyone who have hit with the strings compare them?

Which is softer, has more power, and spin.

Also one of my priorities is which has the best feel.

I currently use m2 in my babolat pst but was thinking about trying pl2.

Thanks

himynameisNIKE
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Pro line II i found to be way softer and much easier on the arm. it also has exceptional feel. Lux i thought had a little more power. Id give the edge to PLII as i am currently using it

*edit

sorry just noticed you were asking about M2 i havent tried that

star 5 15
08-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Pro line 2 is way stiffer than m2. I don't find these strings very comparable except that they are both polys.

PED
08-10-2009, 03:37 PM
PL2 is stiffer than m2 but it's still quite soft for a poly. I've found I can usually string up pl2 around 4 lbs higher than something like alu.

I tried m2 a few times back in the winter when it came out and was a bit disappointed. The price seems high (19) for what you get. If I'm going to pay anywhere near that, I'd much rather use alu. I didn't get that great of control or feel with the m2, it seemed kind of neither nor.

I ended up switching to pl2 full time about 3 months back and am glad I did. For me, when you bring in all the considerations: spin, power, price and durability, pl2 is hard to beat.

davidahenry
08-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I ended up switching to pl2 full time about 3 months back and am glad I did. For me, when you bring in all the considerations: spin, power, price and durability, pl2 is hard to beat.

Hey PED. Do you hear that? It sounds like Alu is calling your name. Don't kid yourself, you'll be back.

All joking aside, I am glad you've found a string you really like in PL2, and I hope you are doing well.

Take care.

DH

PED
08-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey DH, what's going on. There are 2 secrets that I've found to sticking with one string. 1. Don't put alu in occasionally and 2. Stay the hell away from the stringing section on TW!

Seriously, for out and out performance, alu is better than pl2, but I've got my tensions up to around where yours are at 61 and 60 and the pl2 seems to work really well for me up there. I was juggling strings for so long that my strokes have really benefited from the one string mantra. I came so close to trying out some of the new genesis poly and I thought of nancy reagan: just say no :)

murrmanfan13
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
how do kirschbaum pl2 compare to other top polys like SPPP, msv hex and luxilon power and rough

davidahenry
08-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey DH, what's going on. There are 2 secrets that I've found to sticking with one string. 1. Don't put alu in occasionally and 2. Stay the hell away from the stringing section on TW!

Good stuff, Man. It is doubtful, but if I ever switch away from Alu, I'll be sure to remember these two secrets.

Seriously, for out and out performance, alu is better than pl2, but I've got my tensions up to around where yours are at 61 and 60 and the pl2 seems to work really well for me up there.

I actually need to update my signature... I'm down to 59 lbs. To keep my arm feeling good, I tried dropping the tension to 58 lbs. and then moved back up to settle in at 59. It seems to work well - I love the way it plays, and my arm feels great.

Take care.

DH

tennistomcat
08-11-2009, 05:50 PM
PED, your secrets to sticking with one string ring so true to me - this section is my downfall. Doh. I wish I could stay with alu if it wasn't for the elbow pain

murrmanfan13
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM
-davidahenry

do you hybrid PL2 with anything?

Supracool94
08-12-2009, 12:24 PM
One of my Prestige Racquets has the following:

(m) Gamma Professional 16 @ 58lbs (x) Kirsh Pro line II 17 @ 52.2 lbs

I get good control with this setup, but I think msv hex and TF black Code give me more spin or bite on the ball.

murrmanfan13
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
yeah, the msv setup sounds like more of a match. im surprised there wasnt much power with the pl2 setup, pl2 is somewhat powerful, and i would think gamma pro would be too

Supracool94
08-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I am going to play tonight. I will make sure and use the racquet strung with the PL II / Gamma Pro. Its been a while since Ive played with that particular racquet, so I will let you know tomorrow how it felt with a fresher perspective!

PED
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I am going to play tonight. I will make sure and use the racquet strung with the PL II / Gamma Pro. Its been a while since Ive played with that particular racquet, so I will let you know tomorrow how it felt with a fresher perspective!

I just noticed your sig: d@mn, I want that TGK 237! :)

I tried the gamma pro in a hybrid a few weeks back with genesis and didn't care much for it. I like the PL2 because i can use it as a full poly job and it's still comfy with plenty of power and spin. Having said that, it's pretty hard to go wrong with any of these strings.

I'm surprised, that I'm now playing with full pl2 at a tension 6 lbs higher than when I first switched back in the spring. It works well at high tension and lasts fairly long as well, I've broken my last 3 sets between 9.5 and 10 hours which is plenty for me.

Supracool94
08-12-2009, 01:00 PM
I just noticed your sig: d@mn, I want that TGK 237! :)

I tried the gamma pro in a hybrid a few weeks back with genesis and didn't care much for it. I like the PL2 because i can use it as a full poly job and it's still comfy with plenty of power and spin. Having said that, it's pretty hard to go wrong with any of these strings.

I'm surprised, that I'm now playing with full pl2 at a tension 6 lbs higher than when I first switched back in the spring. It works well at high tension and lasts fairly long as well, I've broken my last 3 sets between 9.5 and 10 hours which is plenty for me.

Yeah my TGK 237 play really nice and having changed the handle to a wilson shape was the best thing I ever did. I just wish i had more than three of them!

Supracool94
08-13-2009, 05:39 AM

Yeah I played last night, and I'm 100% sure that I prefer TF Black Code and MSV Hex over PLII. The other polys just give me a better bite on the ball, which means more spin.

In fact I think I going to trade away my half set of PL II that I have left, let me know if anyone is interested!

murrmanfan13
08-13-2009, 05:43 AM
ill have it!

Supracool94
08-13-2009, 05:45 AM
ill have it!

email me: supracool03@aol.com