PDA

View Full Version : Word on the street is that...

babbette
08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
...Nadal is wearing sleeveless shirt for his doubles match against Djokovic and there's no stream. cruel.:(

why is there never much stream for doubles?
Oh well. I guess fans will have to hold their anticipation for his "return" till tomorrow.

babbette
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2iu2gt4.jpg

Blinkism
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
That photo's too small to tell anything, but if he's wearing sleeveless again it should be pretty cool.

EDIT: The photo's bigger now :)

No capri pants, though?

THESEXPISTOL
08-10-2009, 03:26 PM
and then....?

maximo
08-10-2009, 03:26 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2iu2gt4.jpg

The picture's too small. :twisted:

Nadal looks great in shirts with no sleeves. :D

Conquistador
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Sleveless is a bad look for Nadal. It shows arrogance from Nike. Rafael Nadal never wore sleveless until Nike told him to. Rafael Nadal is a classy person, but that sleeveless look makes him look like a thug.

shadows
08-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Is that pic definitely from tonight? I mean I assume so, but I don't see Roig in shot anywhere

Lionheart392
08-10-2009, 03:29 PM
So many empty seats :evil:

babbette
08-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Is that pic definitely from tonight? I mean I assume so, but I don't see Roig in shot anywhere

yes. twitter
http://twitter.com/TennisConnected

wonder if hell wear it for singles too.

shadows
08-10-2009, 03:32 PM
oh cool, interesting change really, I thought he was comfy with the polos.

babbette
08-10-2009, 03:36 PM
"Does anyone even realize that Djokovic is on court."-twitter :lol:

CountryHillbilly
08-10-2009, 03:36 PM
One of Nadal/Roig is serving for match.

Which one is it ?

babbette
08-10-2009, 03:39 PM
"Rafa serves his 1st ace of the day while serving for the match."

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
"Does anyone even realize that Djokovic is on court."-twitter :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Blinkism
08-10-2009, 03:41 PM

haha, pretty cool!

babbette
08-10-2009, 04:00 PM
apparently he's most likely to wear these for the singles
http://i31.tinypic.com/198d8n.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/2rrkz1k.jpg

Serendipitous
08-10-2009, 04:01 PM
bbaabbeettee

CountryHillbilly
08-10-2009, 04:03 PM

WHom did he ace?

tennismonster
08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Can i get a hallelujah!? haha :D nice to see the sleeveless back

EDIT: For now at least...

CCNM
08-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Awww man!!! and here I thought he was growing up....:-| Oh well

JeMar
08-10-2009, 04:13 PM

That's a really cool outfit.

BallzofSkill
08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
so...basically you care nothing about tennis. Just gossip and what nadal is wearing?

babbette
08-10-2009, 04:28 PM
so...basically you care nothing about tennis. Just gossip and what nadal is wearing?

look around the board it's all about tennis. this is just one thread:)

akv89
08-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Why is Nadal playing doubles again?

vndesu
08-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Why is Nadal playing doubles again?

so he can regain some confidence

BallzofSkill
08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
look around the board it's all about tennis. this is just one thread:)

that's everyone else, but all your threads have nothing to do with tennis. just what nadal is wearing, how he looks, blah blah blah.

akv89
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
so he can regain some confidence

I'd prefer that he did it by winning his first singles match. Isn't he trying to reduce his time on court.

rommil
08-10-2009, 10:21 PM
...Nadal is wearing sleeveless shirt for his doubles match against Djokovic and there's no stream. cruel.:(

Oh well. I guess fans will have to hold their anticipation for his "return" till tomorrow.

Word on the street? You back to your peddling days?

TennisandMusic
08-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Awww man!!! and here I thought he was growing up....:-| Oh well

Right. Because wearing sleeveless shirts are for children. Athletes, or muscular people should never wear sleeveless.

Here I'll turn it around.

"Man he's wearing polos again? I really thought he would ditch the arrogant snob gear..."

Do you see the problem with these kinds of statements?

TheFifthSet
08-11-2009, 01:32 AM

Nice! Much better than RG attire.

sixone90
08-11-2009, 01:58 AM
What's the bet it won't have either the dots or the pocket?

jelle v
08-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Pathetic that he is playing doubles.. it really is.. guy has injury to his knees, states that he not sure whether his knees will hold, and he comes back playing singles and doubles..

The next Nadal fan that brings up the fact that Nadal is tired or couldn't move well because of his knees, better realize that it is not the ATP's fault.. it's Nadal's own stupid fault.

OT:
I never liked the sleeveless shirts. Hate them, think they are pathetic. Nadal looks very classy with his shirts with sleeves. At least he is not wearing those ridiculous capris. Sleeveless and capris.. now that's an outfit that has nothing to do with tennis.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 03:29 AM

Yawn...and there is some futures going on in Europe

babbette
08-11-2009, 03:32 AM
that's everyone else, but all your threads have nothing to do with tennis. just what nadal is wearing, how he looks, blah blah blah.
aww well sorry to disapoint you but even though you aren't correct, (not all of the threads I start are about what he is wearing and he looks and blah blah) I don't always feel like opening threads like all the others here just so it could end up with he's the goat, he's doing drugs, ban, buttpicker, 15 slams, blah blah blah. After reading all the other threads around here that consist of that, sometimes I feel like something on a lighter note. :)

anyways...

Nadal returns with a victory in doubles over Djokovic

The number two way stop with Francisco Roig The Spanish duo was based on its effectiveness in the first service to achieve victory

The Majorcan DEBUT ON WEDNESDAY THIS CATEGORY INDIVIDUAL
Nadal returns with a victory in doubles over Djokovic
EUROPA PRESS. Montreal (Canada) 11/08/09 - 03:03.

Rafa Nadal overcame a first round of doubles in the table with Francisco Roig in the 1000 Canada Masters, which takes place in Montreal, after defeating the pair formed by Serbia and Dusan Vemic Novak Djokovic by 7-5 and 6-4.

The Spanish duo were imposed on Serbia in just over an hour of game

Nadal Roig and the couple were imposed on Serbia in just 1 hour and 9 minutes thanks to its better effectiveness in the first service (73 percent) and in few opportunities to win the 'break' that were granted.

The Spanish pair needed two service breaks in the first manga to win by 7-5, while the second arrived in the eighth game without a 'break', but in the ninth, and Francisco Roig Nadal managed to break the service of its rivals and move to the second round.

Roig and will face Nadal in the second round of the table doubles against Belarusian Max Mirnyi and Israeli Andy Ram before the shooting was released in the individual tournament on Wednesday.

Previously, David Ferrer and Tommy Robredo also had passed the first round by defeating Michael Llodra of France Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and by 7-6 (6), 1-6 and 10-8.

Two months after
Nadal returned to the slopes after two months of absence due to their discomfort in the knee. The manacorí, absent from the circuit since last May 31 to fit the Swedish Robin Soderling its first defeat at Roland Garros after 31 consecutive wins, goes to Montreal, where he defends title but with serious doubts about his fitness and performance.

The Mallorcan comes onto the scene to take shape for the United States Open and the semifinals of the Davis Cup, two of his goals for this last stretch of the year.

Rafa Nadal overcame a first round of doubles in the table with Francisco Roig Canada in the 1000 Masters, which takes place in Montreal, after defeating the pair formed by Serbia and Dusan Vemic Novak Djokovic by 7-5 and 6-4.

The Spanish duo were imposed on Serbia in just over an hour of game

Nadal Roig and the couple were imposed on Serbia in just 1 hour and 9 minutes thanks to its better effectiveness in the first service (73 percent) and in few opportunities to win the 'break' that were granted.

The Spanish pair needed two service breaks in the first manga to win by 7-5, while the second arrived in the eighth game without a 'break', but in the ninth, and Francisco Roig Nadal managed to break the service of its rivals and move to the second round.

translated by google.

Grass_for_cows
08-11-2009, 08:27 AM
aww well sorry to disapoint you but even though you aren't correct, (not all of the threads I start are about what he is wearing and he looks and blah blah) I don't always feel like opening threads like all the others here just so it could end up with he's the goat, he's doing drugs, ban, buttpicker, 15 slams, blah blah blah. After reading all the other threads around here that consist of that, sometimes I feel like something on a lighter note. :)

anyways...

translated by google.

Thanks for the article. Google translation is always hilarious. "The Spanish Duo were imposed on Serbia."

Grass_for_cows
08-11-2009, 08:28 AM
And what's he doing on the slopes this Francisco Roig Nadal, and however did he get out of the first manga?

sureshs
08-11-2009, 08:29 AM
I once posted here that sleeveless shirt offers better freedom of movement for Nadal in his topspin action. He started having problems once he went to conventional shirts.

Grass_for_cows
08-11-2009, 08:39 AM
It's settled. Unless Nadal goes back to sleeveless, all of Federer's slams are tainted.

CCNM
08-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Right. Because wearing sleeveless shirts are for children. Athletes, or muscular people should never wear sleeveless.

Here I'll turn it around.

"Man he's wearing polos again? I really thought he would ditch the arrogant snob gear..."

Do you see the problem with these kinds of statements?
I like the sleeves-I think they make him look more mature.

Gorecki
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM

:)

enough of the characters to comply with the dumb rule!

JoshDragon
08-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Come on guys. Nadal is wearing polos because he wants to wear polos. Nike is not the bad guy, it's Nadal's decision. It's not like they put a gun to his head and said "Wear these or else."

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM

Quite pimp, I enjoyed Nadal's sleeveless look anyways. He looked very badass. The sleeves look just kinda frightened me

Blade0324
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Sleveless is a bad look for Nadal. It shows arrogance from Nike. Rafael Nadal never wore sleveless until Nike told him to. Rafael Nadal is a classy person, but that sleeveless look makes him look like a thug.

Go away troll