PDA

View Full Version : Nadal is back baby!

sureshs
08-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Even injuries cannot prevent this champion from winning
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=Ah3_.vqJZN6bxY9s8AhAZys4v7YF?slug=reu-menmasters_pix&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Nadal’s knees survive first test in Montreal
14 hours, 36 minutes ago

By Steve Keating

MONTREAL, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal’s tender knees passed their first test when the Spaniard returned to action on Monday in a doubles win at the Montreal Masters.

Sidelined for more than two months with tendonitis in both knees, Nadal looked fit and showed no signs of pain as he teamed up with coach Francisco Roig to beat Serbian duo Novak Djokovic and Dusan Vemic 7-5 6-4.

“It’s great to be back and I had a lot of fun playing with Francisco,” Nadal told reporters. “A win is a win and doubles is fun and important so I am happy about the way it went today.

“I am really looking forward to playing singles on Wednesday.”

It was a positive first step in what is expected to be a testing comeback for the 23-year-old Spaniard, who opens defence of this Montreal crown with a second round clash against either compatriot David Ferrer or Serb Viktor Troicki.

BoomerangX
08-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy!

Serendipitous
08-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Hooray! :):)

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 08:22 AM
You know the most hilarious thing is he is still playing doubles despite knee injuries.

bolo
08-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Vaaaaaaaaaaamooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos,

First Montreal.........then the World. :)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Even injuries cannot prevent this champion from winning

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=Ah3_.vqJZN6bxY9s8AhAZys4v7YF?slug=reu-menmasters_pix&prov=reuters&type=lgns

14 hours, 36 minutes ago

By Steve Keating

MONTREAL, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal’s tender knees passed their first test when the Spaniard returned to action on Monday in a doubles win at the Montreal Masters.

Sidelined for more than two months with tendonitis in both knees, Nadal looked fit and showed no signs of pain as he teamed up with coach Francisco Roig to beat Serbian duo Novak Djokovic and Dusan Vemic 7-5 6-4.

“It’s great to be back and I had a lot of fun playing with Francisco,” Nadal told reporters. “A win is a win and doubles is fun and important so I am happy about the way it went today.

“I am really looking forward to playing singles on Wednesday.”

It was a positive first step in what is expected to be a testing comeback for the 23-year-old Spaniard, who opens defence of this Montreal crown with a second round clash against either compatriot David Ferrer or Serb Viktor Troicki.

Injuries already have stopped him, impressive win in the doubles though, but single is a lot tougher than double

Terr
08-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Injuries already have stopped him, impressive win in the doubles though, but single is a lot tougher than double

You're absolutely right. Though I'm very glad to have Rafa back on tour, I am tentative about the outcome of his first singles match tomorrow. Singles is - after all - a little more challenging.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 08:27 AM
You're absolutely right. Though I'm very glad to have Rafa back on tour, I am tentative about the outcome of his first singles match tomorrow. Singles is - after all - a little more challenging.
No doubt

10 char

drakulie
08-11-2009, 08:51 AM
You know the most hilarious thing is he is still playing doubles despite knee injuries.

yeah, what I find very telling is the following quote:

"Nadal looked fit and showed no signs of pain"

Of course, I'm fairly certain the *******s here will say the reporter is lying, and that Nadal was actually in terrible pain, and looked horrible, yet was still mentally strong enough to get past all that to win.

maximo
08-11-2009, 08:52 AM

I find it even more hilarious that you're still not on your 2 week vacation.

Serendipitous
08-11-2009, 08:52 AM
The reporter is lying. Nadal was actually in terrible pain, and looked horrible, yet was still mentally strong enough to get past all that to win.

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:01 AM

Of course, I'm fairly certain the *******s here will say the reporter is lying, and that Nadal was actually in terrible pain, and looked horrible, yet was still mentally strong enough to get past all that to win.

Stop putting words in other people's mouths.

backhand winner
08-11-2009, 09:08 AM
The reporter is lying. Nadal was actually in terrible pain, and looked horrible, yet was still mentally strong enough to get past all that to win.
What a warrior this guy is. :lol:

GasquetGOAT
08-11-2009, 09:09 AM
14 hours, 36 minutes ago

It was a positive first step

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/bn4769/rafa.jpg

bruce38
08-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Now if he luckily wins the tournament, oh wow I win, I felt so lucky, I was playing my best no? Despite my broken knees. Give me a fricking break. This guy is so damn fake.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I find it even more hilarious that you're still not on your 2 week vacation.

You do realize strike #2 is permanent right? If you constantly harass me like this that's what you will receive :(

Aabye
08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Now if he luckily wins the tournament, oh wow I win, I felt so lucky, I was playing my best no? Despite my broken knees. Give me a fricking break. This guy is so damn fake.

He is not still injured. He is rusty. There is a difference. Rust goes away with match play, injury doesn't.

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:22 AM

When did Nadal break his knees? Both of them? Man that's some bad luck.

-.-

P_Agony
08-11-2009, 09:24 AM

I agree, especially with all the preemptive excuses he gave for losing Montreal.

"I am injured, no? So if I beat everyone I am big fighter, no? And if I lose I have good excuse, no? For sure"

mandy01
08-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Good for him and his fans.

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah. *cough* mono.

bruce38
08-11-2009, 09:54 AM
When did Nadal break his knees? Both of them? Man that's some bad luck.

-.-

Right after the Soderling match. Then apparently they miraculously healed themselves for the Hewitt exhibition after which they returned to their broken state. Strange things are knees.

DarthMaul
08-11-2009, 09:57 AM

LOL :):):):)

DarthMaul
08-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Great job by Nadal. Welcome back.

veritech
08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah. *cough* mono.

i don't think federer himself ever blamed anything on mono.

sureshs
08-11-2009, 10:04 AM

I always knew he was overstating the issue. He was shattered after the FO and his parents separation and did not want to lose in Wimbledon.

drakulie
08-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah. *cough* mono.

yeah, you make a great point, especially considering the fact that fed has made now 20+ straight semi finals, and has never withdrawn from a slam where he is a defending champion because of an illness/injury/less than 100%, like Nadal did this year at wimbledon. Heck, I don't think he has ever withdrawn from a any slam.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 10:08 AM
yeah, you make a great point, especially considering the fact that fed has made now 20+ straight semi finals, and has never withdrawn from a slam where he is a defending champion because of an illness/injury/less than 100%, like Nadal did this year at wimbledon. Heck, I don't think he has ever withdrawn from a any slam.
He hasnt, he even played the match til the end vs Djokovic in AO 08.

Tongueincheek
08-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Im on my knees praying for his to hold up .. love the idea of him playing A-Rod or some other smoking hot player of ours at the Open .

Terr
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM

Hey, aren't you the roids guy?

FedFan_2009
08-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Another ridiculous over the top thread by a ******-****. Will he be here on Friday when ****** gets eliminated?

sureshs
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey, aren't you the roids guy?

Assteroids or haemorrhoids?

Terr
08-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Another ridiculous over the top thread by a ******-****. Will he be here on Friday when ****** gets eliminated?

Of course he will be. The *******s will all be conspiring new ways to make up excuses for their favourite player.

I will retreat to my Autumn mansion to sip tea and eat biscuits. Wait it out. That's my plan.

Terr
08-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Assteroids or haemorrhoids?

Why is it that asteroids are in the hemisphere and haemerroids are in your ass?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I had to.

rafan
08-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I always knew he was overstating the issue. He was shattered after the FO and his parents separation and did not want to lose in Wimbledon.

I think you are right. He looked exhausted then

sureshs
08-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Why is it that asteroids are in the hemisphere and haemerroids are in your ass?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I had to.

Are asteroids in the hemisphere? Sorry, didn't get the joke.

Dilettante
08-11-2009, 11:08 AM
You do realize strike #2 is permanent right? If you constantly harass me like this that's what you will receive :(

C'mon, he PWNED you with that answer. I had a good laughter.

Give that at least.

Terr
08-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Are asteroids in the hemisphere? Sorry, didn't get the joke.

Bad joke. *shuffles feet*

sureshs
08-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Bad joke. *shuffles feet*

Your apology is accepted.