PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about polys????

roddickslammer
08-11-2009, 09:41 AM
I currently use Genesis Spin X in the mains with prince synthetic gut in the crosses, but I am starting to think that I might as well just use a 17l or an 18g multi in the mains and a 17 g multi in the crosses in reels and I will have just as much spin with better feel and less money..... Any Thoughts? Is this what you do, or do you think a polys works better.

nickarnold2000
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
You need to have good racket head speed and hit with serious topspin to take advantage of the extra spin polys can give you. If you don't notice the difference then save your cash(and potential arm problems later) and use something else.

Supracool94
08-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Its been said that polys allow one to hit shots in, that would normally go long with other types of string. You are suppose to get more spin and control with polys.

CHOcobo
08-11-2009, 10:23 AM
you have to be a very experienced player to bring out the full potential of polys. don't waste your money on it if you're not. and i heard it promotes tennis elbow if your technique is off.

Supracool94
08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
you have to be a very experienced player to bring out the full potential of polys. don't waste your money on it if you're not. and i heard it promotes tennis elbow if your technique is off.

You are correct, polys are known for tennis elbow. If you try the newer generation co-polys, they are easier on the elbow!

dadozen
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
3rd generation co-polys are much softer and easier on the arm than previous ones.

Also, polys don't move on the racquet, which is a big plus for some people. The feeling is totally different as well, some people love it, some hate it.

stanfordtennis alum
08-11-2009, 11:36 AM
poly's offer: control, spin, durability
many offer power, feel and comfort and that is where hybrids come into play... used a nice soft multi with a poly and u'll love it :)