PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody ever wish Nadal would just speak his opinions?

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Lately we've seen Federer being honest and pretty blunt on some topics (Jankovic, Djokovic retiring...again at AO) but everytime Nadal is questioned about some of these, it almost seems like he's putting up a front. Of course it's what we want to hear, Neutrality, but it doesn't sound genuine, almost as if Nadal really wants to say his REAL opinion but can't, lest he face serious criticism from the media who tore Fed up for the same thing and ridicule from some pretty cruel users on this board (but he wouldn't care about the latter) but frankly I wouldn't mind hearing Nadal's opinion on certain matters. Anyone else agree?

Terr
08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Lately we've seen Federer being honest and pretty blunt on some topics (Jankovic, Djokovic retiring...again at AO) but everytime Nadal is questioned about some of these, it almost seems like he's putting up a front. Of course it's what we want to hear, Neutrality, but it doesn't sound genuine, almost as if Nadal really wants to say his REAL opinion but can't, lest he face serious criticism from the media who tore Fed up for the same thing and ridicule from some pretty cruel users on this board (but he wouldn't care about the latter) but frankly I wouldn't mind hearing Nadal's opinion on certain matters. Anyone else agree?

I personally would rather he didn't. He ought to save himself the trouble since no one can actually understand him anyway.

Maybe that's why he's not very open about these things. His English is hardly up to the same standards at Federer.

It does get annoying, but when it comes down to it, I don't want to hear his opinions, I want to watch him play. :D

bruce38
08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
This will never happen. Nadal has been brainwashed from his childhood to always show false modesty no matter what the situation. It's engrained.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 08:57 AM

I was just waiting for a thread like this, GREAT thread! He speaks like a machine, never his own words, always Uncle Tonis, i mean the guy is 23 years old, ok that he cant speak English that well but at least try! And give ur own opinions once in a while, everyone would respect that.

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 08:57 AM
I don't even mean just for english press conference, even spanish interviews he remains the same.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 08:58 AM
This will never happen. Nadal has been brainwashed from his childhood to always show false modesty no matter what the situation. It's engrained.
Totally agree

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I don't even mean just for english press conference, even spanish interviews he remains the same.

Perhaps he's just a little shy about these things. And there's always the fact that it's his uncle there's that 'respect your elders' thing going on.

I understand neutrality is important. And no one wants to get in trouble or have their words taken out of context, but you're right. I do wish he'd open up. Stop acting like such a machine. Be his own man. If only every once in a while.

He's seems like such a small town boy the way he acts now. Perhaps some fans respect this image. But it can't be healthy for him in the long run.

mandy01
08-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Well..first off its the fans(mostly Nadal-gang) not the media per say who tore Federer apart.
Secondly-Its not necessary but I much prefer honesty.I like to hear an athlete's opinion.It just feels nice to see top-notch stars being themselves.
I remember Roger saying after FO ( I think) -"I always wanted to be a good role model.But I couldnt fake my way through ten years" or something along those lines.And I like it.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Perhaps he's just a little shy about these things. And there's always the fact that it's his uncle there's that 'respect your elders' thing going on.

I understand neutrality is important. And no one wants to get in trouble or have their words taken out of context, but you're right. I do wish he'd open up. Stop acting like such a machine. Be his own man. If only every once in a while.

He's seems like such a small town boy the way he acts now. Perhaps some fans respect this image. But it can't be healthy for him in the long run.

Wow! A person can be shy, but for 5 years?? Former world no1? Why would he be shy?? "respect for the elders"?? NO. If my uncle was my coach i would have less respect for him than for a coach i didnt know from the beginning. He is so extremely boring its a pain looking at his press-conferences and read his "so called statements".

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Well..first off its the fans(mostly Nadal-gang) not the media per say who tore Federer apart.
Secondly-Its not necessary but I much prefer honesty.I like to hear an athletes opinion.It just feels nice to see top-notch stars being themselves.
I remember Roger saying after FO ( I think) -"I always wanted to be a good role model.But I couldnt fake my way through ten years" or something along those lines.And I like it.

You know who is a good role model? The shirtless Chinese guy wearing dress shoes with a cigarette in one hand and a lasso flick 1HBH I saw today.

That guy doesn't have to fake. He's badass.

-.-

I wanted to slice him right into the baseline.

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Wow! A person can be shy, but for 5 years?? Former world no1? Why would he be shy?? "respect for the elders"?? NO. If my uncle was my coach i would have less respect for him than for a coach i didnt know from the beginning. He is so extremely boring its a pain looking at his press-conferences and read his "so called statements".

He he. I guess you're right. Though I can honestly say I don't listen to a single word Nadal says. It's just too much hard work. I feel like he works as hard spewing words out as he does running around the court.

mandy01
08-11-2009, 09:10 AM
You know who is a good role model? The shirtless Chinese guy wearing dress shoes with a cigarette in one hand and a lasso flick 1HBH I saw today.

That guy doesn't have to fake. He's badass.

-.-

I wanted to slice him right into the baseline.
You always take the extremes , dont you? Being yourself dosent mean engaging in vices and being a 'badass'
You can be nice and still not sound fake,but genuine and honest.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 09:13 AM
He he. I guess you're right. Though I can honestly say I don't listen to a single word Nadal says. It's just too much hard work. I feel like he works as hard spewing words out as he does running around the court.
You are absolutely right on that one

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:15 AM
You always take the extremes , dont you? Being yourself dosent mean engaging in vices and being a 'badass'
You can be nice and still not sound fake,but genuine and honest.

I was joking about the Chinese guy.

See the memo at the end that said I wanted to kill him?

If by some strange stroke of fate, I see Federer doing this, he would no longer be a good role model either.

mandy01
08-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I was joking about the Chinese guy.

See the memo at the end that said I wanted to kill him?

If by some strange stroke of fate, I see Federer doing this, he would no longer be a good role model either.
fair enough.Its all good :D

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
fair enough.Its all good :D

By the way! It's not racist if I'm Chinese, in China and surrounded by Chinese people that act this way.

Shouldn't there be some rule about drugging/leather shoes on hardcourt surfaces?

rommil
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM

So if Nadal suffers another big loss he will start taping his tongue, have countless press conference and then will withdraw from countless tournaments due to glossitis.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 09:25 AM
So if Nadal suffers another big loss he will start taping his tongue, have countless press conference and then will withdraw from countless tournaments due to glossitis.
Lol:)

10 char

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Ugh, someone just cut the man's tongue out. He doesn't need it anyway. His girlfriend's going to leave him when she realises he has no opinions.

GameSampras
08-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Id always wished we would see a little edge to Nadal. And one thing is missing is personal rivalries.. That would make the nadal-fed rivalry all the more better. Something that has really been lacking over the years. It seems Uncle Toni is usually the one opening up about Various topics while Nadal just kind sits there.

Its kind of like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Id always wished we would see a little edge to Nadal. And one thing is missing is personal rivalries.. That would make the nadal-fed rivalry all the more better. Something that has really been lacking over the years. It seems Uncle Toni is usually the one opening up about Various topics while Nadal just kind sits there.

Its kind of like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.

Agree. "His tongue didnt get through coustedy"

rommil
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Ugh, someone just cut the man's tongue out. He doesn't need it anyway. His girlfriend's going to leave him when she realises he has no opinions.

He can use it as a vibration dampener for his Babolat Aero pro Drive....

mandy01
08-11-2009, 09:31 AM

Its kind of like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. Still annoyed with Toni's remarks on Sampras,are we? :lol:

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 09:32 AM
As in a Mcenroe-Borg-ish rivalry? Yes that would be pretty bomb but I donm't mind the current state of the Fed-Nadal rivalry.

GameSampras
08-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Still annoyed with Toni's remarks on Sampras,are we? :lol:

And he left out many greats.. So toni's opinion doesnt hold much water since he doesnt even seem to know who some of the real all time greats are like Pancho, Rosewall, Laver etc.

And Sampras a second tier GOAT? LOL..

And the guy is so biased he is actually putting Nadal amongst them as if Nadal has really developed THAT KIND OF CAREER for himself yet.

And he put Borg at number 2 of all time? huh?

FedFan_2009
08-11-2009, 09:35 AM
How outspoken was Federer at 23? I recall his outspoken-ness really began later on.

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:35 AM
He can use it as a vibration dampener for his Babolat Aero pro Drive....

Well he'd have to paint it with Babolat stripes or something.

I think he's contracted to use their dampeners too. :P

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:36 AM
How outspoken was Federer at 23? I recall his outspoken-ness really began later on.

Yeah, he did get more outspoken as his career progressed and his trophy collection got bigger.

But he was never a machine.

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 09:39 AM
And he left out many greats.. So toni's opinion doesnt hold much water since he doesnt even seem to know who some of the real all time greats are like Pancho, Rosewall, Laver etc.

And the guy is so biased he is actually putting Nadal amongst them as if Nadal has really developed THAT KIND OF CAREER for himself yet.

What did uncle toni say? Please elaborate. And putting Sampras in the 2nd tier of GOATs is ridiculous btw.

mandy01
08-11-2009, 09:39 AM
But thats also when people started wanting his opinion,his take.Besides,had he said what he does now without backing himself up,it would've been truly arrogant.

rommil
08-11-2009, 09:41 AM

It doesn't have to be necessarily blunt. Rafa just comes out as cheesy and trite. And his statements to deflect pressure from himself is getting a bit old. He is a top ranked world class athlete, speak with confidence and get your point across in a matter of factly way.

rommil
08-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Well he'd have to paint it with Babolat stripes or something.

I think he's contracted to use their dampeners too. :P

They will sell them here at TW and Veronique, Babbette , TheTruth and Nadal_Freak and some other *******s will scoop them up........................oh wait they don't play tennis.

Terr
08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
It doesn't have to be necessarily blunt. Rafa just comes out as cheesy and trite. And his statements to deflect pressure from himself is getting a bit old. He is a top ranked world class athlete, speak with confidence and get your point across in a matter of factly way.

Woooooooord

GameSampras
08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
What did uncle toni say? Please elaborate. And putting Sampras in the 2nd tier of GOATs is ridiculous btw.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marca.com%2F2009%2F03%2F23% 2Ftenis%2F1237811799.html&lp=es_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Yea.. Uncli Phony the Dictator really doesnt know his tennis history too well. Borg at #2 of all time and Pete a 2nd tier GOAT? LOL.. Hell he doesnt even list Agassi in any of the 3 tiers.

FIRST LEVEL
1. Roger Federer
2. Bjorn Borg
3. Rod Laver

SECOND LEVEL
1. Pete Sampras
2. John McEnroe
3. Jimmy Connors
4. Ivan Lendl

THIRD LEVEL

Nadal..

SO essntially Nadal is already 3rd tier at only 23 years old.. And Agassi who has already finished his career, with 8 slams the career slams, masters titles galor, and longevity doesnt even make the third level with Nadal?

The guy is a clown and totally clueless in regards to the history of the game.. Guys like him should just keep his mouth shut.

Wheres Rosewall?? Wheres Pancho? Wheres Tilden? ANYWHERES??

mandy01
08-11-2009, 09:46 AM
^Wait..where's Agassi?Is this some kind of a joke? Looks like he named the players off the top of his head

Bud
08-11-2009, 09:51 AM

I was just waiting for a thread like this, GREAT thread! He speaks like a machine, never his own words, always Uncle Tonis, i mean the guy is 23 years old, ok that he cant speak English that well but at least try! And give ur own opinions once in a while, everyone would respect that.

Totally agree

Did he not speak his mind about Gasquet failing his drug test? Perhaps these other issues aren't really that important in his life. I doubt he cares what a few people on TT, who aren't his fans, think of his opinions, anyhow. If he want's to remain neutral and uncontroversial about certain subjects, that's his right and it should be respected.

Come on people, go troll somewhere else :oops:

~ZoSo~
08-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Secondly-Its not necessary but I much prefer honesty.I like to hear an athlete's opinion.It just feels nice to see top-notch stars being themselves.

Maybe fed is being genuine when he throws bottles at ballkids and getting his *** handed to him causes the mask to slip

GameSampras
08-11-2009, 09:54 AM
^Wait..where's Agassi?Is this some kind of a joke? Looks like he named the players off the top of his head

Nowheres to be found at all.. Yet he puts Nadal name down. :-?

And I guess Pancho, Rosewall, and Tilden do not even exist

And Yet he will put Borg as Number 2 of all time, and put Sampras in his 2nd tier? Hows this possible?

mandy01
08-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Maybe fed is being genuine when he throws bottles at ballkids and getting his *** handed to him causes the mask to slip One incident of racquet smashing after years? And no he didnt throw bottles at
the ballkids.He didnt get his *** handed to him either.

sureshs
08-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Nadal is not an arrogant guy like Federer. For the men's GOAT to say that Jankovic does not deserve to be #1 was very shallow. It would be like Roddick saying that women serve slower than him. It is obvious, but saying it reveals a state of mind which is interfering and gloating about other's failures.

namelessone
08-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Is this really a issue? Nadal is a pretty reserved guy in public,and that includes his press conferences.It's sad to see some of the opinions posted here.Brainwashed by Tony? LOL,Nadal owes Tony his whole career,including the famous hand change because the guy noticed early on he had more power on the left side.Nadal's whole philosophy about tennis comes from his uncle and it is this balanced view on the world including tennis that has had major paybacks for Nadal.

Have any of you actually watched or read a tony interview? The guy strikes me as a true mentor for Nadal.You have to understand that Toni made Nadal the way he is today and that he realises that he can no longer control the guy because he is no longer a kid.Discipline doesn't mean brainwashing.
Nadal is way more loose among his circle of friends.Go watch the videos on youtube of him,Moya and other south american players playing winning eleven on playstation.He seems like a normal kid to me.

I don't believe he puts up a front.This is the mentality he learned from Toni.Every match can be tough(or taff as he says) and you must approach it with concentration,not to mention knowing the fact that you can lose at any time.Nadal and Toni say the same things because the two have spent a lot of time together ever since Nadal was small and his uncle's way of thinking about tennis is ingrained into him.

I think many of you are put off by Nadal because he doesn't let people in.Outside of his matches,there is nothing remarkable about him.As I have said he seems like a normal teenager to me.A very wealthy,very famous teenager but still a teenager.No scandals,not arrogant statements,nothing outside of tennis related issues.
Add to that the fact that he doesn't speak English very well and you have a guy who seems like an introvert,but is actually that only around the press and tennis world.He seems to cringe more in press conferences than in the matches because on the court he knows what to do.In the after match interview reports poke and prod him to get some "scandalous" statements but the guy doesn't like to talk about his competitors much.
Also I don't see what the problem is with his statements over Federer.He feels that Fed is better than him and his uncle says so too.And guess what,he is right.He has realised how much work it takes just to win 6 Slams and he is playing against a guy who has won 15.It's not modesty,it's reality,and it's respect shown towards Federer.

How can anyone think anything bad about Rafa after the way he comforted his rival in the AO final? If that's not genuine I don't know what is.

pound cat
08-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Nadal has been outspoken acout these topics when he was #1...being #1 obviously gets more people listening to you,

1)The ATP schedule repeatedly

2) Giving Gasquet the benefit of the doubt when he was initially charged re:drugs.

No, he doesn't criticize other players' ..he's too polite for that, or make excuses for losing matches...he's too honest to do that.

mandy01
08-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Nadal is not an arrogant guy like Federer. For the men's GOAT to say that Jankovic does not deserve to be #1 was very shallow. It would be like Roddick saying that women serve slower than him. It is obvious, but saying it reveals a state of mind which is interfering and gloating about other's failures.
Maybe its fair when women want equal prize money yet fail to deliver in slams.

All-rounder
08-11-2009, 10:01 AM
So its arrogant to speak your mind instead of having cards to read off of from uncle toni

mandy01
08-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Nadal has been outspoken acout these topics when he was #1...being #1 obviously gets more people listening to you,

1)The ATP schedule repeatedly

2) Giving Gasquet the benefit of the doubt when he was initially charged re:drugs.

No, he doesn't criticize other players' ..he's too polite for that, or make excuses for losing matches...he's too honest to do that.

bolded part-which is baseless criticism and solely revolving around himself.
He does make excuses..both pre-emptive and post loss.

namelessone
08-11-2009, 10:04 AM

Look,women don't deserve equal pay but is Roger a part of the WTA?
If Roger says something, then it should be about the ATP cause that is his workplace.

rommil
08-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Arrogance, confidence.....these words could mean differently to different people. If you say you live in a trailer, than can be construed as arrogant to a homeless person. We have to consider where they are from too....Swiss people can be more direct I guess where Spaniards are more melodramatic, tendency to be more trite. They are world class athelete like I said and seem to have very well adjusted parents. Why haven't we heard Federer's colleagues say he is arrogant? Maybe to a person like your level of perspective he is arrogant.

~ZoSo~
08-11-2009, 10:05 AM

I mean... You know... Sometimes the best player usually doesnt always win... You know

Bud
08-11-2009, 10:06 AM
So its arrogant to speak your mind instead of having cards to read off of from uncle toni

Read post #41 :roll:

settolove
08-11-2009, 10:06 AM

Nadal has been very outspoken about the ATP schedule, the new drug testing regime and it being unfair that Gasquet could lose his career for kissing a girl in a club... I guess he doesn't have opinions on anything else.

mandy01
08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
If Roger says something, then it should be about the ATP cause that is his workplace. First off he didnt take a shot at JJ..This where people got it wrong.He merely expressed his disappointment with the way the rankings work sometimes.

GameSampras
08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Is this really a issue? Nadal is a pretty reserved guy in public,and that includes his press conferences.It's sad to see some of the opinions posted here.Brainwashed by Tony? LOL,Nadal owes Tony his whole career,including the famous hand change because the guy noticed early on he had more power on the left side.Nadal's whole philosophy about tennis comes from his uncle and it is this balanced view on the world including tennis that has had major paybacks for Nadal.

Have any of you actually watched or read a tony interview? The guy strikes me as a true mentor for Nadal.You have to understand that Toni made Nadal the way he is today and that he realises that he can no longer control the guy because he is no longer a kid.Discipline doesn't mean brainwashing.
Nadal is way more loose among his circle of friends.Go watch the videos on youtube of him,Moya and other south american players playing winning eleven on playstation.He seems like a normal kid to me.

I don't believe he puts up a front.This is the mentality he learned from Toni.Every match can be tough(or taff as he says) and you must approach it with concentration,not to mention knowing the fact that you can lose at any time.Nadal and Toni say the same things because the two have spent a lot of time together ever since Nadal was small and his uncle's way of thinking about tennis is ingrained into him.

I think many of you are put off by Nadal because he doesn't let people in.Outside of his matches,there is nothing remarkable about him.As I have said he seems like a normal teenager to me.A very wealthy,very famous teenager but still a teenager.No scandals,not arrogant statements,nothing outside of tennis related issues.
Add to that the fact that he doesn't speak English very well and you have a guy who seems like an introvert,but is actually that only around the press and tennis world.He seems to cringe more in press conferences than in the matches because on the court he knows what to do.In the after match interview reports poke and prod him to get some "scandalous" statements but the guy doesn't like to talk about his competitors much.
Also I don't see what the problem is with his statements over Federer.He feels that Fed is better than him and his uncle says so too.And guess what,he is right.He has realised how much work it takes just to win 6 Slams and he is playing against a guy who has won 15.It's not modesty,it's reality,and it's respect shown towards Federer.

How can anyone think anything bad about Rafa after the way he comforted his rival in the AO final? If that's not genuine I don't know what is.

I do agree.. Hes done wonders for Nadal.. Except maybe with his scheduling.

But just dont ask Toni About GOAT candidates and where to place them is all

mandy01
08-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I mean... You know... Sometimes the best player usually doesnt always win... You know...the fifth set..you left out that bit.And he said something along the similar lines when he WON Wimbledon 2007.He openly called himself lucky and said how much Nadal deserved it as well.
And didnt Nadal say something similar at the FO? I believe it even triggered off a bit of a reaction from Soderling.

rommil
08-11-2009, 10:10 AM

Please tell yourself, your parents, your community, your teachers a very good job on you. Well done.....

fps
08-11-2009, 10:14 AM

very good post. it's interesting that many people think being opinionated and outspoken is the definition of having personality. rafa clearly enjoys being amongst his friends, press conferences not so much. why should his respect for other people be construed as a front to truer, nastier feelings!?

nor do i remember federer being particularly outspoken at 23. djokovic got hammered for taking on a spokesman status for the game at a young age. rafa clearly has a fierce competitive drive complemented by a lovely nature. is that not enough?

mandy01
08-11-2009, 10:16 AM
very good post. it's interesting that many people think being opinionated and outspoken is the definition of having personality. rafa clearly enjoys being amongst his friends, press conferences not so much. why should his respect for other people be construed as a front to truer, nastier feelings!?

nor do i remember federer being particularly outspoken at 23. Nobody is forcing him to be what he dosent want to be.But we're allowed to say what we like to see and what we dont.Its not wrong-it just dosent fit into some peoples' tastes.Plain and simple.

goyeji
08-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Another thread showing Nadal haters in panic mode. The class and humble restrain of Nadal in his interviews is driving them mad surely. The thought of Nadal entering a tournament remotely healthy strikes fear into hearts. Add the resurgent Djokovic factor to that - no wonder the tennis hating crowd is panicking.

namelessone
08-11-2009, 10:19 AM

The ATP schedule is something a lot of players don't have the balls to complain about.I think it is the only proffesional sport where you only have 1 month and a bit as an off-season.Add to that the fact that almost 50% of tournaments are played on the worst surface for players bodies,HC,and you get the picture.Why are more and more players playing with pains,retiring more,having tapes on parts of their legs or knees? Obviously Nadal was thinking of himself first when he was saying this but I don't think he is lying about players having some injuries because of the schedule.

I can understand why you would think having low expectations for Montreal are pre-emptive excuses but please give me an exact quote for a post-match excuse from Nadal.It is a case of people over-analyzing,just like with Federer.If player x,regardless of game, says they felt they played bad then they are accused of not giving credit to the opponent but people forget than pro's analyze their games first and only after that do they talk about the opponent.I think many people over-react when pro's state some facts.If Nadal says he played short or if Fed said he kind of gave away the fifth set(in AO I think),it's their opinion and people shouldn't nitpick so much.Nadal felt that if he didn't play short he would have had a chance against Soderling just like Fed feels that if he would have served better he would have beat Rafa.

I don't believe that if a pro stated what he believes is a reality,it comes off as an excuse.But hey,that's just me.

Blinkism
08-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Another thread showing Nadal haters in panic mode. The class and humble restrain of Nadal in his interviews is driving them mad surely. The thought of Nadal entering a tournament remotely healthy strikes fear into hearts. Add the resurgent Djokovic factor to that - no wonder the tennis hating crowd is panicking.

I got the gut feeling that Djokovic will win this tournament, or make the final at the very least.

Can't say the same for Nadal, though.

flyinghippos101

I'm not hating at all, just wondering why Nadal is kinda passive on certain matters. I don't condone haters for any player, unlike yourself.

rommil

Bwahahhahah .....panic? resurgent? Tell me why haven't we seen you at Comedy Central yet..........

GameSampras
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM

Im sorry man.. But Nadal just doesnt scare me during this course of the end of the year where he performs his worst. There a re few players at the USO who have the game to take Nadal out there.. Maybe Im wrong,, Maybe Nadal will surprise us all but the USO is still where Nadal is at his worse.. Its been a monkey on his back his whole career. His game is more neutralized there

You may be a right... But a resurging Djoker? There is no proof of that surely at this point as Djoker begins to sink deeper in his world of mediocrity. He hasnt done crap all year and has underperformed left and right aside from madrid. And there is no proof that Djoker is going to just magically restore his early to mid 08 form. Hes not the most mentally tough cat out there

~ZoSo~
08-11-2009, 10:25 AM
...the fifth set..you left out that bit.And he said something along the similar lines when he WON Wimbledon 2007.He openly called himself lucky and said how much Nadal deserved it as well.
And didnt Nadal say something similar at the FO? I believe it even triggered off a bit of a reaction from Soderling.

What did he say?

mandy01
08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
The ATP schedule is something a lot of players don't have the balls to complain about.I think it is the only proffesional sport where you only have 1 month and a bit as an off-season.Add to that the fact that almost 50% of tournaments are played on the worst surface for players bodies,HC,and you get the picture.Why are more and more players playing with pains,retiring more,having tapes on parts of their legs or knees? Obviously Nadal was thinking of himself first when he was saying this but I don't think he is lying about players having some injuries because of the schedule.

I can understand why you would think having low expectations for Montreal are pre-emptive excuses but please give me an exact quote for a post-match excuse from Nadal.It is a case of people over-analyzing,just like with Federer.If player x,regardless of game, says they felt they played bad then they are accused of not giving credit to the opponent but people forget than pro's analyze their games first and only after that do they talk about the opponent.I think many people over-react when pro's state some facts.If Nadal says he played short or if Fed said he kind of gave away the fifth set(in AO I think),it's their opinion and people shouldn't nitpick so much.Nadal felt that if he didn't play short he would have had a chance against Soderling just like Fed feels that if he would have served better he would have beat Rafa.

I don't believe that if a pro stated what he believes is a reality,it comes off as an excuse.But hey,that's just me.

First part-He never really gives a reasonable solution other than whinning .
There are also far more players who do better on HC than clay and grass hence the large number of tournaments.He should also know,that tennis dosent generate as much money as other sports and its hard to maintain these natural surfaces.

Second part-As I said its not his low expectations its his constantly putting himself in the position of an underdog-esp.at the slams.His putting others as favourites that annoys me-and his saying he's not 100%,or how Roger is the favourite and still winning the damn thing.
Rest of it-I just pointed out that if what Federer says after a loss can be called as excuses I can easily call Nadal's words excuses too.

mandy01
08-11-2009, 10:28 AM
What did he say? He said something like "I would never say that " .But there is no love lost between the two so I wouldnt be surprised if Soderling took it personally for no reason.

Mkie7
08-11-2009, 10:29 AM

Agreed.... Let the players be themselves and not say what fans wanna hear.

~ZoSo~
08-11-2009, 10:31 AM
He said something like "I would never say that " .But there is no love lost between the two so I wouldnt be surprised if Soderling took it personally for no reason.

Would would he never say? Whats the 1st part?

mandy01
08-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Would would he never say? Whats the 1st part?
He was told that Nadal had said that the outcome would've been different had he been playing his best tennis.This is what Soderling reacted to.He just said "I would never say that".Thats it.

Mkie7
08-11-2009, 10:38 AM
If Roger says something, then it should be about the ATP cause that is his workplace.

If Roger can't talk about WTA... I guess all of us who are not a part of ATP can't talk about ATP or WTA. Its not our work place either. Hmmmm... lets talk about pugs and how cute they are.

namelessone
08-11-2009, 10:45 AM
If Roger can't talk about WTA... I guess all of us who are not a part of ATP can't talk about ATP or WTA. Its not our work place either. Hmmmm... lets talk about pugs and how cute they are.

Nah man,it's not any of his business,that's all.We are fans,we can talk about whatever we want.These guys are pro's and they should show some restraint when talking about fellow pro's,even if they are women.What does Roger have to do with the WTA? Does he play there? Sure it's the same sport,but it is on the women's side.Fed doesn't know the WTA realities like he knows the ATP ones so his comments should be more reserved.It's not that he can't give an opinion on the matter but the thing with jankovic being a sucky nr.1(although I agree with him),not having a slam,is not cool,especially since they are colleagues in some way.

Oh,and what are pugs?

goyeji
08-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I got the gut feeling that Djokovic will win this tournament, or make the final at the very least.

Can't say the same for Nadal, though.

I have a pretty good feeling about both Nadal and Djokovic, and surely I am not the only one. No wonder they got crammed into the same half of the draw. No Nadal-Djokovic final for the fans this time.

goyeji
08-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm not hating at all, just wondering why Nadal is kinda passive on certain matters. I don't condone haters for any player, unlike yourself.

I would not condone haters for any player, I can assure you. I watch tennis, not players. Your original post reeks of bias against Nadal and fear also. He handles his interviews just fine, unlike some other players.

CCNM
08-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I respect Rafa, but sometimes I think he's saying what the media/his team wants him to say and not what he's really thinking.

goyeji
08-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Im sorry man.. But Nadal just doesnt scare me during this course of the end of the year where he performs his worst. There a re few players at the USO who have the game to take Nadal out there.. Maybe Im wrong,, Maybe Nadal will surprise us all but the USO is still where Nadal is at his worse.. Its been a monkey on his back his whole career. His game is more neutralized there

You may be a right... But a resurging Djoker? There is no proof of that surely at this point as Djoker begins to sink deeper in his world of mediocrity. He hasnt done crap all year and has underperformed left and right aside from madrid. And there is no proof that Djoker is going to just magically restore his early to mid 08 form. Hes not the most mentally tough cat out there

Sure, Montreal is the bad time of year for Nadal. He is only the defending champion! And Djokovic hasn't done crap all year? Have you counted his titles and finals from the beginning of the year? Except for the temporary lapse mid-year, hardly a poor performance, although we know he can and will do better.

Serendipitous
08-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Sure, Montreal is the bad time of year for Nadal. He is only the defending champion! And Djokovic hasn't done crap all year? Have you counted his titles and finals from the beginning of the year? Except for the temporary lapse mid-year, hardly a poor performance, although we know he can and will do better.

Hey man, how are you today? :D

maximo
08-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Nadal is genuine.

Vamos!

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 11:41 AM
First off he didnt take a shot at JJ..This where people got it wrong.He merely expressed his disappointment with the way the rankings work sometimes.

The ATP tour is seperate and is a totally different tour to the WTA, Federer had no business talking about Jankovic.

Serendipitous
08-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Nadal is genuine.

Vamos!

Time for bed, you rascal. :)

goyeji
08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey man, how are you today? :D

I have just never been better!

maximo
08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Time for bed, you rascal. :)

Huh??

Why do you speak of a rapper!?

http://i25.tinypic.com/9i910h.jpg

"You made me cross, Serendipitous!"

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I would not condone haters for any player, I can assure you. I watch tennis, not players. Your original post reeks of bias against Nadal and fear also. He handles his interviews just fine, unlike some other players.

Hypocrisy comes natural to you I see...

goyeji
08-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Hypocrisy comes natural to you I see...

Yes I was just thinking the same thing about you. Except, I am more nice and intelligent and didn't say it to you.

shaysrebelII
08-11-2009, 12:09 PM

I would imagine Sampras is too busy shining his 14 grand slam trophies to be worried about what biased idiots have to say about his GOAT status haha. ;)

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes I was just thinking the same thing about you. Except, I am more nice and intelligent and didn't say it to you.

nice and intelligent? Yep, and Fox News is "Fair and Balanced". Enough of your blind fanaticism, retreat back to your cave where you're welcome to think its 2008 when your gods Nadal and Djokovic were raking in the titles. Your posts have no value to this or any discussion on these boards, considering you enjoy inciting flame wars.

goyeji
08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
nice and intelligent? Yep, and Fox News is "Fair and Balanced". Enough of your blind fanaticism, retreat back to your cave where you're welcome to think its 2008 when your gods Nadal and Djokovic were raking in the titles. Your posts have no value to this or any discussion on these boards, considering you enjoy inciting flame wars.

Wow, I only suggested that your post was a little biased (and it was), and the civility flies right out of the window. What "blind fanaticism" and "flame wars"? You must be referring to your own style. The RG/W 09, the slumps and injuries are over, finished, you might as well "go back to your cave", as you put it.

Nadal's interviews are fine, that's all I said basically. At least it was a comment that added value to the useless thread you started.

jamesblakefan#1
08-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Huh??

Why do you speak of a rapper!?

"You made me cross, Serendipitous!"

Except Seredipitous actually spelled rascal right. Unlike you w/ your "ludacris" gaffe. :lol:

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Wow, I only suggested that your post was a little biased (and it was), and the civility flies right out of the window. What "blind fanaticism" and "flame wars"? You must be referring to your own style. The RG/W 09, the slumps and injuries are over, finished, you might as well "go back to your cave", as you put it.

Nadal's interviews are fine, that's all I said basically. At least it was a comment that added value to the useless thread you started.

Yet you continue to post on my so very useless thread... Your attempts to play "helpless victim" is pathetic. Unless you dig up my posts where I make serious jabs at Nadal and start flame wars then your accusations are baseless.

goyeji
08-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Except Seredipitous actually spelled rascal right. Unlike you w/ your "ludacris" gaffe. :lol:

At least maximo spelled "Serendipitous" correctly. What utter irony and shame.:oops:

jamesblakefan#1
08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
At least maximo spelled "Serendipitous" correctly. What utter irony and shame.:oops:

An obvious typo, and you point it out like the troll that you are. Why don't you and maximo go make out in a corner or something, your bromance is sickening. :oops:

All-rounder
08-11-2009, 12:30 PM
since when did spelling matter on forums. Were not in school its the holidays get out and do something

Serendipitous
08-11-2009, 12:31 PM
since when did spelling matter on forums. Were not in school its the holidays get out and do something

Spel ling duznt mattur ohn da forumz.

jamesblakefan#1
08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
delete post...

jamesblakefan#1
08-11-2009, 12:35 PM

It doesn't matter, just a joke I made on maximo for his spelling of 'ludicrous' 'ludacris' like the rapper. All in fun.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2116/2970113528_b5e6e647b8_o.jpg

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 12:37 PM
What user are people saying goyeji is? A former troll banned?

Serendipitous
08-11-2009, 12:37 PM

gj011

He was the best poster of all time according to JeMar and vtmike. :D:D

All-rounder
08-11-2009, 12:38 PM
OK since its maximo then its all good lool :)

All-rounder
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
gj011

He was the best poster of all time according to JeMar and vtmike. :D:D
were is vtmike?? is he permanently banned

Serendipitous
08-11-2009, 12:41 PM

I have no idea. :(

goyeji
08-11-2009, 12:44 PM

Yes tell that to troll#1 who has made a career of harrassing maximo all over the boards over a typo that was made a long time ago.

Tiberius
08-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes tell that to troll#1 who has made a career of harrassing maximo all over the boards over a typo that was made a long time ago.

Are you maximo's guardian angel?

jamesblakefan#1
08-11-2009, 12:49 PM

goyeji is gj011.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=23284

After gj011 was banned, he returned as shouldretire, which resulted in another banning for multiple user accounts.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=53424

backhand winner
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
People can't find any bad things on what Nadal says so they resort to Nadal is not being truthful. It's funny what people will do to put someone down they don't like because he beats their hero.

Nadalfan89
08-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Haha now people are complaining that he isn't arrogant enough.

It gets more ridiculous every day!

Tiberius
08-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Haha now people are complaining that he isn't arrogant enough.

It gets more ridiculous every day!

Are you trying to say your conclusion is >>> Speaking his opinions = Being arrogant?

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 02:31 PM

Hello. I think the Djokovic factor is non existent. He's consistently owned by Roddick and Haas, and lost to Kohlschrieber who sucks on clay. Sorry.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Hello. I think the Djokovic factor is non existent. He's consistently owned by Roddick and Haas, and lost to Kohlschrieber who sucks on clay. Sorry.

Djokovic on top form takes out Roddick and Haas no problem.

veritech
08-11-2009, 02:35 PM

djokovic's top form hasn't been seen since the beginning of 2008. where did it go; has anyone seeen it?

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 02:36 PM

Djokovic on top form is not taking out Roddick on his best form, especially on grass where he sucks.

And as veritech says, Djokovic's top form can be attributed to the fact of the absence of any great players in his path. I mean, an ill Federer really doesn't count to be honest.

Nadalfan89
08-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Are you trying to say your conclusion is >>> Speaking his opinions = Being arrogant?

No but you seem to think that because he's being humble, he isn't expressing his true feelings. Can't someone just be modest?

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 02:39 PM
No but you seem to think that because he's being humble, he isn't expressing his true feelings. Can't someone just be modest?

True elite athletes that are successful are rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely modest. In fact, the true nature of an athlete is to be self-centered. It's just the way professional sports is (in an individual based sport that is).

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Djokovic on top form is not taking out Roddick on his best form, especially on grass where he sucks.

Grass is the only surface where Roddick could take out confident Djokoivc on hardcourts Djoker wins most of the time and on clay Djoker feeds him a bagle.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Grass is the only surface where Roddick could take out confident Djokoivc on hardcourts Djoker wins most of the time and on clay Djoker feeds him a bagle.

Hahaha, that's pretty funny considering Djokovic beat maybe 2 top 20 players on his road to his two SF at the FO.

In fact, Djokovic's Rome title was gifted to him when both Federer and Nadal were knocked out, Wawrinka choked, he had a walkover, etc. That was a train wreck of a tournament.

And I doubt Djokovic could take Roddick at the USO on his best form. In 2008, Djokovic was playing some of the best tennis of his life, and still barely managed to get past Roddick in the QF of the USO, a period of time when Roddick was playing terrible tennis compared to what he is playing now.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Hahaha, that's pretty funny considering Djokovic beat maybe 2 top 20 players on his road to his two SF at the FO.

In fact, Djokovic's Rome title was gifted to him when both Federer and Nadal were knocked out, Wawrinka choked, he had a walkover, etc. That was a train wreck of a tournament.

And I doubt Djokovic could take Roddick at the USO on his best form. In 2008, Djokovic was playing some of the best tennis of his life, and still barely managed to get past Roddick in the QF of the USO, a period of time when Roddick was playing terrible tennis compared to what he is playing now.

Djoker causes Nadal plenty of problems on clay so yeah he would destroy Roddick on clay, the USO match last year Djoker destroyed Roddick the first 2sets and then lost his way but still ended up winning in 4.

bolo
08-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Djoker causes Nadal plenty of problems on clay so yeah he would destroy Roddick on clay, the USO match last year Djoker destroyed Roddick the first 2sets and then lost his way but still ended up winning in 4.

On clay it's really no contest between djoker and roddick. Djoker's a bigger talent than roddick.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 02:52 PM

That is a biased view of the match. Djokovic clearly won the first 2 sets, but did not "destroy" him. In fact, Roddick was routing him until he clearly choked near the end of the 4th.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 02:53 PM
On clay it's really no contest between djoker and roddick. Djoker's a bigger talent than roddick.

So talented that he has yet to do anything this year. In fact, I'm nearly 100% sure Roddick is going to pass Djokovic in the rankings this year, and Del Potro might do it also.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 02:54 PM

Agreed. Djoker hits the ball better off both wings, is a better athlete and returns better. Roddick has a better serve and is a better competitor.

bolo
08-11-2009, 02:55 PM
So talented that he has yet to do anything this year. In fact, I'm nearly 100% sure Roddick is going to pass Djokovic in the rankings this year, and Del Potro might do it also.

should be interesting to see. I am eager to see where Roddick will end up by the end of year. I liked the groundgame roddick showed in the final of wimbledon.

Cesc Fabregas

Djokovic has had a mixed year but is still comfortabley ahead in the rankings which says alot.

bolo
Agreed. Djoker hits the ball better off both wings, is a better athlete and returns better. Roddick has a better serve and is a better competitor.

summed it up nicely Cesc.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Djokovic has had a mixed year but is still comfortabley ahead in the rankings which says alot.

Only because the TMC. He is certainly not going to defend it this year. He's going to lose 1500 points easily. Not to mention he has to defend all his North American HC points, and he totally almost got beat by a crap opponent today.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 02:58 PM

You clearly have never seen Roddick at his best. He has a better forehand than Djokovic.

CountryHillbilly
08-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Only because the TMC. He is certainly not going to defend it this year. He's going to lose 1500 points easily. Not to mention he has to defend all his North American HC points, and he totally almost got beat by a crap opponent today.

North American HC points from Cinci and Montreal have already been taken out. Djokovic is still 2000 points ahead of Roddick w/o Cinci and Mont.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:01 PM
North American HC points from Cinci and Montreal have already been taken out. Djokovic is still 2000 points ahead of Roddick w/o Cinci and Mont.

500 if you subtract TMC points. You and me know he's not going to defend that, unless he gets another miracle of a tournament where everyone eliminates the top dogs and then you have someone like Davydenko choke in the final.

bolo
Lol Nam just removed the post where he said djokovic almost totally lost to Polansky, even though djokovic beat him in straight sets.

pound cat
Agree. "His tongue didnt get through coustedy"

Whats coustedy???

Is that like when one of the parents gets to be the main caregiver of the children?

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:02 PM
You clearly have never seen Roddick at his best. He has a better forehand than Djokovic.

I would say Djoker has a better forehand, Djoker has some techical issues with his forehand sometime (to do with weight transfer) but Roddick's forehand is abit overrated, sure he when he flattens it out he can hit winners but his depth isn't really impressive and if coughs up a few short balls.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Lol Nam just removed the post where he said djokovic almost totally lost to Polansky, even though djokovic beat him in straight sets.

First of all, Polansky was up 3-0 in the first set, and totally had the second set in his pocket too had he not choked. It easily could have been Polansky straight setting Djokovic. You should try and get your facts straight.

bolo
08-11-2009, 03:03 PM

did that forehand last for a year? obviously roddick couldn't keep it up. Djokovic has a better forehand, a forehand useful for all surfaces and the far superior backhand.

NamRanger
I would say Djoker has a better forehand, Djoker has some techical issues with his forehand sometime (to do with weight transfer) but Roddick's forehand is abit overrated, sure he when he flattens it out he can hit winners but his depth isn't really impressive and if coughs up a few short balls.

Watch Roddick vs Safin AO 2004 QF and tell me Djokovic's forehand is better.

bolo
First of all, Polansky was up 3-0 in the first set, and totally had the second set in his pocket too had he not choked. It easily could have been Polansky straight setting Djokovic. You should try and get your facts straight.

Yeah an easy straight setter for polansky that djokovic took in 2. It's like you have never watched a tennis match go up and down before.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Watch Djoker AO 08.

NamRanger
did that forehand last for a year? obviously roddick couldn't keep it up. Djokovic has a better forehand, a forehand useful for all surfaces and the far superior backhand.

Roddick couldn't keep it up because he made the worst decision of his life by hiring the dumbest coaches I have ever seen in professional tennis, who absolutely ruined his game.

NamRanger
Yeah an easy straight setter for polansky that djokovic took in 2. It's like you have never watched a tennis match go up and down before.

Easy straight setter? Right. A straight setter that lasted over 2 hours, where Polansky had Djokovic down in each set. Did you even watch the match?

CountryHillbilly
08-11-2009, 03:05 PM
500 if you subtract TMC points. You and me know he's not going to defend that, unless he gets another miracle of a tournament where everyone eliminates the top dogs and then you have someone like Davydenko choke in the final.

Of course he won't.

Still, there is plenty of tournies to play until then.

NamRanger
Watch Djoker AO 08.

So beating mono Federer, green Tsonga, and a bunch of nobodies qualifies you to have a great forehand? Awesome.

bolo
Easy straight setter? Right. A straight setter that lasted over 2 hours, where Polansky had Djokovic down in each set. Did you even watch the match?

lol. I never said it was an easy straight setter for djokovic. Stop making stuff up.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:07 PM
So beating mono Federer, green Tsonga, and a bunch of nobodies qualifies you to have a great forehand? Awesome.

Well he beat Federer in a slam something Roddick has never done and in straight sets, we have been here before its not like Roddick has a great list of names he has beaten at slams.

NamRanger
lol. I never said it was an easy straight setter for djokovic. Stop making stuff up.

It could have easily been Polansky straight setting Djokovic considering he was up 3-0 in the first, had double BP at 4-3, and had multiple chances to win the second (lots of BP chances and had chances in the TB).

bolo
Nam if you slowed down for a second and read posts more carefully people wouldn't have to waste 70% their time correcting you.

NamRanger
Well he beat Federer in a slam something Roddick has never done and in straight sets, we have been here before its not like Roddick has a great list of names he has beaten at slams.

Beating a Federer with mono is a great achievement.

Roddick's list of names include Ferrero, Nalbandian, Ljubicic, Henman, etc. These are far more successful overall players than the ones Djokovic have beaten in his slam (with the exception of an ill Federer).

bolo
08-11-2009, 03:08 PM
It could have easily been Polansky straight setting Djokovic considering he was up 3-0 in the first, had double BP at 4-3, and had multiple chances to win the second (lots of BP chances and had chances in the TB).

How is that equivlaent to me supposedly having said that it was an easy straight setter for djokovic? I never said it. You obviously imagined it in your haste to respond. lol.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:10 PM
How is that equivlaent to me supposedly having said that it was an easy straight setter for djokovic? I never said it. You obviously imagined it in your haste to respond. lol.

You obviously implied that Djokovic had no trouble dismissing Polansky when that's not the truth. Polansky could have easily beaten Djokovic today in straights, and he's ranked world #225.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Beating a Federer with mono is a great achievement.

Roddick's list of names include Ferrero, Nalbandian, Ljubicic, Henman, etc. These are far more successful overall players than the ones Djokovic have beaten in his slam (with the exception of an ill Federer).

Federer was fine, if he had mono there is no way in hell he could reach a slam semi.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Federer was fine, if he had mono there is no way in hell he could reach a slam semi.

Federer had mono whether you would like to admit it or not. Even if he did not have mono, it was quite obvious that he was ill with something. He was sick, period.

If Roddick had that luck, he'd have 2 slams by now.

bolo
08-11-2009, 03:12 PM
You obviously implied that Djokovic had no trouble dismissing Polansky when that's not the truth. Polansky could have easily beaten Djokovic today in straights, and he's ranked world #225.

Nope just your imagination. I was just laughing at your statement that it could have been an easy victory for polansky, when it was djokovic who ended up winning in 2.

You see how that's funny right?

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Federer had mono whether you would like to admit it or not. Even if he did not have mono, it was quite obvious that he was ill with something. He was sick, period.

Djokovic took him down in straights it wasn't some flukey 5 set win, it was convincing.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Djokovic took him down in straights it wasn't some flukey 5 set win, it was convincing.

Yup, beating a sick Federer is such an awesome feat. Get over it. If Federer wasn't sick, than Sampras wasn't hurt when he lost to Rafter or Ygaza.

bolo
08-11-2009, 03:14 PM

Totally took down fed's forehand in CC forehand rallies. I have only seen djokovic do that to federer, in that match and IIRC in the other 3 setter on hard courts djokovic won before the 08 U.S. open.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Nope just your imagination. I was just laughing at your statement that it could have been an easy victory for polansky, when it was djokovic who ended up winning in 2.

You see how that's funny right?

Up 3-0 in the first, 4-3 with double BP, and had all the chances in the world in the 2nd set to win that one also. This could have easily been a victory for Polansky had he held his nerve. That was the only reason why Djokovic won today.

It's not my imagination. You act as if Djokovic had no trouble in dismissing Polansky when in truth he was in a bad position in both sets.

bolo
08-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Up 3-0 in the first, 4-3 with double BP, and had all the chances in the world in the 2nd set to win that one also. This could have easily been a victory for Polansky had he held his nerve. That was the only reason why Djokovic won today.

Hard to believe polansky couldn't hold his serve versus the no. 4 player in the world. What's polansky's rank again?

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Totally took down fed's forehand in CC forehand rallies. I have only seen djokovic do that to federer, in that match and IIRC in the other 3 setter on hard courts djokovic won before the 08 U.S. open.

Exactly. Djokovic has proved he can beat Federer on a consistant basis something Roddick has never been able to do.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Hard to believe polansky couldn't hold his serve versus the no. 4 player in the world. What's polansky's rank again?

Hard to believe the World #4 nearly lost to the World #225.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Exactly. Djokovic has proved he can beat Federer on a consistant basis something Roddick has never been able to do.

If I'm not mistaken it's 7-4 for Federer. How is that "consistent" again?

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Yup, beating a sick Federer is such an awesome feat. Get over it. If Federer wasn't sick, than Sampras wasn't hurt when he lost to Rafter or Ygaza.

If you're going down that root, Federer's French Open and Wimbledons this year were a fluke because his draws were a joke.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:19 PM
If you're going down that root, Federer's French Open and Wimbledons this year were a fluke because his draws were a joke.

So were Sampras' draws at Wimbledon and certain USO wins. In fact, we can discount both his AO wins where all of his opponents sucked.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken it's 7-4 for Federer. How is that "consistent" again?

Since 2007 where he became a top player, Djokovic has a 4-2 h2h.

bolo
08-11-2009, 03:20 PM

Yep roddick can barely handle backhand to backhand rallies with fed. He wouldn't dare challenge federer in forehand to forehand rallies.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:21 PM

We can discount 1 due to mono.

We can discount 2 more due to Federer's slump.

We can continue to play the theoretical game if you wish.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:21 PM
So were Sampras' draws at Wimbledon and certain USO wins. In fact, we can discount both his AO wins where all of his opponents sucked.

Sampras beat Courier at the 94 AO better than anything Federer beat this year.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Sampras beat Courier at the 94 AO better than anything Federer beat this year.

Courier was well past his prime in 94. Don't even try to argue that one.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:23 PM
We can discount 1 due to mono.

We can discount 2 more due to Federer's slump.

We can continue to play the theoretical game if you wish.

So we can take away Roddicks wins against Federer? in Miami last year Federer was in a slump and in 03 Federer was pre prime so Roddick has a 0-19 record against Federer.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:24 PM
So we can take away Roddicks wins against Federer? in Miami last year Federer was in a slump and in 03 Federer was pre prime so Roddick has a 0-19 record against Federer.

I still subtracted about 8 slams from Sampras. Actually I could subtract two more if I wanted to.

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Courier was well past his prime in 94. Don't even try to argue that one.

No he wasn't he got to the semis at both Australia and RG.

zagor
08-11-2009, 03:27 PM

You mean since 2008? It's 3-2 fo Novak since then.

If we go since 2007,then it's 5-4 for Fed.

In 2007 it's 3-1 for Fed,in 2008 it's 2-1 for Fed and in 2009 it's 2-0 for Novak.

NamRanger
No he wasn't he got to the semis at both Australia and RG.

Lol, Courier's prime lasted 2 years. It was from 92-93. 94 he was already going down hill.

BTW, Courier ended 13 in 94. So yes, he's past his prime at that point.

Cesc Fabregas
I still subtracted about 8 slams from Sampras. Actually I could subtract two more if I wanted to.

Federer's 2 most impressive slam results where against Nadal playing in his 4th ever grass tournament and injured Nadal, yeah impressive. :rolleyes:

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Federer's 2 most impressive slam results where against Nadal playing in his 4th ever grass tournament and injured Nadal, yeah impressive. :rolleyes:

What, legendary Agassi doesn't count?

Cesc Fabregas
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
What, legendary Agassi doesn't count?

Well could argue all night but it is pointless, im off to bed good night.

NamRanger
08-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Well could argue all night but it is pointless, im off to bed good night.

Sign of the defeated.

Courier in his prime in 94.

Can't even get H2Hs right.

Awesomeness.

flyinghippos101
08-11-2009, 05:07 PM

Hell, watch this years Wimbledon. It wasn't too shabby.

Mkie7
08-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Nah man,it's not any of his business,that's all.We are fans,we can talk about whatever we want.These guys are pro's and they should show some restraint when talking about fellow pro's,even if they are women.What does Roger have to do with the WTA? Does he play there? Sure it's the same sport,but it is on the women's side.Fed doesn't know the WTA realities like he knows the ATP ones so his comments should be more reserved.It's not that he can't give an opinion on the matter but the thing with jankovic being a sucky nr.1(although I agree with him),not having a slam,is not cool,especially since they are colleagues in some way.

Oh,and what are pugs?

Well.... I guess I prefer people to be and say what they mean. I have a thing about pretenders. Restraint is a different story. I don't think Fed. said that Jankovic sucked. He must have responded to a question about being number 1 without a slam.

What ever it is... I've always enjoyed, Federer, Roddick and even Djokovic interviews. You get more out of them instead of the usual answers.... He played great, I played great and we are all happy... you know what I mean.

Its ok... we can disagree. :) Pugs are lil' cute wrinkly dogs,

Terr
08-11-2009, 10:10 PM

:( I don't think that's very fair.

I know that women's tennis and men's isn't the same. The ATP is always more consistent than WTA, but I think they work equally hard to get to the top. It isn't really the individual player's fault that their competition plays like puppies on roids.

And I think it's a great thing for women's rights, to start equal pay in such a high profile way. Hopefully it will set the standard worldwide and begin to trickle through into the average workplace.

P.S Jankovic sucks.

Sentinel
08-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Does anybody ever wish Nadal would just speak his opinions?

Heck no, I am happy listening to him parroting Uncle Tony's words.

Does anybody ever wish Nadal would just speak his opinions?

Hell no, never, who wants a male version of Serena in the ATP.

goyeji
08-11-2009, 10:12 PM

You should ask Tiberius. He might know a thing or two about that.:lol:

Mansewerz
08-11-2009, 10:23 PM

I could see that. I can also see that you are gj011 :lol:

rascaypica
08-12-2009, 02:22 AM

It is very funny, when one tell his thoughs, some people call him crying baby, etc (Ferando Alonso F1 Driver)

If he shut up and respect anyone keeping his thoughs, you call him false modesty....

The fact is everyone has to be critizised

Now, My answer is I would like people arent so politically correct.

maximo
08-12-2009, 02:24 AM

I'm very suspicious too.

Might have to look further into this matter...

Sentinel
08-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Frankly, i don't care what all of em - Federer/Nadal and the whole jing bang lot say (in terms of opinion).

I just go by their tennis.

Have you seen how even people like Borg, Edberg, Agassi, Sampras. JMac are criticised (here) for saying they think someone will win a slam, or is their favorite -- like they have no right to an opinion.

Cesc Fabregas
08-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Sign of the defeated.

Courier in his prime in 94.

Can't even get H2Hs right.

Awesomeness.

Not sign of defeated, I just got bored of owning you.

NamRanger
08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Not sign of defeated, I just got bored of owning you.

Sure, you mean how you got Federer and Djokovic's H2H wrong, and how you thought Courier ranked 13th was still in his prime.

Emelia21
08-12-2009, 02:58 PM

Poor,poor guy :cry: :cry:

Pseudonym
08-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Uncle Toni controls him.

We all know this.

cknobman
08-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Not sign of defeated, I just got tired of being owned by you.

There fixed your post and btw if you cant cant argue logically your wasting your time.

Pete was great and Roger is great, LET IT GO!!!!

P_Agony
08-13-2009, 06:02 AM

Uncle Tony is the master of mind games, and that is what Nadal does at interviews. Nadal should speak up his mind a bit more and Federer should speak a bit less.

aphex
08-13-2009, 06:17 AM
he is pretty vocal when it comes to anti-doping measures...

vocal against them, that is...

mandy01
08-13-2009, 06:19 AM
he is pretty vocal when it comes to anti-doping measures...

vocal against them, that is...
..more like whinning :lol:

rafan
08-13-2009, 06:32 AM
When you consider just how much the press/media/us can distort what players say - then no - stay as you are Rafa!

Terr
08-13-2009, 07:31 AM
I think it's funny how when you become top seeded, suddenly people are interested in your opinion on all kinds of matters.

I like to think that there are some topics even Roger doesn't really have an opinion on and wish people would just leave him alone about.

Everywhere I go I hear about these Nadal doping theories. Can someone link me to a thread where someone (drakulie if you must) has laid down some evidence please?

~ZoSo~
08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
I think it's funny how when you become top seeded, suddenly people are interested in your opinion on all kinds of matters.

I like to think that there are some topics even Roger doesn't really have an opinion on and wish people would just leave him alone about.

Everywhere I go I hear about these Nadal doping theories. Can someone link me to a thread where someone (drakulie if you must) has laid down some evidence please?

Yeah like you are going to get anything resembling evidence from him LMAO

CCNM
08-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Uncle Toni controls him.

We all know this.
Exactly!!!!