PDA

View Full Version : Poly/poly hybrid pl2/lux alu power rough?

forehand_barrage
08-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I have beeen hearing a lot of good things about Pl2 18. Mainly about its feel and comfort. So I am considering combining it with Luxilon ALU power rough to make a hybrid of Lux Alu rough/ PL2 18 to get extra feel and comfort out of Lux rough by adding PL2.Does this make sense to anybody, can someone comment on this hybrid and give me andvice since many people ridicule a poly/poly hybrid.

forehand_barrage
08-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Bump - anyone atleast have an opinion on this

murrmanfan13
08-14-2009, 05:02 AM
well poly poly is a great hybrid combo, but it is very stiff. i think the pl2/alu hybrid would actually be fantastic, because many people say pl2 feels like a synthetic/multi with the attributes of a poly. i would put kirschbaum in mains for the feel, but thats your choice. durability shouldnt be an issue.

forehand_barrage
08-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Thanks murmanfan13 its nice that you think this hybrid might work, most people on this forum ridicule poly/poly hybrid, you got anymore poly/poly suggestions?

murrmanfan13
08-14-2009, 07:31 AM
no problem, i dont see the point of ridiculing any type of hybrid, any combination is viable.

well what makes poly poly work is the combination of a soft/comfortable poly and a stiff poly. in my opinion, pl2/alu would probably be the best poly poly hybrid out there, but you could try msv hex, a soft comfy spin string, with PHT or any lux string. compared to pl2/lux, msv/lux will have slightly more spin, but probably less power and durability.