PDA

View Full Version : Whats you favorite Luxilon string?

forehand_barrage
08-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Just wanted to see what luxilon string is the most popular with players

vndesu
08-12-2009, 03:49 AM
i like alu roughs but just to darn expensive for me

forehand_barrage
08-12-2009, 03:57 AM
ALU Rough = overall best playing luxilon :)

murrmanfan13
08-12-2009, 06:58 AM
yeah alu rough is pretty much the best luxilon string, and some would say the best string.

Big Tigger
08-12-2009, 07:16 AM
I say TiMo - but it lasts nothing!

Tipsy
08-12-2009, 07:43 AM
I only recently discovered Luxilon strings after being a life long Tecnifibre user. Now I can't get enough of Luxilon strings, they are the best out there in my opinion. Of all the different types of Luxilon sting I have to say that my favourite is the TiMo string. So much control and feel, which I crave in my game.

MarrratSafin
08-12-2009, 07:57 AM
M2 thus far, it's almost as good as ALU for pure baseline drilling but it's all-round with much better feel and comfort. Drop shots with this string is just ridiculously easy. Tension maintenance is better than ALU too.

forehand_barrage
08-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Has anyone tried teh big banger 5-star if so what are your thoughts on this string, it seems liek i am the only person who voted for this

iJuMpS
08-12-2009, 09:20 AM
ALU rough because it has more control than the other luxilon strings

forehand_barrage
08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Any string that comes close to alu power rough but is significantly cheaper (maybe 1/2 the price of rough)

davidahenry
08-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Any string that comes close to alu power rough but is significantly cheaper (maybe 1/2 the price of rough)

Nope - I haven't found anything that comes close to the playability of freshly strung Alu Power Rough.

Take care.

DH

forehand_barrage
08-12-2009, 09:41 AM
What luxilon string performs best in a hybrid with natural gut (in your opinion)?

my preference alu power rough

davidahenry
08-12-2009, 09:44 AM
What luxilon string performs best in a hybrid with natural gut (in your opinion)?

I've never played with a Lux/Gut hybrid, but Rough works for Federer. (His is gut mains, Rough crosses.)

I like Alu Power Rough mains with Tecnifibre NRG2 crosses. But... I still prefer a full bed of Alu Power Rough over any hybrid.

Take care.

DH

dincuss
08-12-2009, 10:39 AM
original :D:D

iwanttowin
08-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I like the alu rough

ag200boy
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I play better with original rough, but ALU rough feels much better.

nadalfan4life
08-12-2009, 11:20 AM

I use ALU Power Rough on the main and Wilson sensation 16g on the cross.

forehand_barrage
08-12-2009, 08:26 PM
No support for the big banger rough? :)

chaddles
08-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I use the Rough on the mains and NXT on the crosses @ 58lb on my Speedport 03 Black - great control but unfortunately am getting a sore arm from the racquet at the moment which is disappointing cause I love the feel of the rough.

Will try dropping the tension down on the rough, and maybe even switch up the combo to have the NXT in the mains and rough on the crosses when I restring it this weekend to see what it goes like.

tlm
08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I like the alu flouro the best.

forehand_barrage
08-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Alright somebody has just voted for big banger rough. atleast one vote for luxilon string now. :)

mooimabear
08-14-2009, 06:15 AM
alu rough ftw!
those strings are just so damn addicting. full bed, freshly strung, you can just feel the string grinding that tennis ball as you rip the forehand down the line or bomb that serve down the t! but they go dead fast and are expensive :[
unfortunately there isn't another string like the alu rough, they feel dead in comparison (at least in my opinion)

forehand_barrage
08-14-2009, 07:10 AM
On string forum teh big banger ace is rated higher in almost every cateagory than alu rough however when you actually play with them alu rough seems to be clearly superior.

quest01
08-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Whats better ALU rough or tecnifibre black code?

drgreenthumb
08-14-2009, 03:19 PM
I would like to get someone's opinion on the ALU Power "Spin"? Thanks

Booyah
08-14-2009, 06:30 PM
luxilon bbo. feels great. alu power is second on my list.

forehand_barrage
08-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Whats better ALU rough or tecnifibre black code?

I have tried both and feel that alu rough is clearly superior when freshly strung, again thats my opinion.

quest01
08-14-2009, 11:18 PM
I have tried both and feel that alu rough is clearly superior when freshly strung, again thats my opinion.

Which string has more power between black code and rough? Also which has more spin?

forehand_barrage
08-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Spin: Black code
Power: black code
Control: alu rough
Tension maintenance: ALU rough
Feel: Black code (although many prefer the feel of alu rough better)
Comfort: black code

Howerer Alu rough is a better string overall

davidahenry
08-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Spin: Black code
Power: black code
Control: alu rough
Tension maintenance: ALU rough
Feel: Black code (although many prefer the feel of alu rough better)
Comfort: black code

Howerer Alu rough is a better string overall

Interesting analysis.

For me, Alu Power Rough is my favorite string and the one I use exclusively. The spin I get with it is incredible, so it is hard for me to believe that Black Code (which I have not tried) helps you generate more spin.

Also... All Lux strings (including Alu Power Rough) are infamous for losing tension rather quickly. If Alu Power Rough gets the nod over Black Code in the Tension Maintenance category, then Black Code must really suck when it comes to maintaining tension. (I get about five hours of great play out of Alu Power Rough before it starts the playability starts to fade. I guess I'd get even less with Black Code. :-))

Take care.

DH

forehand_barrage
08-15-2009, 05:42 AM
I felt black code gave better spin for maybe teh first 1 hr or 2 hrs, after that the pentagonal strings became normal after hard hitting, the edges became rounded, after that the spin potential isnt noticeable.

I noticed that in a full bed black code lost tension quicky and became unplayable after 4 hrs, the lux alu rough is atlest playable after the 4 hrs, however i noticed that black code in the mains and x-1 in the crosses gave extended playability time after the initial tension loss of the black code, at first i gave into the black code hype by truly believeing it was better than alu rough, but after i tried the black code, i realized how superior alu rough was.

Howver black code did give a lot more comfort compared to alu rough, which was sort of pleasant since black code was a poly

innoVAShaun
08-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Out of all the Lux I've used here's my ranking order:

1) TiMO
2) Alu Flouro
3) Alu Power Rough
4) Alu Power
5) Ace

TiMO isn't as stiff and resilient. It has the same performance as the Alu's. The 17 guage Alu Flouro just feels much better on the arm compared to her 16 guage sisters. Ace was just too thin and the the ping felt so awkward.

davidahenry
08-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I felt black code gave better spin for maybe teh first 1 hr or 2 hrs, after that the pentagonal strings became normal after hard hitting, the edges became rounded, after that the spin potential isnt noticeable.

I noticed that in a full bed black code lost tension quicky and became unplayable after 4 hrs, the lux alu rough is atlest playable after the 4 hrs, however i noticed that black code in the mains and x-1 in the crosses gave extended playability time after the initial tension loss of the black code, at first i gave into the black code hype by truly believeing it was better than alu rough, but after i tried the black code, i realized how superior alu rough was.

Howver black code did give a lot more comfort compared to alu rough, which was sort of pleasant since black code was a poly

Interesting. Thanks for the additional input. I have a free set of Black Code on its way (USRSA free sample), so if I'll string it up and give it a try.

Take care.

DH

STi
08-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Not that much love for the fluoro. I liked it more than the alu power rough although not too much more.

yoh4u
08-15-2009, 05:54 PM
BB ALU(not rough) 16l ^_^