PDA

View Full Version : Which group of tennis-fans are the most knowledgeable and fair?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Simple question...tough answer...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 04:34 AM
No one...??

maximo
08-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Certainly not the Federer fans i can assure you.

dragonfire
08-12-2009, 04:45 AM
the common tennis fan that watches anything are the most knowledgeable.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 04:55 AM
the common tennis fan that watches anything are the most knowledgeable.
Not the most knowledgeable,but maybe the most fair? Id say the most knowledgeable might be the Sampras-fans because if u r a fan of Pete you probably have been around for quite a while and have seen champs come and go, i get the impression for example that lots of Nadals fans (kids) started to watch tennis at last years Wimbleon or this years AO...Based on some of their statements.

Wolland
08-12-2009, 05:05 AM
And where are Hewitt's 'Fanatics'?:)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Are u a Hewitt-fan? Sorry then, i went with the top 4,the old GOAT, and,the common tennis-fan and then the rest:)

zagor
08-12-2009, 05:07 AM
Milos Raonic fans seem to be most fair(and knowledgable)here.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Milos Raonic fans seem to be most fair(and knowledgable)here.
How so?

10 char

wyutani
08-12-2009, 05:12 AM
lefty fans.

Wolland
08-12-2009, 05:26 AM
Are u a Hewitt-fan? Sorry then, i went with the top 4,the old GOAT, and,the common tennis-fan and then the rest:)

Nope. My favourite players are Henin (well used to be), Djokovic, Roger and Murray.

Roger's fans are okay, I guess. I don't remember them behaving in bad way during matches. You know, it's very hard to group tennis fans. This is not football. I'm not sure, but I think that tennis fans are not organised as football ones. When they start a fight or something, it's almost always organised in advance. And when it comes to tennis, I have a feeling that people just go with the flow. Everything is on the individual level.

batz
08-12-2009, 05:35 AM
I can tell you what you want to hear TMOP - that Roger's fans are just the most informed fans in the world m'kay. And did I mention that Roger is the greatest? I've heard it said he can fly and is currently finalising his plan to combat global warming before being crowned Emperor of The Known Universe.

Or I can tell you what really think - daft question. Any responses would be largely conjecture.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 05:37 AM
I can tell you what you want to hear TMOP - that Roger's fans are just the most informed fans in the world m'kay. And did I mention that Roger is the greatest? I've heard it said he can fly and is currently finalising his plan to combat global warming before being crowned Emperor of The Known Universe.

Or I can tell you what really think - daft question. Any responses would be largely be conjecture.
You should start boxing, get ur frustrations out.
I said i think the Sampras-fans are the most knowledgeable, im assuming this, i do not know.

CountryHillbilly
08-12-2009, 05:40 AM
I said i think the Sampras-fans are the most knowledgeable, im assuming this, i do not know.

Yeah, perhaps the most knowledgable since they watched tennis for a long time.

LOL 2 people voted for DJokofans

batz
08-12-2009, 05:42 AM

Good for you. Doesn't make the question any less daft though.

I'm going to say Alex Bogdanovic has the most kowledgeable fans.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 05:45 AM

Yes, that was my argument.

zagor
08-12-2009, 05:46 AM
How so?

10 char

Well they just seem like a bunch of fair and knowledgable tennis fans to me.

TheMagicianOfPrecision

I didnt say it did.
How so? explenation?

zagor

Bogo has fans?!?

TheFifthSet
08-12-2009, 05:47 AM

The greatest thing the Djoker did, was convince the world his fans didn't exist. :D

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Well they just seem like a bunch of fair and knowledgable tennis fans to me.
Okey.....:confused:

zagor
08-12-2009, 05:49 AM

They're just so fair...and knowledgable about tennis.

CountryHillbilly
08-12-2009, 05:50 AM

You dont' understand the argument.

It goes like this:

Statement A: My dog speaks English.

Now, I dont have a dog, therefore the statement A is true. QED

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 05:53 AM
You dont' understand the argument.

It goes like this:

Statement A: My dog speaks English.

Now, I dont have a dog, therefore the statement A is true. QED
Aaah ok...how clever:neutral:

batz
08-12-2009, 05:53 AM
I didnt say it did.
How so? explenation?

I have no explanation TMOP. I was being facetious. I honestly have no idea which player if any has the most knowledegable fans and can't think of any criteria that might be applied to answer the question.

I simply don't buy that the length of time watching tennis = increased knowledge and fairness (the argument that appears to be being made for Sampras fans).

Cheers.

CountryHillbilly
08-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Aaah ok...how clever:neutral:

It's elementary logic.

Raonic has no fans, therefore all his fans here are knowledgable and fair.

batz
08-12-2009, 05:54 AM
They're just so fair...and knowledgable about tennis.

Do you go fishing in your spare time?:)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 05:58 AM
I have no explanation TMOP. I was being facetious. I honestly have no idea which player if any has the most knowledegable fans and can't think of any criteria that might be applied to answer the question.

I simply don't buy that the length of time watching tennis = increased knowledge and fairness (the argument that appears to be being made for Sampras fans).

Cheers.
Alright, i didnt expect to find the ultimate true answer, i like the speculating and comparisons though, ones truth is different from anothers.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 05:59 AM
It's elementary logic.

Raonic has no fans, therefore all his fans here are knowledgable and fair.
I see...
10 char

batz
08-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Alright, i didnt expect to find the ultimate true answer, i like the speculating and comparisons though, ones truth is different from anothers.

Fair enough mate.

Bilbo
08-12-2009, 06:38 AM

Excuse me sir, but your signature is blatantly incorrect... The classiest player of all time is Manuel Orantes.:)

Oh, and to answer your question OP, the most knowledgeable fans are fans of the 70's... cause that was the golden era of tennis.

zagor
08-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Do you go fishing in your spare time?:)

LOL,yeah I love fishing.

dragonfire
08-12-2009, 06:40 AM
LOL,yeah I love fishing.

do you eat the fish or put it back in the water???

drakulie
08-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Tough to really say, which group has more knowledgeable posters.

For example:

Bodo, ~soso~, and blindism are all one poster.

Does this mean they only count as one? or three??

we also know veroniquem, the truth, and Nadal_Freak are all nadal haters that love to spew filth all over the boards (as do the first 3 I mentioned). However, which philosophical group do they belong to?? *********ism, or *******ism?

Lastly, we have gamesampras, cescfebreGASALOT, 380waterpistol, which have never seen sampras play, yet fill the boards with doo-doo about him.

To close, there is conquistadodohead, which is enough of a **** to count for about one hundred *******s.

Lot to think about here folks before casting your vote.

Gorecki
08-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Simple question...tough answer...

i wonder why you do not allow everyone to see who voted for what! :confused:

theroleoftheunderdog
08-12-2009, 06:46 AM
this one is easy: the nontards

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Tough to really say, which group has more knowledgeable posters.

For example:

Bodo, ~soso~, and blindism are all one poster.

Does this mean they only count as one? or three??

we also know veroniquem, the truth, and Nadal_Freak are all nadal haters that love to spew filth all over the boards (as do the first 3 I mentioned). However, which philosophical group do they belong to?? *********ism, or *******ism?

Lastly, we have gamesampras, cescfebreGASALOT, 380waterpistol, which have never seen sampras play, yet fill the boards with doo-doo about him.

To close, there is conquistadodohead, which is enough of a **** to count for about one hundred *******s.

Lot to think about here folks before casting your vote.

I seriously lol`d so hard when i read this post, your a really funny guy:twisted: "cescfabreGASALOT and "380waterpistol"

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 06:54 AM
this one is easy: the nontards
That would be the common fan yes.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 06:55 AM
i wonder why you do not allow everyone to see who voted for what! :confused:
Sorry i tried to do that but didnt work...

charliefedererer
08-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Id say the most knowledgeable might be the Sampras-fans because if u r a fan of Pete you probably have been around for quite a while and have seen champs come and go.

Logical argument for Sampras fans being "best" answer in your poll.

Gorecki
08-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Sorry i tried to do that but didnt work...

ok then.. but you know that would make things much more clear no? am i right for once?:)

drakulie
08-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Not the most knowledgeable,but maybe the most fair? Id say the most knowledgeable might be the Sampras-fans because if u r a fan of Pete you probably have been around for quite a while and have seen champs come and go, i get the impression for example that lots of Nadals fans (kids) started to watch tennis at last years Wimbleon or this years AO...Based on some of their statements.

I would agree with the logic you are using here (more time watching tennis, means more exposure to the game, etc, etc.)

However, many of the Sampras fans here on this board, really fall into your assessment of the nadal fans (kids that just started watching tennis a few years ago). I could tell you gamesampras, cescfabregas, 380pistol, and some of the other sampras "die hards", as evidenced by thier posts, have never even seen the guy play other than youtube.

Guys like edberg505, breakpoint, myself, and many others are sampras fans, and have been for years, however, posters wouldn't know it, because we all feel Federer is simply a better player, and because of this, the aforementioned posters drown our posts with their ignorance, and simply call us "*******s".

Terr
08-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Federer fans, fair? No no. Let's not forget there's more than just Magic who's a fan of Fed. The rest are goons. Hired to make other fans look stupid.

drakulie
08-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Federer fans, fair? No no. Let's not forget there's more than just Magic who's a fan of Fed. The rest are goons. Hired to make other fans look stupid.

hmmmmm, so they are "goons", "hired to make other fans look stupid"??

Your feelings about "other fans" must not be too high, if "goons" make them look stupid, and are paid for their work.

maximo
08-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Guys like edberg505, breakpoint, myself, and many others are sampras fans, and have been for years.

Just because they've joined earlier then us doesn't mean they know more about tennis.

Some 'veterans' are plain trolls like NamRanger.

drakulie
08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Just because they've joined earlier then us doesn't mean they know more about tennis.

never alluded to, or said it did. However, like I said, one could tell from reading their posts, they have no clue what they are talikng about>>> knid of like you.

Some 'veterans' are plain trolls like NamRanger.

Only reason you call him a troll, is because he crushes you every time you two get into a debate. If you want to fix this problem, don't mess with him, or at minimum, make some sense when you post.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
ok then.. but you know that would make things much more clear no? am i right for once?:)
Yeah, u might be, for once:)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 08:13 AM
So according to you i am one of the good guys?:)

Terr
08-12-2009, 08:17 AM
hmmmmm, so they are "goons", "hired to make other fans look stupid"??

Your feelings about "other fans" must not be too high, if "goons" make them look stupid, and are paid for their work.

A goon like a thug. Not a goon like an idiot. Perhaps it means different things in different places. Chips/Crisps. Fries/Chips.

So according to you i am one of the good guys?:)

You just prove good Federer fans do exist. Hell, why not cheer for him? He's probably the greatest player tennis has ever seen. But it's nice to see that you don't need to be stuck up about being a Fed fan.

TheFifthSet
08-12-2009, 08:18 AM
All fan groups have their share of nuts. Here is what IMO seems to be characteristic for the fanatics in each group;

- among Federer and Sampras fanatics: those who try to wax poetically about their games, many of whom have either never seen them play or have seen very little of them. Of course, they'll never admit this.

- Nadal: Similar, except many don't even try to put on a facade.

- Murray: On the surface I'd say this is a nice common balance, not too many trolls in this group (Then again that's probably because Federer and Nadal possess by far the most fans.) But oooooh boy do the trolls that do exist stand out. :twisted:

- Djokovic: some are guided by disdain for another player rather than adoration for Nole himself.

(not saying that the average poster of said-fans are like this, just the fanatics, which is what I'm alluding to.)

Sentinel
There are many knowledgeable posters here ... but fair ... very very few, and certainly not in any group.

With the possible exception of one lone Zeeshan Ali fan .... just kidding .. he's dark as the finest *swiss* chocolate, but his arguments have holes like *swiss* cheese.

maximo
never alluded to, or said it did. However, like I said, one could tell from reading their posts, they have no clue what they are talikng about>>> knid of like you.

Yeah, everyone who's joined in the past year or so automatically haven't got a clue what they are talking about. Great logic.

Only reason you call him a troll, is because he crushes you every time you two get into a debate. If you want to fix this problem, don't mess with him, or at minimum, make some sense when you post.

He tried to deliberately get a fellow poster banned. That's unacceptable. Until you realize that i wouldn't keep defending him. After all, he does enjoy licking you're rear side. :lol:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
I would agree with the logic you are using here (more time watching tennis, means more exposure to the game, etc, etc.)

However, many of the Sampras fans here on this board, really fall into your assessment of the nadal fans (kids that just started watching tennis a few years ago). I could tell you gamesampras, cescfabregas, 380pistol, and some of the other sampras "die hards", as evidenced by thier posts, have never even seen the guy play other than youtube.

Guys like edberg505, breakpoint, myself, and many others are sampras fans, and have been for years, however, posters wouldn't know it, because we all feel Federer is simply a better player, and because of this, the aforementioned posters drown our posts with their ignorance, and simply call us "*******s".

I guess you are right, but lets say outside of these forums that the Sampras-fans are the ones whos been interested in tennis for the longest amount of time.
Maybe u r right, i thought they were older but as time went by i realized that maybe they are not that old...And not the "typical" Sampras-fan.
Ive seen Edberg,Wilander,Sampras,Agassi,Nadal and Federer play Live. There is absolutely NOTHING that can even come close to watch Federer live, i forgot to breath:shock: Amazing!

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Yeah, everyone who's joined in the past year automatically haven't got a clue what they are talking about. Great logic.

He tried to deliberately get a fellow poster banned. That's unacceptable. Until you realize that i wouldn't keep defending him. After all, he does enjoy licking you're rear side. :lol:
Who are u refering to?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-12-2009, 08:24 AM
A goon like a thug. Not a goon like an idiot. Perhaps it means different things in different places. Chips/Crisps. Fries/Chips.

You just prove good Federer fans do exist. Hell, why not cheer for him? He's probably the greatest player tennis has ever seen. But it's nice to see that you don't need to be stuck up about being a Fed fan.
Thank you, well,im definetely not a glory-hunter as someone called me, thats ridiculous! Im 1 year older than Federer, ive seen him play before the world even knew who he was. Ive talked to the guy who made him, Peter Lundgren, a few times and he told me so many good things about Roger years and years after they split up, even though Mirka practically fired him! And of course, i love the way he plays and i let my kids that i train at my club watch videos of him play,much better than all instructional books

NamRanger
Yeah, everyone who's joined in the past year or so automatically haven't got a clue what they are talking about. Great logic.

I deliberately tried to get a fellow poster banned? No, all I did was create a situation where it was likely the rules would get broken, which happened. Then I proceeded to do what any other reasonable person on this forum would do and I reported the offensive post.

drakulie

No, I said that based on their posts, it is obvious they don't have a clue.

This is a perfect example of why you get crushed by, NamRanger.

He tried to deliberately get a fellow poster banned. That's unacceptable.

actually, the more posters (such as yoursefl) who are dumb enough to get into a battle of wits with a far superior intellect, and get banned as a result, the better TW will be.

NamRanger
08-12-2009, 08:25 AM
No, I said that based on their posts, it is obvious they don't have a clue.

This is a perfect example of why you get crushed by, NamRanger.

actually, the more posters (such as yoursefl) who are dumb enough to get into a battle of wits with a far superior intellect, and get banned as a result, the better TW will be.

It was quite funny, Clydey thought he was beating me up or something and really the only thing that was happening was me baiting him :(

drakulie
08-12-2009, 08:35 AM
It was quite funny, Clydey thought he was beating me up or something and really the only thing that was happening was me baiting him :(

LOL, I hope you snag more of them.

http://www.swordandsorcery.org/images/trollslayer.jpg