PDA

View Full Version : Volkl wierd string pattern. Double back crosses.

Lakers4Life
08-12-2009, 03:22 PM
I was looking at a Volkl DNX 4 (not my own). I noticed there were two crosses on the outside of the frame that are not in the usual location. Form H12 on the crosses it jumps to H14, then comes back on H13 then jumps again to H15, then continues its sucessive crosses. Until it reaches T16 where it does a similar skip and double back. T16 to T14, then T13 to T12.

I've never seen this type of pattern before, but it seems to be at the ends of the DNX bumpers on the side of the racquet.

Is this the way Volkl's are supposed to be strung?

psp2
08-12-2009, 05:40 PM
The DNX4 doesn't require DBX pattern for the last 3 crosses. However, you CAN use DBX for the last 3 crosses if you want. I don't see why nor any benefits, but you could.

From memory... SP Red/Blue/Silver/Platinum/Gold/White/Pro White frames do, mainly due to the large port for the final cross.

Lakers4Life
08-12-2009, 06:08 PM
It's all in the area of where the DNX pads are. Starting one cross before and one after. The middle are consecutive, followed by DBX crosses again. The start and end to tie off are consecutive.

It's just wierd someone would string this pattern, unless it's a DNX specific pattern. I have not found any references to prove that.

Lakers4Life
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Bump it up..