PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone believe kirschbaum pro line II outperforms luxilon?

MonkeyMan123
08-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Is it the only poly that outperforms the alu power or other luxilon strings?

himynameisNIKE
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
i think it does

iJuMpS
08-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Nooo luxilon is a whole new level string.no one knows what it is made from all other string companies want to find out

dincuss
08-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Nooo luxilon is a whole new level string.no one knows what it is made from all other string companies want to find out

Im going to guess polyester.....:D

ODYSSEY Mk.4
08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Im going to guess polyester.....:D

wow you guessed the million $$ formula :roll:

forehand_barrage
08-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Luxilon cant be beat by any of the poly out in the market (IN MY OPINION) :grin:

dadozen
08-13-2009, 05:23 AM
That's interesting. I'm currently using PLII 1.15mm and I'm really loving it: great control, enough power, soft, comfortable, easy on the arm, good spin potential, yet it still has that crispy feeling that only polys do. I also used BAM and it's very similar, but it doesn't have the crispy felling.

Can someone tell me if there's a Lux string that performs like this, also in a very thin gauge, but is, in your opinion, better than PLII?

Thanks

murrmanfan13
08-13-2009, 06:16 AM
i think its preference. in my opinion PLII is the best non Luxilon poly, but other strings like SPPP and Cyber-flash are pretty much on par. Luxilon M2 might feel like Kirschbaum. what makes Lux so good though is that it feels like barb wire, and thats what makes it so special

Supracool94
08-13-2009, 06:25 AM
No, but I think TF Black Code and MSV Hex out perform Lux!

dadozen
08-13-2009, 06:35 AM
No, but I think TF Black Code and MSV Hex out perform Lux!

Supra, which MSV Hex gauge do you use and which one do you prefer: PLII or MSV Hex? And why?

Sorry for so many questions;):p

Supracool94
08-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Supra, which MSV Hex gauge do you use and which one do you prefer: PLII or MSV Hex? And why?

Sorry for so many questions;):p

No problem, ask away! So far I have only used MSV HEX 17L 1.18 and it plays great! I really did not like PL II, I was able to get more spin with MSV Hex. It just bites the ball better.

dadozen
08-13-2009, 06:58 AM
No problem, ask away! So far I have only used MSV HEX 17L 1.18 and it plays great! I really did not like PL II, I was able to get more spin with MSV Hex. It just bites the ball better.

Thanks for taking your time to answer me Supra:)

I'm currently using PLII 1.15mm, and I'm loving it( used BAM 1.15mm for a while but it just doesn't have the same crispy feeling tha tPLII has ).

Lots of people say great things about MSV Hex, especially 1.10mm diameter. I have one 1.18mm set to try, guess I'll go for it on my next stringjob. Too bad it's white, a black string would look sick in my racquets:)

Supracool94
08-13-2009, 06:58 AM
I have three racquets, when I hit with two strung with TF Black Code/ Wilson Nat Gut and X-1/ MSV most of my shots go in. The third racquet has PL II/ Gamma Pro and I tend to hit more balls out with this setup!

dadozen
08-13-2009, 07:02 AM
I have three racquets, when I hit with two strung with TF Black Code/ Wilson Nat Gut and X-1/ MSV most of my shots go in. The third racquet has PL II/ Gamma Pro and I tend to hit more balls out with this setup!

I remember reading in another thread that your PLII stringjob was older than your MSV Hex one, is that right? Maybe it's gone dead...:???:

Supracool94
08-13-2009, 07:08 AM
I remember reading in another thread that your PLII stringjob was older than your MSV Hex one, is that right? Maybe it's gone dead...:???:

That could be a possibility, however I think Black Code is the oldest of the three with MSV being the newest!

dadozen
08-13-2009, 07:22 AM
That could be a possibility, however I think Black Code is the oldest of the three with MSV being the newest!

Yet it still plays better than the one with PLII? That's nice to know. I've heard some people having durability issues with PLII.

Which TF BC gauge do you use?

Supracool94
08-13-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm not a big string breaker anymore, like I use to be when I was using a pro-staff 6.0 95, so I wouldn't make any judgments on durability based on my use.

Another factor is that I only use polys in the crosses with either a multi or Natural gut in the mains!

Currently there is Black Code 16 in my frame, but I'll using 17 gauge next time for sure.

TennezSport
08-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Of all of the poly string we have tested around here Lux is low on the list, due to it's short life span and cost. Lux feels and plays great for about 6-8hrs and then dies. We have found this to be consistent in all Lux strings. Our favorites are Tecnifibre RC or BC or Kirsch PLII; even MSV and WeissCannon performs better, hold tension better and lasts longer. Oh yeah and costs less, so for the Bux Lux Su.......

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

Lsmkenpo
08-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Of all of the poly string we have tested around here Lux is low on the list, due to it's short life span and cost. Lux feels and plays great for about 6-8hrs and then dies. We have found this to be consistent in all Lux strings. Our favorites are Tecnifibre RC or BC or Kirsch PLII; even MSV and WeissCannon performs better, hold tension better and lasts longer. Oh yeah and costs less, so for the Bux Lux Su.......

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

I disagree, why give a thumbs down to lux because it doesn't last long, it is a string designed to give maximum performance for 4-6 hours of play for big hitters, not a string designed to give syn gut like performance for 20 hours like the majority of the new poly's I see overhyped on this forum.

Alu is the string of choice of most of the pro tour for a reason, it simply out performs all other poly's hands down for big hitters.

None of the strings you suggest perform better than Alu during its usable life,yes, they do hold tension longer,and are softer but so is syn-gut. The hype surrounding the softer polys now coming out is simply to get club level players to switch to a more expensive string that probably is not even the best for their game.

I would wager that half the posters you see hyping certain polys don't even have the strokes to use a string like Alu to begin with, than they come on here and proclaim a softer poly as superior, bet if we did a test without telling them which string was in the racquet half of them would rate a 3$ syn gut as superior to Alu, and hype it as the next great poly.

Supracool94
08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
For me Lux BB ALU Rough was just too stiff and gave me tennis elbow. All the newer generation co-polys do not bother my elbow at all.

Lsmkenpo
08-13-2009, 10:19 AM
For me Lux BB ALU Rough was just too stiff and gave me tennis elbow. All the newer generation co-polys do not bother my elbow at all.

That is because the new copolys are designed to be on par with syn gut, not to give the maximum performance and control to big hitters like you get from Alu.

dadozen
08-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I disagree, why give a thumbs down to lux because it doesn't last long, it is a string designed to give maximum performance for 4-6 hours of play for big hitters, not a string designed to give syn gut like performance for 20 hours like the majority of the new poly's I see overhyped on this forum.

Alu is the string of choice of most of the pro tour for a reason, it simply out performs all other poly's hands down for big hitters.

None of the strings you suggest perform better than Alu during its usable life,yes, they do hold tension longer,and are softer but so is syn-gut. The hype surrounding the softer polys now coming out is simply to get club level players to switch to a more expensive string that probably is not even the best for their game.

I would wager that half the posters you see hyping certain polys don't even have the strokes to use a string like Alu to begin with, than they come on here and proclaim a softer poly as superior, bet if we did a test without telling them which string was in the racquet half of them would rate a 3$ syn gut as superior to Alu, and hype it as the next great poly.

That is because the new copolys are designed to be on par with syn gut, not to give the maximum performance and control to big hitters like you get from Alu.

Dude, that's why this is an internet forum, where people come to discuss and exchange thoughts about everything related to tennis.

For sure Luxilon might be a great string while it lasts, and for sure it fits exactly what pros want and need, but it doesn't mean that what they want and need is what WE want and need.

Lots of us like the poly feeling, the poly feedback, but just can't handle stiff strings just because tennis is not what we do for living( as pros do, as you might know ).

If so many brands are releasing softer co-polys is because the market demanded that, because it's what most of us want and need.

The way you put your opinion, it sounds like we're all freaking ******s that know nothing about tennis and barely can't tell the difference between a forehand and a backhand.

You're welcome to post your opinion, but in a respectful way.

honz
08-13-2009, 11:02 AM

You make some valid points, but the newer co-poly strings play quite a bit differently than synthetic gut and they are much more durable. I can easily pop synthetic gut strings after about 5 hours of hard hitting and I don't even consider myself a big string breaker. I have never broken a poly string before it has already gone dead and I easily get 20 hours of play from the newer co-poly's that hold tension well.

So while I am paying more for soft poly strings, I easily get twice the life out of them...not to mention I get more spin and noticeably better control. Soft poly strings are not simply more expensive synthetic gut strings.

dadozen
08-13-2009, 11:12 AM
You make some valid points, but the newer co-poly strings play quite a bit differently than synthetic gut and they are much more durable. I can easily pop synthetic gut strings after about 5 hours of hard hitting and I don't even consider myself a big string breaker. I have never broken a poly string before it has already gone dead and I easily get 20 hours of play from the newer co-poly's that hold tension well.

So while I am paying more for soft poly strings, I easily get twice the life out of them...not to mention I get more spin and noticeably better control. Soft poly strings are not simply more expensive synthetic gut strings.

Exactly. 10 char

Lsmkenpo
08-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Dude, that's why this is an internet forum, where people come to discuss and exchange thoughts about everything related to tennis.

For sure Luxilon might be a great string while it lasts, and for sure it fits exactly what pros want and need, but it doesn't mean that what they want and need is what WE want and need.

Lots of us like the poly feeling, the poly feedback, but just can't handle stiff strings just because tennis is not what we do for living( as pros do, as you might know ).

If so many brands are releasing softer co-polys is because the market demanded that, because it's what most of us want and need.

The way you put your opinion, it sounds like we're all freaking ******s that know nothing about tennis and barely can't tell the difference between a forehand and a backhand.

You're welcome to post your opinion, but in a respectful way.

Who is the "WE" you are attempting to represent as if you speak for the whole board.

Sorry if you took the tone of the post in a disrespectful manner, I just get tired of reading 5 new posts every day about how a new soft copoly is superior to Alu, and it is BS, for what ALU is designed for it is superior to any other copoly currently on the market.

These threads should read for a recreational player without big strokes, who wants a string that gives a very slight performance edge over a Syn gut,and doesnt want to restring after 4-6 hours playing time, the new soft copolys are an alternative, but saying the strings performs better than ALU is a joke.

Someone declaring soft copolys superior to ALU in performance because they don't have the physical ability to get the most out of it, or the inclination to restring often is ridiculous.

It is like declaring a VW rabbit a superior race car to a Ferrari because it is less expensive and gets better gas mileage.

Lsmkenpo
08-13-2009, 11:53 AM

I don't disagree with your post, some softer copoly's performance is in between that of Syn gut and Alu, I just disagree with statements declaring the softer copoly's being better than Alu from a pure performance aspect.

Tension maintenance and the players physical limitations are separate issues not related to a strings playing performance IMO.