PDA

View Full Version : opinions on bioshock?

samprasvsfederer123
08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
whats good and bad about this game?

JRstriker12
08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I picked this game up used for my 360. I haven't played all the way thorugh but here's my take on it so far.

Good:
-Great story telling - everything you find moves the story along and really gives you a feel of what happened in the city of Rapture.
-Atmosphere is mad creepy. Really, I need to take a break some times. It's intense.
-Big Daddies - Big Daddies are TOUGH!!!! It's not easy to beat a big daddy the fights will push you to the limits in a battle that can last up to 10+ minutes, depending on how good you are.
-Controling Big Daddies - You can charm a big daddy and get it to do your fighting for you. Tons of fun.
-A rich detailed game world. Logs and recording from each citizen of rapture pull you into the game.
-More than one way to kill a cat - yes you have guns, but you also have plazmid powers. Both have some limits to them. Ammo can be a little spare for more powerful weapons and you have to rechard plazmid powers, but you can often use the enviroment to your advantage - for example - use the electricity plazmid when your opponents are in water and fry them all with one hit. Or use a fire plazmid to like an oil slick on fire. etc...
-Hacking drones - hack a drone it it becomes a buzzing ally with a gun.
-Some ethical decsions - do you kill the little sisters to get more power earlier in the game or heal them knowing you'll gain greater powers down the road.

Meh:
-Hacking Puzzles: If you like puzzles, hacking safes and vending machines to get weapons, health, and ammo will be fun for you. If you're not a puzzle fan, you can pay hard earned cash to hack the machine or find auto-hack devices. The hacks can get REALLY annoying if they set off an alarm and unleash a bunch of drones that come after you. As for myself - I'm so-so with the puzzles. Not my Fav part of the game.

Bad:
-Nothing really.

My two cents.

flyinghippos101
08-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Yep, I agree with JR, except along with the bad things, its dreadfully short and not too difficult.

samprasvsfederer123
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
for me the only meh part is that theres really no part inn the game that challenges you alot, like a big boss, or something where you need to think really hard. you just get told what to do kill spicers and boom.

WHO IS ATLAS

LanEvo
08-13-2009, 04:41 PM
im selling my two copies, so idk, i got it on ps3 got a few of the trophies and quit, didnt like the point of view, i like a MGS4 shooter game where ic an see the whole body to shoot

JRstriker12
08-13-2009, 07:21 PM
im selling my two copies, so idk, i got it on ps3 got a few of the trophies and quit, didnt like the point of view, i like a MGS4 shooter game where ic an see the whole body to shoot

Metal Gear Solid is a totally different type of game than First Person Shooters.

No real first person shooter (Half-Life, Bioshock, Call of Duty, etc.) uses a third person perspective like MG or Gears of war.

It's like comparing oranges to apples.