PDA

View Full Version : Seascape Resort. Aptos, CA 8/20/09 Anytime

npromero
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Hello all,

I'm a 4.0-4.5 tweener traveling from Dallas, TX to the West Coast for vacation next week (08/19/09- 08/25/09). I'm looking to hit anytime on Thursday 08/20/09. I will be staying a few days at the Seascape resort (near Santa Cruz) and would like to play nearby. Please let me know if you are available and want to participate. See link below for resort details.

http://www.seascaperesort.com/index.cfm/Activities-Seascape_Sports_Club.htm

:)

ollinger
08-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I was actually looking to go there in the fall -- please post your opinion of the place. Thanks.

npromero
08-18-2009, 11:31 PM
4.0-4.5 going to Santa Cruz and looking for someone to hit with. Is anyone avail?

DarrellBray
12-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Did you end up going, and if so, any chance you could share those impressions? :)

ollinger
12-02-2009, 09:54 AM
I didn't -- visited a friend near SLO and then spent a few days at a resort in Santa Barbara.

get it in
12-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I have been to the Seascape Resort and the sports club nearby, though I didn't get to play tennis, just a quick workout. I enjoyed the resort thoroughly. It's a beautiful area and quick walk to the beach (downhill). The rooms are quite nice, too. I had a one bedroom villa that my company provided for all the employees. Since it's a quiet area, a run through the neighborhood is highly recommended. There are some really nice houses there.

Delano
08-05-2010, 09:55 PM
I just got back from a few days at Seascape. The tennis courts are part of a private club across the street from the resort, but hotel guests have access to the courts, swimming pool, and workout facilities.

I recommend staying at the resort regardless of how you feel about tennis. It's in a beautiful spot right next to the ocean. Lots of families with kids, and I'd guess that the vast majority of the people staying at Seascape aren't there to play tennis. I wasn't really either - I was on vacation with my family, so most of my days were filled up with taking the kids to the beach, pool, boardwalk, monterey bay aquarium... though I did check out the tennis club as well.

The tennis club itself is a nice facility - a bunch of hardcourts and a couple of har-tru clay courts, which is uncommon in norcal. I was there during the week, and there wasn't a whole lot going on mid-day. A kid's camp was taking up some of the courts, and there was a pretty strong junior hitting with his coach (I'd guess). The website listed a few women's 3.0/3.5 clinics during the day, but not much else.

The front desk did set up a match for me with a good player (one of the stronger 4.0's I've played this year). While I was there, I asked about a ball machine - they do have one available, but it's $20 for the machine + $7 for the hour on the court. $27 is a little steep for an hour on a ball machine, guess it depends on how badly you want the workout. Otherwise, courts are $7 per hour (though I get the feeling that you can stay on the court late if nobody has it reserved after you).

All in all.. well, I wasn't there on the weekend, so obviously I didn't see the club at its most active... but this isn't really a place I'd go if playing tennis was the main goal of my trip. It's not a place focused on tennis like the actual tennis camps/resorts, but definitely bring the rackets.

Delano
08-05-2010, 09:58 PM
I just got back from a few days at Seascape. The tennis courts are part of a private club across the street from the resort, but hotel guests have access to the courts, swimming pool, and workout facilities.

I recommend staying at the resort regardless of how you feel about tennis. It's in a beautiful spot right next to the ocean. Lots of families with kids, and I'd guess that the vast majority of the people staying at Seascape aren't there to play tennis. I wasn't really either - I was on vacation with my family, so most of my days were filled up with taking the kids to the beach, pool, boardwalk, monterey bay aquarium... though I did check out the tennis club as well.

The tennis club itself is a nice facility - a bunch of hardcourts and a couple of har-tru clay courts, which is uncommon in norcal. I was there during the week, and there wasn't a whole lot going on mid-day. A kid's camp was taking up some of the courts, and there was a pretty strong junior hitting with his coach (I'd guess). The website listed a few women's 3.0/3.5 clinics during the day, but not much else.

The front desk did set up a match for me with a good player (one of the stronger 4.0's I've played this year). While I was there, I asked about a ball machine - they do have one available, but it's $20 for the machine + $7 for the hour on the court. $27 is a little steep for an hour on a ball machine, guess it depends on how badly you want the workout. Otherwise, courts are $7 per hour (though I get the feeling that you can stay on the court late if nobody has it reserved after you).

All in all.. well, I wasn't there on the weekend, so obviously I didn't see the club at its most active... but this isn't really a place I'd go if playing tennis was the main goal of my trip. It's not a place focused on tennis like the actual tennis camps/resorts. I didn't get the impression that you'd find a match just showing up and hanging out by the courts (again, this was mid-week), but like I said, they did set up a match for me. If you're traveling with other players, this could be ideal. Either way, definitely bring the rackets, just don't expect a huge tennis scene.