PDA

View Full Version : Gaucho Natural Gut

coolblue123
08-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Was searching in Craigslist and found this string. Suppose to be an inexpensive natural gut. It goes for around $15 a set. Was wondering if anyone has played with this before? If so, how does it play? thanks

Toad
08-15-2009, 06:04 AM
See post #1444 pg #73 of the Global Gut thread. Apparently Gaucho and Global Gut are made in the same factory with the same raw materials, so quality is likely similar.

strongman
08-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Any proof for your saying? It seems Gaucho is made in south america, and its quality is much better than GG.

See post #1444 pg #73 of the Global Gut thread. Apparently Gaucho and Global Gut are made in the same factory with the same raw materials, so quality is likely similar.

Lefty78
08-15-2009, 09:05 AM
^^^From gaucho strings dot com:

Q: Where are the strings manufactured?
A: The strings are manufactured in Uruguay (South America) and India (Asia) to service different markets and control costs.

Toad
08-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Any proof for your saying? It seems Gaucho is made in south america, and its quality is much better than GG.

Wasn't what I was saying really, I was just paraphrasing what was in the thread. I have done no research on the string, but drakulie mentioned he emailed the manufacturer of the string and found what I mentioned in my post. I believe drakulie ordered it and was going to test it out, so keep an eye on the Global Gut thread if you want your answers.

BLuu21
08-15-2009, 02:37 PM
hey strongman, have you tried out both gaucho and global natural gut since you say gaucho is more durable? Im debating on if i should get gaucho or global natural gut and it would be great to hear more info on gaucho natural gut

strongman
08-15-2009, 03:34 PM
I didn't try Gaucho, but I had tried global gut strings. i don't like GG at all. Actually I feel very disappointed at the performance of GG.First, GG has different thickness even at same 16 gauge. The tension could not be kept same even with same gauge strings and LBs. Tell me why they can't keep same thickness for the same gauge? Second, the feel is not good as expected. Third, it should be very careful to string, or you will break it as it has been made in low quality.

Based on introduction to Gaucho somewhere on this board, i assume gaucho should be much better than GG. I hope my assumption is correct.

hey strongman, have you tried out both gaucho and global natural gut since you say gaucho is more durable? Im debating on if i should get gaucho or global natural gut and it would be great to hear more info on gaucho natural gut