PDA

View Full Version : Am I college tennis material?

lptennisjohn
08-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi, I'm going into my senior year in high school. Last year, I played number 2singles and was 16-3 and made the all district and all state teams. I have played in many USTA's, and my final ranking was 23 in my section. This year, I will likely play number 3 singles, we have a great freshman coming up to play 1.

I didn't start playing tennis until my frosh year. I am 6'7 and 195 lbs. I hit a semi western forehand and love the kick serve.

I've been checking out D3 schools in Indiana.

lptennisjohn
08-15-2009, 03:41 PM
And I have been contacted by a few D2's and multiple d3's

Pleepers
08-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Just depends on the school...

nadalfan4life
08-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Where do you go to school.

USERNAME
08-16-2009, 08:24 PM
How much and how hard do u train? Do u live in a big and/or tough section? (i.e. Florida, Cali, Texas etc.) Do u have a national ranking and whats ur overall record? All these things factor into a playing career and the fact that ur 6'7" will also help quite a bit if u r pretty good.

Birke
08-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, since they've contacted you...then you're tennis material

haha :D

USERNAME
08-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, since they've contacted you...then you're tennis material

haha :D

Jus cause he's been contacted doesnt mean he has a spot on the team. It means the coach wants to see him and his record and possibly a resume. Until u sign a contract, an LOI, or have ur name on the roster, u aint in. Iv seen people contacted by multiple schools and not recruited alot. It really sux.

T10s747
08-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Hi, I'm going into my senior year in high school. Last year, I played number 2singles and was 16-3 and made the all district and all state teams. I have played in many USTA's, and my final ranking was 23 in my section. This year, I will likely play number 3 singles, we have a great freshman coming up to play 1.

I didn't start playing tennis until my frosh year. I am 6'7 and 195 lbs. I hit a semi western forehand and love the kick serve.

I've been checking out D3 schools in Indiana.

There is a spot for you in college tennis, it all depends on what level. To enhance your chances, develop your serve & volley game and play a ton of doubles coming in on bought 1st & 2nd serves. With your size, coaches will appreciate your double prowess. You will also find it hard to compete on the baseline against the grinders and jackrabbits.

fruitytennis1
08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Grinders are pretty much the % in 5.5 and up till professionals arent they???