PDA

View Full Version : Are you a fan of Death Note? Do you like manga, or anime

JoshDragon
08-15-2009, 05:21 PM
In addition to tennis, I also really like anime. Death Note is probably my favorite manga and maybe anime. If you like anime or manga, post here and say which is your favorite and why.

Death Note, is my favorite because the main characters L and Light Yagami, are so intriguing.

JoshDragon
08-15-2009, 05:24 PM
In case you have never seen Death Note, here is a link to the first part of episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnRgskHsYds

adams_1
08-15-2009, 05:40 PM
First half was good, then it went downhill.

JoshDragon
08-15-2009, 05:49 PM
First half was good, then it went downhill.

Do you have a favorite anime or manga?

adams_1
08-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Nah, I don't watch/read a lot. A friend made me watch Death Note :P

Dark_Angel85
08-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I read 3 mangas and am always updating it's latest episodes online...

ONE PIECE
NARUTO
BLEACH

Topspin24
08-15-2009, 06:18 PM
HunterXHunter
Naruto
Bleach

Serve_Ace
08-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I like deathnote

Mr.Brightside
08-15-2009, 06:49 PM
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist
Prince of Tennis

ronalditop
08-15-2009, 08:22 PM
In case you have never seen Death Note, here is a link to the first part of episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnRgskHsYds

First time i watch this and now i love it. Im watching chapter 3.

JoshDragon
08-15-2009, 10:02 PM
First time i watch this and now i love it. Im watching chapter 3.

Awesome, it's a great series and it get's better the farther in you go, until maybe the very end. Try the manga it's actually a little bit better than the anime.

Dark_Angel85
08-15-2009, 10:07 PM
finished reading the death note manga... was honestly a bit draggy towards the end la... though it has a very clever plot to it...

AznRamenDude
08-15-2009, 10:24 PM
I like deathnote. Manga was very good. I personally thought the anime suck :-? i stopped...like at ep10. The first half of the story was pretty good. And agreed, 2nd half was going downhill.

ronalditop
08-16-2009, 11:43 AM
how many episodes does Death Note has? Im talking about the anime version.

JoshDragon
08-16-2009, 11:51 AM
I think about 37.

Gugafan
08-16-2009, 04:26 PM
The movie was great. I watched the first two parts (english subtitles) and thought they were one of the best japanese horror/fantasy movies I have seen to date.

p.s The actor who played 'L' did a great job.

tom_asdelonge182
08-16-2009, 05:19 PM
anime...how can you not have a look at Prince of tennis :)

Also into Beck: Mongolian chop squad

hey josh, you heard of Aya hirano?

JoshDragon
08-16-2009, 07:19 PM
The j-pop singer right? I've heard of her a little bit. Do you like her?

For some reason I never, really enjoyed the prince of tennis. I like Yu-yu Hakusho a lot more, in fact I'm watching that now.

GPG
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I think that the closest that Iv'e been to anime is Dragon Ball Z and Slam Dunk, nothing else

Phil
08-16-2009, 07:55 PM
In addition to tennis, I also really like anime. Death Note is probably my favorite manga and maybe anime. If you like anime or manga, post here and say which is your favorite and why.

Death Note, is my favorite because the main characters L and Light Yagami, are so intriguing.
Anime and manga are complete garbage. The dumbing down of society to the nth degree. I would love to see it all just go away.

CanadianChic
08-16-2009, 08:38 PM
^^Really? I thought for sure after Twitter came out that society could not possibly dumb it down any further but there is always a lower level to be explored I guess. ;)

Nanshiki
08-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Anime and manga are complete garbage. The dumbing down of society to the nth degree. I would love to see it all just go away.

Poke out your eyeballs and ear drums. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Explain why anime and manga are dumbing down society any more than TV and movies.

フェデラー
08-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Death Note is possibly the greatest show ever. Other great animes, Shikabane Hime, and Black Lagoon.

JoshDragon
08-17-2009, 02:30 PM
WTF is twitter anyways?
As for anime, does pokemon count? The first generation of pokemon atleast, first 150 i think, them i gave up after they made 900 new pokemon

Yeah Pokemon counts. I used to watch that show all the time.

Just saw the end of Death Note, it's sad.:( I really don't like the way the anime ended. They left out the epilogue.

Nanshiki
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Death Note is possibly the greatest show ever. Other great animes, Shikabane Hime, and Black Lagoon.

Black Lagoon is awesome but Shikabane Hime is just mediocre.

ronalditop
08-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah Pokemon counts. I used to watch that show all the time.

Just saw the end of Death Note, it's sad.:( I really don't like the way the anime ended. They left out the epilogue.

thats bad to know. Im on chapter 32 now, I have seen some comments that said they also didnt like the ending. Well for me Death Note isnt that good after L dies. I have no idea how the end is going to be, Im excited. But im gonna keep watching tomorrow, I spend about 6 consecutive hours watching the show today, I feel tired.

JoshDragon
08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
thats bad to know. Im on chapter 32 now, I have seen some comments that said they also didnt like the ending. Well for me Death Note isnt that good after L dies. I have no idea how the end is going to be, Im excited. But im gonna keep watching tomorrow, I spend about 6 consecutive hours watching the show today, I feel tired.

It's still good after L dies, it's just not great like it was from episode 3-25. The ending is really sad but I won't ruin it for you if you haven't seen it.

Phil
08-18-2009, 07:52 AM
It's still good after L dies, it's just not great like it was from episode 3-25. The ending is really sad but I won't ruin it for you if you haven't seen it.
I dunno...maybe it's the fairly common sight (in Tokyo) of 40-something males on the train reading r a p (e) fantasy comics? Anyway, this shiate is worse than most television and movies. It's produced by and for social ******s. There's no defending it.

angharad
08-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Blood+ was decent, what I caught of it anyway. Bleach and Death Note are both pretty good. My favorite, though, is Paranoia Agent. I caught one episode of that and bought the whole set.

ronalditop
08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
just watched the ending of death note. It was pretty much how i expected to be, but i couldnt help but feel sorry for Light even though i hated him before. How is this type of anime called? i want to watch more animes like death note.

JoshDragon
08-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I dunno...maybe it's the fairly common sight (in Tokyo) of 40-something males on the train reading r a p (e) fantasy comics? Anyway, this shiate is worse than most television and movies. It's produced by and for social ******s. There's no defending it.

You don't like anime, you've made your point. Now please stop posting your hatred for it, in my thread. Thank You.

ronalditop: It's called Shonen Jump Advanced.

ronalditop
08-18-2009, 12:26 PM
You don't like anime, you've made your point. Now please stop posting your hatred for it, in my thread. Thank You.

ronalditop: It's called Shonen Jump Advanced.

iplaytennislolol
08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
everyone loves prince of tennis!

anime:
full metal alchemist, great teacher onizuka, code geass, fruits basket, ouran high school host club

manga:
naruto and bleach

Phil
08-18-2009, 08:08 PM

You got that right, bub. Also, this is not "your" thread. Never was. It's a public message board. Oh, and another thing-Anime and manga suck.

JoshDragon
08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
You got that right, bub. Also, this is not "your" thread. Never was. It's a public message board. Oh, and another thing-Anime and manga suck.

Ok, this is going no where. I'm done arguing about this so I'm going to put you on my ignore list and if you want to debate this with someone else, knock yourself out.

wyutani
08-18-2009, 09:35 PM
im not so much death note, but im in favour of naruto and prince of tennis. my first anime was helsing, which was great.

Terr
08-19-2009, 08:13 AM
I don't watch anime or read manga (nothing against it)

But I just wanted to say, I know what Death Note is!

OK. If you hand me my gold star, I'll just be sitting in the corner now... :P

P.S. Phil should stop being a troll. It's rude.