PDA

View Full Version : Garcia's gear question

flat
08-15-2009, 11:06 PM
I saw G Garcia a while back and noticed he uses the same racket as my son, and he plays roughly the same style...(but he is just a tiny little bit better :) ).

Does anyone know what type of string he uses, and the tension? String & tension has been a constant struggle for us so trying to benchmark with a top player to see if we can try his setup.

btw, congrats to him for getting to the finals at San Antonio. Looks like he's tearing thru the field.

mrmo1115
08-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Played dubs against him in S.A.

Uses the Babolat Pure Drive GT. I'm guessing Pro Hurricane Tour / VS Gut, most Babolat kids who are fully sponsored all use this, including Stefan Menichella, another Cali kid.

Don't know about tension. Fully sponsored by Athletic DNA.

Who is your son flat? Is he nationally ranked?

flat
08-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Played dubs against him in S.A.

Uses the Babolat Pure Drive GT. I'm guessing Pro Hurricane Tour / VS Gut, most Babolat kids who are fully sponsored all use this, including Stefan Menichella, another Cali kid.

Don't know about tension. Fully sponsored by Athletic DNA.

Who is your son flat? Is he nationally ranked?

Thanks for the info. I was being very sarcastic when I said Garcia's tiny bit better...my son's still not competitive at the national level yet. Hopefully in another year or two.

mrmo1115
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah , too bad he couldn't get 2 gold balls, losing to Albo in the finals. But Albo was in brutal form, just ripping everyone and I think he was flying under the radar with 5 guys above him in the seedings and he wasn't the favorite to win it all.

nike1021
02-19-2010, 09:12 PM
he uses babolat super fine play on the cross