PDA

View Full Version : Pro Line No. 2 vs Cyber Flash

SChamp
08-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I use a hybrid string setup with gamma live wire pro in the X's, the mains have varied over time.

I used Luxilon big banger spin for a while and it killed my elbow. I was very disappointed because I loved the string, the spin I got was incredible. All the spin in the world however, wouldn't make the pain in my elbow bearable.

Pro Line No. 2 was recommended to me a few weeks ago. I ordered a set and strung it up. I had slight pain in my elbow the first time I played with it, but by the second time I played with it, the pain was gone. I get good spin, power is OK, and durability is good so far too. I'm thrilled to say the least, however, the bright red color is a little much for me. I admit, I'm very particular.

The Topspin cyber flash was recommended to me recently, and the silver-ish color is much more to my liking. How does the cyber flash compare to the PL2?

If I have to put up with the red string to get good spin, power, durability, and is easy on my arm, I will, but if I can find a comparable string that looks better to me, that would be my first choice. Thanks for the help.

gflyer
08-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I am interested to this topic as well.
I use CF 1.20 (full) on my 4d200 16x19.
I really love the string but tension loss is a pain.
Freshly strung is great. But after 2-3 hours is useless.
I ordered a set of PL2. I'll try them asap.
Looking forward to answers to this topic.
Thank you for starting the thread.

dadozen
08-18-2009, 04:50 AM
I have used Pro Supex Big Ace Micro for a while before trying PLII, and I can say that they are very similar to each other.

But, BAM is a little softer and easier on the arm, has a little less spin potential and has more string movement than PLII.

I'm currently using PLII and sold my two BAM reels because I liked its crips feeling better, although still very comfortable and soft. Both have good power and can be used in a full job without a problem.

Durability is probable the same, but I felt that BAM lost tension quicker than PLII. I had to cut it out before breakage and I can play with the PLII until it breaks.

So, if you're looking for a PLII alternative, try Pro Supex Big Ace Micro. it's very similar( all the differences I posted above are minimal ) and it's cheaper.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

gflyer
09-04-2009, 07:37 AM
hit with PL2 for the first time. I am using gauge 1.25 strung at 54x53lb.
My reference is Cyber Flash 1.20 @55x55 which is my fav setups so far.
PL2 is nice string. good feel. Spin is better than CF.Great control.
I think it lacks some power compared to CF, but being a 1.25 maybe I should have strung a little lower. I want to hit again after a couple of days to see how it plays after tension loss.

my 2 cents.

Fedace
09-04-2009, 07:40 AM
hit with PL2 for the first time. I am using gauge 1.25 strung at 54x53lb.
My reference is Cyber Flash 1.20 @55x55 which is my fav setups so far.
PL2 is nice string. good feel. Spin is better than CF.Great control.
I think it lacks some power compared to CF, but being a 1.25 maybe I should have strung a little lower. I want to hit again after a couple of days to see how it plays after tension loss.

my 2 cents.

WOW you think Cyberflash has more power than proline2 ??? i thought Proline2 was one of the more powerful polys out there ?

gflyer
09-04-2009, 07:57 AM
WOW you think Cyberflash has more power than proline2 ??? i thought Proline2 was one of the more powerful polys out there ?

as i said i am comparing cf 1.20 and pl2 1.25.
moreover pl2 was freshly strung while cf was ~1 week old. so cf had already lost some tension.
therefore I was expecting pl2 to have less pop.
that's why i strung it a little lower.
I bet pl2 in 1.20 gauge would have more pop than cf at the same tension.

Fedace
09-04-2009, 08:00 AM
as i said i am comparing cf 1.20 and pl2 1.25.
moreover pl2 was freshly strung while cf was ~1 week old. so cf had already lost some tension.
therefore I was expecting pl2 to have less pop.
that's why i strung it a little lower.
I bet pl2 in 1.20 gauge would have more pop than cf at the same tension.

Makes sense. have you tried that new revenge string yet ?

gflyer
09-04-2009, 08:06 AM
not yet. Actually I don't know too much about it.
I like to learn about it first and then give it a shot.
But I have other setups i want to try first:
1)PL2 gauge 1.20
2)ALU-Rough x Nat gut Gaucho 16g
3)Nat Gut Gaucho 16g x ALU-Rough

murrmanfan13
09-04-2009, 12:48 PM
once pro-line 2 is broken in, it feels like a multi or cheap gut with intense spin potential and durability. how could you go wrong with that?