PDA

View Full Version : Quick Drop weight Question

XxduckxX
08-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Recently I have had a problem stringing Premier Ace on a drop weight because the weight would not come down to the horizontal level this is happening to basically every poly I string how do i fix this? Does this mean that the tension will be off a lot. I do not want to force the weight~

Thanks!!!!!

rich s
08-16-2009, 07:54 AM
what kind of drop weight machine are you using?

you can't expect to put a string in the gripper and drop the arm and it be horizontal.

If it is a ratcheting gripper/tensioner or a linear gripper you have the hold the tensioner/gripper and lift the bar (however many times it takes) to get the bar horizontal.

If it is a Klipper you have to adjust the position of the string in the clam-gripper to adjust where the bar falls.

You don't just put the string in the gripper and drop the bar and that's it....

Hokiez
08-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Poly doesn't have nearly as much stretch as gut/syngut/multi so you have to start with the bar at a 45 to horizontal and adjust from there.

ryangoring
08-16-2009, 01:43 PM
^^^ ding ding ding!

Lefty78
08-16-2009, 02:16 PM
^^^ The above method def works, but alternatively, some people prefer to start with the weight in the down position, provided that the machine has a ratcheting feature.

XxduckxX
08-20-2009, 08:50 PM
It's a Gamma X-6 and are you guys saying that if it doesnt drop past 45 degrees that it is okay? And yes this has only been happening to poly. Does adjust from there mean try to get more slack and figure it out? seems like it would take a ton more time. I never had this problem with a normal machine where i just had to turn the crank.

Thanks!

dancraig
08-20-2009, 09:02 PM
It's a Gamma X-6 and are you guys saying that if it doesnt drop past 45 degrees that it is okay? And yes this has only been happening to poly. Does adjust from there mean try to get more slack and figure it out? seems like it would take a ton more time. I never had this problem with a normal machine where i just had to turn the crank.

Thanks!

No, I don't think that's what they are saying. Insert the string with the arm up about 45 degrees. Then slowly allow the arm to drop. If it doesn't fall far enough to get almost horizontal, adjust the amount of string in the gripper untill it does. It may take 1-3 adjustments to get it right.

dancraig
08-20-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.eagnas.com/maxgen1/gripfh.html

abenguyen
08-20-2009, 10:24 PM
you can also give the string more slack when you tension it, rather than holding the drop weight at 45 degrees, give a little more string for it to tension. its what i've been doing for a LONG time on my klippermate