PDA

View Full Version : Polyester Stringing on Diablo

bigmanoncampus
08-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey Guys,
I need to restring my prince diablo, and am going to restring it with babolat pro hurricane tour 17 gauge string. I wanted to know how people normally string polyester string, because I know they say you should (I think) increase the tension by a couple pounds because of the string type. What have you guys done in the past with polyester or pro hurricane tour specifically?
Thanks,
Chris

william7gr
08-16-2009, 10:23 AM
I believe that with a polyester string you should DECREASE the tension a couple pounds not increase it.

Applesauceman
08-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I've used both the Diablo Midplus and the Diablo Mid, both with Pro Supex Big Ace 16 in the mains. For the Midplus I would string at 58 lbs, and for the Mid I would string at 53 lbs. My cross string for both the Midplus and Mid was either Prince Natural Gut 16 or Gosen Micro 16, at 58 lbs.

My understanding is that with most (if not all) polys you should string 10% less than you would if you were using a syn gut, nat gut, and/or multi. So if you normally string at 60 lbs, then drop your tension by 6 lbs.

Currently I use Prince Natural Gut 16 in the mains at 65 lbs and Gosen Micro 16 in the crosses at 65 lbs. Pro Supex Big Ace is a great poly, but still too harsh on my arm.

edman9898
08-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I agree that 58 lbs. would be a good choice to start out with. Definitely you should string at least a couple of lbs. BELOW what you normally do, not above. I played with a full set up of Luxilon BB Power Rough on my Diablo but would probably hybrid it next time. You lose A LOT of power going with a full poly set up.