PDA

View Full Version : string savers, do they help increase spin?

2ndServe
08-16-2009, 02:59 PM
If you've seen them, if you do every other spot the strings and you look at them level the strings look like the are raised up then down (providing a rougher surface?). I would think this would create greater spin and grab. I haven't used them in a long time and I'll have to order them to try it out but does anyone else believe this to be true or have any first hand experience?

Thanks

abenguyen
08-16-2009, 03:04 PM
a little bit of what you said is true. it does raise the surface and at points i did feel like i got some extra bite on balls, however i don't use them anymore because i don't break strings fast enough so theres no point

shogun
08-16-2009, 03:17 PM
I use the Babolat Elastocross stringsavers and find that they provide more bite and makes it easier to generate spin. They also extend the life of the strings by preventing notching.

Pwned
08-16-2009, 03:19 PM
If anyone thinks shaped strings put more spin on the ball then string savers definitely do. The Babolat ones especially.

tennisfreak15347
08-16-2009, 05:44 PM
string savers also greatly decrease string movement. Spin is created by (besides technique) the movement and rebounding of the mains against the crosses. Since string savers stop this string movement, I would think that string savers decrease topspin.

Pwned
08-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I know the Tourna Cross string savers I just got don't stop string movement so they are virtually worthless. At least, they don't on my Biphase.