PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Hype

iJuMpS
08-16-2009, 06:51 PM
People say luxilon is the best string but tell me what you guys think is the best string brand....and kind...

BoomerangX
08-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Other?

PHT 17g and Black Code 17g are my favorites.

Got a reel of Pro Supex Big Ace 17g coming my way :) Heard good reviews about it and the price was relatively cheap, so hopefully it'll be worth my money.

chaddles
08-16-2009, 08:37 PM
BB Alu Power and Rough are fantastic with something like an NXT 16 - definitely my fave setup for personal racquets. Is in the upper price range but well worth it IMO. Wouldn't recommend a full bed of Alu power or rough though, a lot of people find it very rough on the arm.

Hurricane and Prince synth gut is the next best combo that is put on most of our demo's - cheaper to string and a very good set up.

Birke
08-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Genesis Black Magic > Luxilon Alu Power Rough

haven't tried Genesis Spin X yet however, and its supposed to be better than Black Magic!

フェデラー
08-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Alu Rough Ftw

mooimabear
08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
rough is a very addicting string!
especially right after it's freshly strung, but unfortunately the feeling lasts only for a week, a week and a half at most then it goes dead!
i'm still trying to find a string with the same feel as the rough, but no luck yet. :[

deheinz1
08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Quite frankly I can't use Luxilon. I just gives me a lot of arm troubles. I know a lot of people who have tried Luxilon and have had arm troubles. Luxilon is a very stiff string. I tried the original BB and the ALU rough.

I personally like Signum Pro Poly Plasma.
Finding the best strings though is a personal opinion, there will be plenty of people on the board who love Luxilon.