PDA

View Full Version : Alu Power and NXT 16

chaddles
08-16-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm still in the learning stage of the restringing game and am experimenting with different setups. I am currently using a Speedport Black with the Hole inserts in for the new combo. My previous setup was Alu Rough on the mains and NXT 16 on the crosses both @ 58lb - I have been getting a very sore arm when I have a long hitting session and I didn't want to change from the Big Banger Alu range cause I love the way the strings plays.

This is the setup that I put in on the weekend:
NXT 16 on mains @ 56lb
BB Alu Power on crosses @ 54lb

My thinking was that I drop the tension for a bit more power and hopefully make it a bit easier on my arm. I also read that you should string the Alu power at less tension than your synthetic guts and the like.

Have I lost the plot with trying this setup?? I haven't had a chance to try it out with the weather and just wanted to see what you guys think of it.

Cheers

chaddles
08-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Finally got on the court last night for brief hit and was initially very impressed - found it a lot easy to hit deep heavy balls with good accuracy (for me) - very positive feedback from my hitting partner telling me that I was hitting with way more top spin than normal.... Backhand was even getting a bit more consistancy and a lot more power and top spin.

Only drama's was when I shanked a few they flew of the racquet very deep, and am not expecting much durability with this as there was an extreme amount of movement on the NXT mains across the Alu Power which will probably saw through them in no time.

Think I still need to tweak it a little to get it right but not sure what to do next - maybe increase tension of the NXT??

highgeer
08-18-2009, 05:42 AM
Try Polyfibre TCS in the crosses; it seems to be slicker than ALU power.
I break alot of strings, but I usually get 3-4 hour out of this setup, and my strings are almost dead by then anyway.

Mike