PDA

View Full Version : US Open schedule

shmolex
08-17-2009, 01:55 PM
So I've never actually been to a tournament before and i want to go see the US open this year. I would preferably like to catch Federer's first match. So I was wondering how they schedule the tournament. Does the #1 seed always play on Monday night? or is it random? Thanks in advance!

NickC
08-17-2009, 02:16 PM
So I've never actually been to a tournament before and i want to go see the US open this year. I would preferably like to catch Federer's first match. So I was wondering how they schedule the tournament. Does the #1 seed always play on Monday night? or is it random? Thanks in advance!

The scheduling is almost completely random, but the top seed always gets a match at Ashe, regardless of night or day.

heycal
08-17-2009, 06:00 PM

I find the inability to buy a ticket to see a specific player/match at a specific time to be one of the most maddening and crazy things about tennis. Compare it to traditonal sports like baseball, where you can buy tickets six months in advance to see the Red Sox play the Yankees at a specific time and place and you are all but guaranteed to see the biggest stars of each team playing.

Imagine if baseball was like tennis? "You can a buy a seat for this stadium on this day, but we're not sure what teams will be playing or what time the game will start". Fans would go nuts in revolt.

william7gr
08-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Buy a ticket in Ashe to each of the first 6 sessions and you will have a 99.9% of seeing him play. Each night they release the next days schedule. Im sorry but this is your best option.

heycal
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Buy a ticket in Ashe to each of the first 6 sessions and you will have a 99.9% of seeing him play. Each night they release the next days schedule. Im sorry but this is your best option.

The only time I've ever seen Federer play was in Armstrong. Same thing with Nadal. Both in 2006, same day.

LanEvo
08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Federers got this win