PDA

View Full Version : Powerful and Durable

travlerajm
08-17-2009, 05:53 PM
My regular setup is Kevlar/Poly at 57 lbs. This lasts me 50-100 hours, but I'm looking to experiment with more powerful strings.

I'll probably hybrid my Prince Tournament Poly, which I really like as a cross, with a more powerful substitute for the Kevlar. But I break a 16g synthetic gut in about an hour.

So I want lots of power with durability, and I want it to still have good playability after 20 hours of play.

I'm considering trying Klip natural gut 15L in the main, but also considering any suggested synthetics that might be more long lasting and just as powerful. Curious about synthetic multis. Also curious whether the natural gut would last longer in the main with slippery Poly cross, or last longer in the cross? Same question for synth gut?

And would the 15L natural gut last longer than the the synthetic options?

corners
09-07-2009, 04:58 AM
I haven't had super durability with either gut/poly or gut/Prince Recoil. Not bad - 10 to 15 hours with stringsavers - but nowhere near the durability you're accustomed to.

An option might be one that a poster recommended in J011y's full-Alu replacement thread: poly mains/Recoil crosses. Should be a good deal more powerful than your kevlar/poly.