PDA

View Full Version : How long will this hybrid setup last?

kev380
08-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi, I am getting a new racket - Babolat PD GT and would like to know how long this hybrid stringing will last. I play about 1-2 times a week, 3 hours each time. I am a typical baseliner, rated at around 3.5.

Main: Hurricane Pro tour 17
Cross: VS natural gut 16

Any other good hybrid recommendations? i don't want to restring too often. I want it to last for at least 3 months.

Thanks in advance!

kev380
08-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I would also like to know the optimal strung weight. thanks!

kev380
08-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Anyone? Your help is appreciated.

murrmanfan13
08-18-2009, 10:20 AM
give it a little time, threads will start up sometime or another.

now to your question. the durability should be pretty average with that hybrid. if you hit with extreme topspin and power, this hybrid could break pretty easy. if i were you i would either use a cheaper gut or x-1 biphase instead of VS gut. although X-1 will probably be a tad less durable then VS, if you do break it the replacement would be quick, cheap and easy (some stringers have trouble with gut.) on the other hand, i think you could find a better alternative to PHT. for one, Lux alu rough will be better at pretty much everything, including durability. the only problem would be that the Lux would make VS or X-1 fray more than PHT, but that shouldnt effect playability. another nice alternative is kirschbaum pro line II, which in my opinion tops PHT in every category besides spin, which is close, but pro line II OWNS PHT in comfort and feel.

hoped that helped

p.s. Lux alu rough and X-1 biphase as of now are my favorite hybrid, even better than some gut. i will try x-1 biphase and pro line tomarow, so ill keep you posted.

murrmanfan13
08-18-2009, 10:21 AM
strung weight is whatever you like. i would recommend 58 and 60 as a started because that has control with enough power on almost every tension range.

kev380
08-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the input. The LUX alu rough seems very popular. I will check it out.

murrmanfan13
08-18-2009, 01:27 PM
yeah its a VERY good string, possibly the best on the market. one thing to be aware of is that it goes dead after about 6-8 hours of play. after that it the feel becomes more dead. i dont think that decreases power at all it just gives a different feel. i like the dead feeling just as much as when its new, but thats opinion.

DownTheLine
08-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Lux is a great string but it goes dead really fast.