PDA

View Full Version : which of these strings is closest to BBO?

plowmanjoe
08-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Need to know which oif these strings play most like big banger original.

topspin cyberflash, topspin concept pure, and pro supex big ace.

thanks

plowmanjoe
08-18-2009, 07:45 AM
anyone have any insight?

rogernext
08-18-2009, 09:20 AM
anyone have any insight?

sounds like a pretty dumb question to me.

stanfordtennis alum
08-18-2009, 10:05 AM
topspin cyber flash is a good clone of Lux ALU.. all 3 of the strings mentioned are all good and the only way to determine which is best for you is to TRY them yourself!

plowmanjoe
08-18-2009, 07:43 PM
yeah i have all the strings but someone i'm stringing for usually plays with bbo. so i'm trying to determine which poly to string his racquets with.

edman9898
08-18-2009, 07:47 PM
The Topspin Cyber Flash would be a good start. I have played it and it is pretty close to BBO.

Bud
08-18-2009, 11:00 PM

Not as dumb as your useless comment :oops:

TennisandMusic
08-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Man...in all honesty I'm probably going to have to say none of the above. BBO has a very unique feel when stringing that, outside of luxilon, only PL2 comes close too. For lack of a better term it's a "gooey" feeling string, and yeah that might be a terrible description. But it's as close as I can think of right now.

The other strings you mentioned feel plastic like and cheap in comparison. But that's what they are meant to be really...just a cheap budget poly. I don't think you get anywhere near the spin out of those you do with the luxilon stuff. You can hit some crazy arcing shots with BBO, and it's just not the same with the topspin or big ace stuff. Out of the ones you listed I would say maybe concept pure was my favorite, but I wouldn't say it's like BBO at all.

gflyer
08-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Actually it's an interesting thread...besides your useless post.

topspin cyber flash is a good clone of Lux ALU.. all 3 of the strings mentioned are all good and the only way to determine which is best for you is to TRY them yourself!

The Topspin Cyber Flash would be a good start. I have played it and it is pretty close to BBO.

How do you compare them in terms tension loss?
I found CF to be great for only few hours.
Are BBO and/or ALU a little better for this aspect?
Thank you!

TennisandMusic
08-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Actually it's an interesting thread...besides your useless post.

How do you compare them in terms tension loss?
I found CF to be great for only few hours.
Are BBO and/or ALU a little better for this aspect?
Thank you!

BBO and ALU are not really better in that respect no. In fact they might be on the lower end of the scale for how long it stays "playable." Of course that is relative. The thing is if you're a hard hitter, you probably aren't getting much use out of ANY string, so therefore you're going to burn through anything.

If you're getting a lot of use out of a poly (I've seen guys on this board say they are hitting HARD topspin and getting 60 hours out of their string setup...that doesn't compute) it might not even be necessary to use.

For the strings listed maybe the concept pure lasts the longest. The big ace is ok. Actually I think a friend said something to me along the lines of "big ace in any racquet is a disaster." But some people like it. If I was forced to pick between the three listed I think it would be the concept pure without much hesitation.

Casco
08-19-2009, 02:32 AM
None ate really like BBO but Cyberflash would be closest.