PDA

View Full Version : CAUTION - Babolat's new Xtra Sweetsport technology

Irvin
08-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Anyone strung one of these rackets yet? I knew something was up the first time I looked at them. These rackets can be strung one piece top to bottom but if you get the short side on the wrong side you will start all your crosses on the wrong side.

Make sure you short side ties off at the hole marked 2x. If you are stringing two piece make sure your top cross ties off at the hole marked 4x. If you are changing the grommets make sure you get the correct one on the correct side. The two sides are not symmetrical.

Irvin

Bud
08-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Anyone strung one of these rackets yet? I knew something was up the first time I looked at them. These rackets can be strung one piece top to bottom but if you get the short side on the wrong side you will start all your crosses on the wrong side.

Make sure you short side ties off at the hole marked 2x. If you are stringing two piece make sure your top cross ties off at the hole marked 4x. If you are changing the grommets make sure you get the correct one on the correct side. The two sides are not symmetrical.

Irvin

Is that sweetsport or sweetspot? :p

Irvin
08-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Is that sweetsport or sweetspot? :p

Sweetspot

Irvin

sruckauf
08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Yipes. Thanks for the heads up Irvin. I can definitely seem some of these sticks coming my way from my club.

YULitle
08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Right, just like the O3's.

Seems obvious.

Il Mostro
08-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Do these have markings like the O3's, thus making them just as idiot-proof?

sruckauf
08-18-2009, 02:32 PM

Seems obvious.

True, true. Off topic, but feel the need to rant. I strung a first generation O3 Silver the other day. I found the short side just fine, but man was it a pain to string the last couple crosses at the bottom.

Irvin
08-19-2009, 12:24 PM

Seems obvious.

Not quite you could string these Babolat rackets and never notice you did not string it correctly. Maybe you could string two rackets for one customer one right and one wrong. They make bring them back and say they don't play the same. Hummm???

Unlike the Prince O Port rackets and the old Wilson roller racket these new Babolat racket can be string right and wrong. Each of the grommet holes in the babolat rackets are the standard small hole except for the tie offs.

Do these have markings like the O3's, thus making them just as idiot-proof?

The Prince rackets have the short side marked. Babolat's rackets have the tie off holes at the top marked 2x and 4x. I guess it is up to you to figure out what that means.

Irvin

Irvin
08-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Here is a side view of one of those rackets

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/BXS102-3.JPG

The string should go over those bumps on the outside of the racket but they could go in between them if you had the short side on the wrong side.

Irvin