PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Pro 17g -> Maxim Touch 17g

Jinx
08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I have a YouTek Radical MP and went with HEAD's recommendation, but I really did not enjoy the feeling of poly, so I'm gonna go back to multi as soon as the Sonic Pro dies.

Looking at the general recommendation of multi's on the board, I figured that Maxim Touch was worth a try. I understand that Maxim Touch is a low-powered string, but Sonic Pro itself isn't a power based string either.

Current setup is Sonic Pro 17g is 57 lbs. If this matters or not, I generally hit flat with the occasional top spin, and 1 hand backhand.

What I would like to know is, what tension should I use on the Maxim Touch 17g to get a similar power to the Sonic Pro 17g?

Thank you very much!

tennisfreak15347
08-18-2009, 01:54 PM
To get a similar power level to Sonic Pro 17g, I would string it at around 59lbs. In my opinion, Sonic Pro 17g is already multi-like in the sense that there's a lot of feel and power. If i didn't know any better, I would have sworn that Sonic Pro was a multi, not a poly. IMO, Sonic Pro and Maxim Touch aren't that far off from each other in terms of power level, feel, and comfort.

Jinx
08-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Sonic Pro is a good string, don't get me wrong. It's just that there's something about the string that seems to bother me, but I can't seem to figure out what it is, thus I'm blaming it on the poly since I've been using multi for as long as I can remember.

59 lbs. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks tennisfreak15347

stanfordtennis alum
08-19-2009, 10:33 AM
59lbs or even 60lbs should work fine...good luck!

Jinx
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
okay, thanks stanfordtennisalum