PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a string that I'll love!

pvaudio
08-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Obviously no one can tell you what kind of string works for you without actually being you, but I can't seem to find the perfect one for me. I used to absolutely love Technifibre NRG2, then fell in love with Laserfiber supernatural. Years ago I had my AG200 strung up with hurricane pro and absolutely loved it, so I bought a set of it and put it in an AG100 and that same great feel is there again. This is a problem because I love the crisp feeling of the multifilaments, but love the muted feel of the poly with the outstanding spin potential. The problem is that I don't know which I love more. :)

I do know and can tell you this: the poly tends to be a lot more durable, but that's about as obvious as Federer is good. I tried a full setup of Alu Rough and absolutely loved it on groundstrokes, but then switched sticks to let the grip dry and on my service game, serves and volleys were untouchable (figuratively at least lol) with the NRG in the frame. Is there any possibility there is a string out there that feels like this? It has the feeling that the ball is being snapped off the strings just like with a multi, but at the same time doesn't feel lively like a poly? Help! :D

dhahntennis
08-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Obviously no one can tell you what kind of string works for you without actually being you, but I can't seem to find the perfect one for me. I used to absolutely love Technifibre NRG2, then fell in love with Laserfiber supernatural. Years ago I had my AG200 strung up with hurricane pro and absolutely loved it, so I bought a set of it and put it in an AG100 and that same great feel is there again. This is a problem because I love the crisp feeling of the multifilaments, but love the muted feel of the poly with the outstanding spin potential. The problem is that I don't know which I love more. :)

I do know and can tell you this: the poly tends to be a lot more durable, but that's about as obvious as Federer is good. I tried a full setup of Alu Rough and absolutely loved it on groundstrokes, but then switched sticks to let the grip dry and on my service game, serves and volleys were untouchable (figuratively at least lol) with the NRG in the frame. Is there any possibility there is a string out there that feels like this? It has the feeling that the ball is being snapped off the strings just like with a multi, but at the same time doesn't feel lively like a poly? Help! :D

i would say that you shud try MSV Focus Hex 1.10, Big Ace 17 g. or maybe Micro, and Luxilon Ace these strings will give you the spin you like in a poly with a nice soft feel

diredesire
08-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I'll suggest the deader side of the multi spectrum (IMO)

Babolat Attraction, Tecnifibre Multifeel

Or alternatively, you could hybrid the two (poly and multi) and switch it up in both mains and crosses, and maybe you will find a happy medium :)

pvaudio
08-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I have just strung up a racquet with big ace micro, and i'll try it out tomorrow. Another stick is strung with maxim touch, one is going to be strung with genesis black magic and the 4th will be strung with blue gear. I'll report on all of them.