PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Revenge

dantesinferno18
08-18-2009, 07:46 PM
I am thinking about trying out babolat revenge in a hybrid soon. However i want to find a good soft string to use in the cross, i was thinking Isospeed control classic 16. It says revenge is pretty soft so can i get away with a more stiff string like syn.gut? I really like the stiffnes of Gama revalation 17 but i go through it in less than a week. So basically what i am asking is what cross string will bring babolat revenge down to the stiffness of gama revelation 17 which is 186 according to this site( http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200809/200809allstrings.html )

Thanks for all the help.

tennisfreak15347
08-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Babolat Revenge is anything but soft. check out this site, it says Babolat Revenge is 302 stiffness, which is stiffer than 99% of the polys out on the market. Furthermore, having a soft cross will never bring the stiffness of Babolat Revenge down, because the stiffness of a string cannot be changed from using a different cross.
If you're looking to use Babolat Revenge in a soft stringbend stringbend, be sure to string it down really low.

star 5 15
08-19-2009, 05:16 AM
I have entensively used the revenge(when it was r200c) and it is softer than alu in my opinion. I'm gonna go twith the argument that personal expierence with the string overides a number.

dantesinferno18
08-19-2009, 08:21 AM
ok then what would you suggest i hybrid it with? and at what tension?

NadalFan1990
08-19-2009, 08:45 AM
I have used Technifibre x-One Biphase in a hybrid with Big Banger ALU Rough in the crosses and I liked it. I don't think it would be much different if you used Revenge in the mains with x-One Biphase in the crosses- it might even last longer.

jsomrak
08-19-2009, 09:23 AM
I have been using revenge in my aerogel 200 4d. I would suggest not to hybrid!!! It plays softer, and better in a full setup. String slightly lower. It has great ball pocketing, and feel by itself. In a hybrid with gut it was a trampoline, and sucked. Start with full setup and then if that's too stiff lower tension, and if that doesn't work. Try hybrid as last resort.

dantesinferno18
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the help. Has anyone else used this string and how did you like it? Hybrid or full setup? How soft was it? If you dont recomend it what would you recomend that plays similar to it?

mrmo1115
08-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Babolat Revenge is anything but soft. check out this site, it says Babolat Revenge is 302 stiffness, which is stiffer than 99% of the polys out on the market. Furthermore, having a soft cross will never bring the stiffness of Babolat Revenge down, because the stiffness of a string cannot be changed from using a different cross.
If you're looking to use Babolat Revenge in a soft stringbend stringbend, be sure to string it down really low.

I didn't think Revenge was stiff at all, it was nothing compared to the PHT. I actually classify Revenge soft in my books! I am not a fan of co-poly's so thats why I don't like strings like Revenge, BA, etc.

dantesinferno18
08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
well i just ordered 2 sets of the 17 gauge i will let you know how i like it. anyone else feel free to share your reviews of it and if you hybrided it what did you use?

mrmo1115
08-19-2009, 09:46 PM
well i just ordered 2 sets of the 17 gauge i will let you know how i like it. anyone else feel free to share your reviews of it and if you hybrided it what did you use?

Hybrid w/ VS Gut. Brother is using the set up now and apparently likes it. He is more of a soft poly liker. (IMHO again Revenge is soft in our books)

TennisandMusic
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Just played with the revenge 16 tonight. Very nice string, I'm fairly impressed. I think the 17 could be pretty nice.

I felt it was very soft, but the PST GT might have contributed to that so I'm not quite sure. But definitely zero discomfort or pain. No shock whatsoever to my arm.

dantesinferno18
08-19-2009, 10:18 PM
the thing is i cant really afford gut thats why i bought revenge so it will last long

dantesinferno18
08-19-2009, 10:18 PM
what tension do you have it at?

mrmo1115
08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Mine was a hybrid of Revenge mains at 57 and Gut at 59

IMHO what makes the choice to stick with PHT easier is the fact that Revenge is so expensive and not worth it

dantesinferno18
08-19-2009, 10:34 PM
well i have kinda been having some arm issues latly so i just wanted something easy on the arm

dantesinferno18
08-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Just played with the revenge 16 tonight. Very nice string, I'm fairly impressed. I think the 17 could be pretty nice.

I felt it was very soft, but the PST GT might have contributed to that so I'm not quite sure. But definitely zero discomfort or pain. No shock whatsoever to my arm.

did you use a full revenge set up?

poinconeru
08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Can anyone give a more detailed compare and contrast with Revenge and PHT (my current favorite string)?

namartens
08-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I tested my pure drive gt's strung with revenge 1.30 at 24,5kg.

It lasted about 5 to 6 sets (2 fairly short matches and the first set of another) which was disappointing since ALU power gets me the same durability while it is thinner. It played pretty nice: got plenty of power and spin from the string and I didn't quite feel the tension loosening, but maybe thats because it broke pretty soon before it should become unplayable.

The feel/sound of the string when hitting a ball was a bit muted/deadish (because it's so stiff I guess) but again it did play nice. I could suddenly distinctly hear my BB Original rough do a 'poing' when I switched to that, while I normally don't hear/feel that. Although I really liked the string I'm not sure it's worth the money since BB ALU power/original cost about the same..

mrmo1115
08-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Can anyone give a more detailed compare and contrast with Revenge and PHT (my current favorite string)?

Revenge- softer , won't get you the spin that PHT gives. Will last longer compared to PHT though including tension retention.

PHT you just get more pop and spin to your shots. Feels alot more comfortable for me.

star 5 15
08-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Babolat Revenge is now my second fav poly. I think I still like the Alu Power the best. The Revenge seems to lose the that fresh off the machine feeling after about 30 minutes. I ususally got it until I would stop hitting for the day with Alu.

dantesinferno18
08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
i just got my babolat revenge 17 and on the back it says that the reccomended tension is lik 45ish why is this? And the reccomended tension for the 16 is 62

star 5 15
08-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Would anyone be interested in buying what I left of my reel in 17g. I have 530 ft left on it. I will sell it for $170 shipped.
email me at auburntennis5@aim.com if interested.

KOtennis
09-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Tried Revenge 17 on my PST at 60 pounds.
Had PHT 17 at 60 pounds on my other PST.

hit for about 30 mins with both during the same outing.

IMO, Revenge feels softer and has more power. It's got nice spin, but not as much as the PHT. Sting moves more during hitting.

Prefer PHT on my PST, and will try Revenge on my AG100 tonight at about 58 pounds.