PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to take the Ivy's this year?

T10s747
08-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Will Columbia repeat? Will Yale's strong recruits bring a sole tennis title that they haven't won since 1960? Will Princeton be the cellar team after losing their 1 & 2? Will kctennis and Dechattelus bring Dartmouth an Ivy dual win this year? Will the competitive Coach Geatz bring Cornell a title after finishing a surprising 2nd last year. Will UPenn reclaim the title they won in 2006 and 2007 with their strong transfer from UCLA? How does Harvard not win the title with their tradition, funding and ability to recruit? Will Brown surprise again bringing out the best of a lackluster recruiting season?

FloridaAG
08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Go Brown all the way - alum class of '94

T1000
08-19-2009, 10:16 AM
I think Harvard, UPENN, or Yale will win it. Really strong recruits came in for each school. I think the favorites after those three are Darmouth, Cornell, and Columbia. Brown and Princeton definetly wont win

kctennis1005
08-20-2009, 08:36 AM
to be honest its going to come down to who works the hardest.....each team has a good amount of talent but whoever works the hardest and is mentally the toughest on court will win.......most ivy matches are relatively close and anyone can beat anyone so it comes down to the focus of the players and the training they've done

10isDad
08-20-2009, 10:51 AM
I think Brown,...will win it.
Brown...definetly wont win

...Hmmmm...:confused:

T1000
08-20-2009, 07:06 PM
...Hmmmm...:confused:

Meant Harvard in the first one, my bad

duusoo
08-21-2009, 02:41 AM
Cornell. Dave Geatz is the best coach in the Ivy League. As a former Gopher I have a bias, but that aside he will work miracles in any program. I know nothing of the players, or program, but I do know Dave.

T10s747
08-22-2009, 07:16 PM
It looks to me that Dartmouth and Princeton will do battle to stay out of the cellar as Princeton loses their 1 & 2 players. UPenn will contend with the strong Croatian transfer from UCLA who will shore up their singles and doubles line up with the addition of Wong. Geatz has something up his sleeve as it looks like Cornell picked up 4 foreign freshman! Are foreign players encroaching onto the Ivy League as every team has a few nowadays? Columbia contends as they lose no one on their championship team. Powers is a good addition to the Yale team but he won't be enough to turn their fortunes.

kctennis1005
08-22-2009, 11:50 PM
brown lost quite a few players this year too

stanfordtennis alum
08-23-2009, 08:47 AM
U PENN and dartmouth are looking good

NickC
08-23-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't really follow college tennis, but I'm rooting for UPENN because Robbie "Big Shot Bob" Wong is a good friend of mine and it'd be nice to see someone I know accomplish something great out there.

scraps234
08-23-2009, 12:42 PM
dartmouth!...

10isDad
08-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Meant Harvard in the first one, my bad

I hope you're right. Harvard has a friend of my son as an incoming freshman: Andy Nguyen. Hopefully he'll develop even more at college.

Wondertoy
08-23-2009, 05:33 PM
His brother just graduated from Harvard.

10isDad
08-24-2009, 09:00 AM
His brother just graduated from Harvard.

I think Dan's still there to attend graduate school, although it's been a while since I've chatted with either so could be wrong.

T10s747
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I think Dan's still there to attend graduate school, although it's been a while since I've chatted with either so could be wrong.

B school.................?

Fedace
08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Harvard University

HurricaneHauk
01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
I'll give you a quick breakdown since my team plays every Ivy

Brown/Dartmouth are out along with Princeton, the favorites are Columbia, UPenn, Harvard, Cornell, and Yale

Cornell is not very good, they have a bunch of over achievers and both their top players Jacklistch and Fife are pushers. Their 1 dubs is very good and the rest not so much.

Harvard has a solid 1 with Evans but then again it all depends on how his serve goes since he relies so much on it. The rest of the lineup is meh BUT their doubles is very very very good.

UPenn is also good with the UCLA transfer at 1 but he checks out at times and doesn't try. I have no idea is the Moroccan is coming back in the spring because of his injury but if he does they are my pick. The rest of the lineup has Phil Law, Adam Shwartz, and some freshmen who aren't that good, sorry to say.

Columbia is my favorite. Their number 1 and 2 are interchangeable but both are head cases. Their 3-4 is also very solid but the 5-6 is a little weak. Doubles is also good but once again half the team is a bunch of head cases.

finally there is Yale who could surprise people but apart from Huang, Powers they don't have that much promise. They graduated their top 2 players, and their doubles got much much worse.

My top 3 are in order:
Columbia
Harvard
Yale